Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Apparently Khimki won't even participate in the VTB league next season so presumably all their players will be free agents.

I wonder where Shved will end up?
    Somewhere in Russia.

I have the same feeling. I don't think CSKA will try to sign him, but Unics or LOKO will. I don't think Pascual is something crazy about him.

I doubt Shved will move from Moscow, where he and his wife has business, unless its NBA or EL

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I doubt Shved will move from Moscow, where he and his wife has business, unless its NBA or EL
    This has to be a pretty big blow to the VTB League. After CSKA, Khimki must have been the biggest spenders and most consistent club over the past decade or so.
    Also not great news for Jordi either. They were either a Eurocup contender or (mostly) a competitive Euroleague team during those years also.

This has to be a pretty big blow to the VTB League. After CSKA, Khimki must have been the biggest spenders and most consistent club over the past decade or so.
    Also not great news for Jordi either. They were either a Eurocup contender or (mostly) a competitive Euroleague team during those years also.
    I think Jordi doesn't care too much, cause he won a jackpot with Zenit now. Big city club with big sponsor. Maybe he even lost a bit of a headache, cause Khimki always looked like a candidate for that longterm wildcard, but smth was missing (it's still a region, and that shady stability), and now with Zenit there's a full package. I bet that Zenit will get long term license soon

I think Jordi doesn't care too much, cause he won a jackpot with Zenit now. Big city club with big sponsor. Maybe he even lost a bit of a headache, cause Khimki always looked like a candidate for that longterm wildcard, but smth was missing (it's still a region, and that shady stability), and now with Zenit there's a full package. I bet that Zenit will get long term license soon
    That's a good point. Really more of an issue for Eurocup because the Russian and Spanish teams are mostly what is giving it the edge over the BCL.

Do you think Khimki will still be able to field a Super League 1 team at least?

That's a good point. Really more of an issue for Eurocup because the Russian and Spanish teams are mostly what is giving it the edge over the BCL.

Do you think Khimki will still be able to field a Super League 1 team at least?
    Hard to say, mate, really hard. The last time I read anything from them, they were sayin that maybe it will be a "time-out" for Khimki in VTB, but at least basketball will be alive there, region cares a lot about it and etc. But I can't say that I bought it

Hard to say, mate, really hard. The last time I read anything from them, they were sayin that maybe it will be a "time-out" for Khimki in VTB, but at least basketball will be alive there, region cares a lot about it and etc. But I can't say that I bought it
    Yeah doesn't sound too good unfortunately.

Next season could be successful for Fener. I see rumor that Benitez is coming to football club. Great for that poor guy Tevfik(Marco),I don't know anymore what is his nick

But back to basketball, if rumor about De Colo for next two years is true, then there is a good chance for us to make respectable roster with 2 or 3 new playes. New (decent)pg, SF instead of Ulanovas and back up center(not streetballer this time) is quit enough imo

How is it even possible that Turkish Clubs can generate high budgets regarding the absolutely dramatic fall of Lira over the last decade? I have looked it up and most of the sponsors (Fenerbahce and Efes) are based in Turkey. Do they receive support of the government?

Benitez is a great dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    How is it even possible that Turkish Clubs can generate high budgets regarding the absolutely dramatic fall of Lira over the last decade? I have looked it up and most of the sponsors (Fenerbahce and Efes) are based in Turkey. Do they receive support of the government?

Benitez is a great dinosaur.
    As I know Fener has 19m budget this year and Efes's isn't too much higher. Someone here wrote that Bayern budget is near 20 milions.

Take into condiseration that Turkey is 80+ milion country so even domestic market is huge. BTW Beko isn't based only in Turkey, as I know they are Barca's sponsors too

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    As I know Fener has 19m budget this year and Efes's isn't too much higher. Someone here wrote that Bayern budget is near 20 milions.

Take into condiseration that Turkey is 80+ milion country so even domestic market is huge. BTW Beko isn't based only in Turkey, as I know they are Barca's sponsors too
    Thank you. I still have two questions: In Germany budget = turnover, how it is being handled in Turkey and how are the taxation rates?
    That was actually me, thanks for the reminder as I looked the new annual financial statement up that was published one week ago and to my astonishment their budget has dropped from 26.4m (18/19) to 24.1m (19/20). They spent less money for wages 18.6 -> 16.8.

Milano interested in Spanoulis but his priority is to stay with Olympiacos.

"Anadolu Efes appeared in the race for Thomas Walkup, per sources. Hearing their interest is very serious." - Urbodo.

Good defender but if he is considered to replace Micic Efes needs at least one center and one four which one of them is able make plays for others

Rokas Giedraitis will sign a contract with the Charlotte Hornets in the next few days. His replacement in Baskonia will be Fontecchio.

Yabusele is not going to sign with Real, the Asvel player is going to wait for offers from NBA and if they don't reach him he will sign with Olimpia Milano.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Leonard View Post
    Rokas Giedraitis will sign a contract with the Charlotte Hornets in the next few days. His replacement in Baskonia will be Fontecchio.

Yabusele is not going to sign with Real, the Asvel player is going to wait for offers from NBA and if they don't reach him he will sign with Olimpia Milano.
    What's the source about Giedraitis?

R. Jokubaitis to Barcelona is a done deal according to Lithuanian news sources. Žalgiris offered him more than Barca, but he decided to go back to Jasikevičius and didn't accept more money. Probably has to do with the fact that Schiller envisioned him as SG and he wants to play as PG and Šaras is willing to do allow him to grow as PG.

M. Kalnietis is close to being back to Žalgiris.

Let's hope that Kalnietis will keep the form that allowed him to become MVP of VTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Good defender but if he is considered to replace Micic Efes needs at least one center and one four which one of them is able make plays for others
    Walkup is an average player, he cant replace Vasa.

Meanwhile:
    Devin Booker to Fener (very good add)
    Jordan Mickey close to Maccabi (great add)

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Walkup is an average player, he cant replace Vasa.

Meanwhile:
    Devin Booker to Fener (very good add)
    Jordan Mickey close to Maccabi (great add)
    Nobody can replace Micic and thats not the point. Efes must just fill out the lack of creativity with another spot thats all. Considering the market situation Walkup is a good deal.

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast