Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,421 to 1,436 of 1436

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Looks like Mike James will win the Alphonso Ford trophy this year, but the question is on how many shot attempts?

Does anyone have any idea how AS Monaco is paying for this year's roster? In past seasons, they have had a budget of about 9 million euros, which is already crazy for a team that plays in front of fewer than 3000 fans. My guess is they are outspending quite a few teams in this year's Euroleague.

Maccabi is looking for replacement center who would agree to come for two months, to temporarily replace Zizic...Alex Tyus's name was mentioned, but frankly I would prefer Black....
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Maccabi is looking for replacement center who would agree to come for two months, to temporarily replace Zizic...Alex Tyus's name was mentioned, but frankly I would prefer Black....
    I believe Black signed with the Nuggets, but it may just be a training camp deal.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    I believe Black signed with the Nuggets, but it may just be a training camp deal.
    Well, too bad. I'm not sure that Tyus is good enough anymore. But they need to find somebody to agree to come for couple of months...may be some players from D-League.
    Or TJ Leaf, if he's free.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

I watched the Greek supercup won not very easily by Panathinaikos.

They dominated under the paint both opponents but euroleague is a different story. Yet Papagiannis shows further improvement and ready to face every opponent.

The main problem for the time being is Nedovic, he is not himself. The team needs his scoring, it is strange because he had plenty of time to recover from his injury.

So it seems that they are trying to sign Ferrell in order to have another scoring option. He hasn't found yet a nba team.
    Last edited by ronmercer80; 09-27-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Maccabi signed Matias Lessort for two months, with option till the end of season. I am not really familiar with him, but according to highlights, he kinda looks like Reynolds, with a bit more defensive orientation. I might be wrong. Opinions?
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

it looks like eliah bryant again FA.. I can see several EL teams interested..
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Maccabi signed Matias Lessort for two months, with option till the end of season. I am not really familiar with him, but according to highlights, he kinda looks like Reynolds, with a bit more defensive orientation. I might be wrong. Opinions?
    Lessort is Tyus twin. A lot of athleticism, 0 outside shooting

Quote Originally Posted by felix_r View Post
    Lessort is Tyus twin. A lot of athleticism, 0 outside shooting
    Well, he's a bit taller, and Zizic has zero outside shooting too. I guess if Lessort had good middle-long range shooting he would be in NBA... Overall, I couldn't say I'm completely happy about this signing, but we"ll have to see.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Well, he's a bit taller, and Zizic has zero outside shooting too. I guess if Lessort had good middle-long range shooting he would be in NBA... Overall, I couldn't say I'm completely happy about this signing, but we"ll have to see.
    For a two-month stopgap, Lessort should suffice. Yes, he is limited on offense, but he should be an upgrade from Zizic on the defensive end particularly in pick and roll. Jake Cohen never seemed like a legit Euroleague level player to me, but if Maccabi ever needs their backup center to stretch the floor with outside shooting, he can fill that roll for a few minutes. Regardless, I can see Sfairopoulos playing Reynolds 30+ minutes a game until Zizic returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball Fiend View Post
    For a two-month stopgap, Lessort should suffice. Yes, he is limited on offense, but he should be an upgrade from Zizic on the defensive end particularly in pick and roll. Jake Cohen never seemed like a legit Euroleague level player to me, but if Maccabi ever needs their backup center to stretch the floor with outside shooting, he can fill that roll for a few minutes. Regardless, I can see Sfairopoulos playing Reynolds 30+ minutes a game until Zizic returns.
    I agree about Cohen, he's more Israeli league solution - and as of now his 3 pointers not really falling in yet.
    However, I don't think Yannis will give Reynolds 30 minutes every game, you might be surprised by Sorkin. And while he definitely lacks any EL experience, he showed promising signs playing against Eilat's pretty good front line, blocking Justin Patton (and showing nice double double of 16 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks). It's only three games, so everything is still under question, but I guess we"ll see it against Bayern, since Lessort probably won't play. Not sure if he'll need to isolate, since he comes from EU, but he won't have any practice time with the team.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    it looks like eliah bryant again FA.. I can see several EL teams interested..
    The Bucks brought him back, but just on a training camp deal so he might be back to being available soon.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

FEDCOM is a new sponsor of Euroleague it is also the main sponsor of team Monaco. Finally Euroleague managed to a new one.

I agree about Cohen, he's more Israeli league solution - and as of now his 3 pointers not really falling in yet.
    However, I don't think Yannis will give Reynolds 30 minutes every game, you might be surprised by Sorkin. And while he definitely lacks any EL experience, he showed promising signs playing against Eilat's pretty good front line, blocking Justin Patton (and showing nice double double of 16 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks). It's only three games, so everything is still under question, but I guess we"ll see it against Bayern, since Lessort probably won't play. Not sure if he'll need to isolate, since he comes from EU, but he won't have any practice time with the team.
    I watched Maccabi's three cup games and came away impressed with Sorkin. I had seen him play a few times in college and with Haifa but never realized he was that athletic. I am convinced he will be an asset in the Israeli league but still unsure about the Euroleague. I hope Sfairopoulos gives Sorkin some minutes against Bayern to see how he responds, especially since they are playing shorthanded.

For me, the biggest question mark coming into the season for Maccabi is whether or not Evans is capable of being the elite level pg they are going to need him to be in order to have a chance at the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball Fiend View Post
    I watched Maccabi's three cup games and came away impressed with Sorkin. I had seen him play a few times in college and with Haifa but never realized he was that athletic. I am convinced he will be an asset in the Israeli league but still unsure about the Euroleague. I hope Sfairopoulos gives Sorkin some minutes against Bayern to see how he responds, especially since they are playing shorthanded.
    I was impressed not only by athleticism (he blocked Justin Patton, who is 2.13m, and is very athletic as well),but also by good technique, and high basketball IQ. He did go to college, after all, so he has good basics.

For me, the biggest question mark coming into the season for Maccabi is whether or not Evans is capable of being the elite level pg they are going to need him to be in order to have a chance at the playoffs.
    I hope he will be Ok, he improved a lot over three games. In addition, Nunnaly appears to be a huge asset - he helps with game management, has killer defence, in addition to known qualities - high 3p%, and FT%. I am very happy with this signing.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

I was impressed not only by athleticism (he blocked Justin Patton, who is 2.13m, and is very athletic as well),but also by good technique, and high basketball IQ. He did go to college, after all, so he has good basics.

I hope he will be Ok, he improved a lot over three games. In addition, Nunnaly appears to be a huge asset - he helps with game management, has killer defence, in addition to known qualities - high 3p%, and FT%. I am very happy with this signing.

At first, I was unsure about the Nunnaly signing, but after watching the first three games I was sold on his value to this team. He'll be that 3 and D player that most teams covet these days. I wish he was able to create off the dribble a little more, but at least he seems to play within his limitations.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172