Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1277

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

  1. #881
    Senior Member Spittifiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    972
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Bad move imo. He is ideal 2nd pf with 15 min on the court.
    you could be right. however, i still prefer another pf instead of barthel who can at least defend. what are your thoughts on şehmus's potential transfer to fener? this tweet claims that an agreement has been reached https://twitter.com/fbacibadem/statu...41768025722884


    Fenerbahçe İstanbul

  2. #882
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,522
    Country: United States

    Default

    Of course a lot of American players will be late signees as they first take a crack at the NBA. The draft is also not until late July this year.


    Quote Originally Posted by zubitos View Post
    The issue with the EL last years from fans view.... is that you don't have the excitement for the new tranfers......I remember myself to watch all the friendly matches off season to saw the new transfers of my team.......now we have a recycle between the teams with the same players.

    Ofcourse I can undersand that all coaches prefer players with EL experience because is a very difficult league (especially for those who haven't play again in the league).
    But sometimes I have to admit that i missed the excitement of the new Americans or other foreigner players that we usually didn't have any picture.

    I don't know if it happens to you?

    For example I am Olympiacos, I know all the new players and what they can do before the seasons starts......there is no such thing as the unexpected.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

  3. #883
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    you could be right. however, i still prefer another pf instead of barthel who can at least defend. what are your thoughts on şehmus's potential transfer to fener? this tweet claims that an agreement has been reached https://twitter.com/fbacibadem/statu...41768025722884
    I am big fan of him and it would be great move for both sides. But in that case we should get rid of Melih, so he can get decent minutes on the court. He already has bigger role in NT then Melih

  4. #884
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,795
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Anandolu Efes re-signs Tolga Gecim and Yigitcan Saybir

    Awful signings for EL champion. Two idiots in the roster, even for BSL

    For the first time Fener made smarter domestic players signings then Efes
    Efes re-signs everybody. I now expect a 3 year contract extension for Dunston.

    As one Twitter user said I get older just by looking at our roster.

    On the flip side, I think there's time for a few major moves, and no need to panic. Some of the biggest names in the EL were signed very late, Udoh, Larkin, etc.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  5. #885
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,675
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    jalen reynolds to Maccabi
    first of all i have to say thanks to othello. i was wrong about him .i tought he gave all his best when we added him. wrong. he was simply great in his yellow years.
    Reynolds. well, nothing special. classical physical american c .

  6. #886
    Senior Member arelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    882
    Country: Israel

    Default

    What's your thoughts here about Reynolds to Maccabi?

    In general Maccabi fans love this signing, but some of them put it in a question mark because of the defense problem
    They say that Reynolds and Zizic together will be a big defense problem for Maccabi
    Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

  7. #887
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,597
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Cannot see anything bad in this transfer. One of top 3 EL centers.

  8. #888
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    354
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    German friends, could you give your opinion about Niels Giffey and Jaleen Smith. Thank you.

  9. #889
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Obradovic to Partizan.

  10. #890
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    German friends, could you give your opinion about Niels Giffey and Jaleen Smith. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    I was convinced Bayern goes for him as he would perfectly fit in the Trinchieri-system. Terrific defender, offensively more creative than Walkup, very inconsistent shooter though. Combo-guard. Leader. Clutch. Selfmade-El-Player. Two years ago he played in the second division. His usage-rate is off the charts this season, nothing to worry about as he used to be a better role-player in the two season before. His whole characteristic and story reminds me on Pierra Henry.
    Re-quoting thiago's thoughts regarding Jaleen Smith's pontential and his play-style.

  11. #891
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Iffe Lundberg is declining an extension with CSKA to test NBA free agency. Pretty surprising news, although probably not for the Interbasket posters predicting the death of European club basketball.

  12. #892
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Iffe Lundberg is declining an extension with CSKA to test NBA free agency. Pretty surprising news, although probably not for the Interbasket posters predicting the death of European club basketball.
    He is nowhere near NBA level player yet. Maybe someone will be eager to give him a shot and may offer a two-way contract, although that's an absolute ceiling for him. He will end up impairing his career as Jock Landale is doing right now.

  13. #893
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    He is nowhere near NBA level player yet. Maybe someone will be eager to give him a shot and may offer a two-way contract, although that's an absolute ceiling for him. He will end up impairing his career as Jock Landale is doing right now.
    Exactly. To get a contract extension from CSKA is a huge opportunity.

  14. #894
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Zenit, Monaco, and Valencia has Mindaugas Kuzminskas in their respective target-lists (24sek.lt).

  15. #895
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    116
    Country: United States

    Default

    Really hope Nikola Kalinic and Rokas Giedraitis give the NBA a try. They can contribute in the right situation.

  16. #896
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Zenit, Monaco, and Valencia has Mindaugas Kuzminskas in their respective target-lists (24sek.lt).
    Would you say the seasons in Loko helped him after a tough time in Milano?

  17. #897
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Would you say the seasons in Loko helped him after a tough time in Milano?
    He had a sloppy season not only in Milano but in Olympiacos likewise. Certainly, after a few amateurish seasons, his sole intention was to find a team that would have allowed him to emerge as a player that is still capable of playing at the Euroleague's level. He made the right call by signing with Lokomotiv as he arose as the top scorer on the team. I would say that such seasons should have brought the confidence back and he should try his luck in signing a contract with the EL team. He's already 31 y/o and it's going to be very tough to gather interest from any top teams in the following years. Monaco appears like a very intriguing option as his playstyle somewhat fits the way they've been playing for the past several seasons. His experience would be highly valuable on this team. Although, it still remains unclear whether he would sacrifice a higher salary over Euroleague's comeback, as Monaco undoubtfully wouldn't be able to match Lokomotiv's offer. Furthermore, as for Zenit, they should be looking for better options at the SF position if they have high ambitions for next season. Valencia would be an option only if Unicaja is not going to offer him a contract.

  18. #898
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Argentina

  19. #899
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,300
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    It claims to announce confirmed information but it doesnt look like very reliable.

  20. #900
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    He had a sloppy season not only in Milano but in Olympiacos likewise. Certainly, after a few amateurish seasons, his sole intention was to find a team that would have allowed him to emerge as a player that is still capable of playing at the Euroleague's level. He made the right call by signing with Lokomotiv as he arose as the top scorer on the team. I would say that such seasons should have brought the confidence back and he should try his luck in signing a contract with the EL team. He's already 31 y/o and it's going to be very tough to gather interest from any top teams in the following years. Monaco appears like a very intriguing option as his playstyle somewhat fits the way they've been playing for the past several seasons. His experience would be highly valuable on this team. Although, it still remains unclear whether he would sacrifice a higher salary over Euroleague's comeback, as Monaco undoubtfully wouldn't be able to match Lokomotiv's offer. Furthermore, as for Zenit, they should be looking for better options at the SF position if they have high ambitions for next season. Valencia would be an option only if Unicaja is not going to offer him a contract.
    Thanks for this reply. I'm glad he's got his form back and it will be interesting to see where he plays next season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    It claims to announce confirmed information but it doesnt look like very reliable.
    What are you thinking about Galatasaray's latest moves?
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba-ch...r-galatasaray/

Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •