Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Eric is the same Eric as always. No touch around the rim and has trouble with offensive fouls but he can give ok 15 minutes with his defense. It is not his best season with TT Ankara. A between Eurocup and Euroleague guy (rather Eurocup than Euroleague). F4 is still possible even so in big danger but I dont see much impact in F4 unless James has his career night. Even this wouldnt be enough if you ask me.
    True, they are hardly top contender nowadays, but again, with current format, they only need to reach Final 4 and then anything can happen there (if Olympiacos won't be there )

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    Yes but during the summer CSKA said that they had to release Sant-Roos because of budget cuts and he wasn't on a particularly big contract by their standards. Now perhaps part of that budget was set aside for emergency signings during the season, but there's plenty of free agents out there. Just surprised that they're paying buyouts for guys that aren't established at this level. Although obviously they can't sign players who already played for other EL teams earlier in the season, but still...
    Vatutin loves to complain about money and how hard it is, he did similar interview recently when they've lost against mighty Kalev in VTB - short bench, decreased budget... I guess he is preparing himself some excuses early if failure will happen in the end of the season

Lundberg is official now, James should be back on Wednesday

Ryan Broekhoff after failed attempts to stay in NBA, signed in Australia for season

Comment

• Jeremy Evans undergoing medical tests in Milan
      EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        True, they are hardly top contender nowadays, but again, with current format, they only need to reach Final 4 and then anything can happen there (if Olympiacos won't be there )

Vatutin loves to complain about money and how hard it is, he did similar interview recently when they've lost against mighty Kalev in VTB - short bench, decreased budget... I guess he is preparing himself some excuses early if failure will happen in the end of the season

Lundberg is official now, James should be back on Wednesday

Ryan Broekhoff after failed attempts to stay in NBA, signed in Australia for season
        Ha, true! But to be fair iraz at the start of the season was insisting that CSKA did have budget cuts and talked about how they let several players leave while making just two (admittedly expensive) signings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          Ha, true! But to be fair iraz at the start of the season was insisting that CSKA did have budget cuts and talked about how they let several players leave while making just two (admittedly expensive) signings.
          They did cut a budget a bit, that's true, but Vatutin acted like now they'll be some mediocre EL club I just don't know if its a pressure for owners to get more funding, or some early excuses if smth will go wrong or he is just that kind of person, even tho he really is smart and good GM as we have much worse example not far away, in the same Moscow Region. But I mean you have Nornickel as owner, huge company, you have some big partners like RosTelekom, then government to back you up. It's obvious that you'll be fine even with losing some 5mln from some Aeroflot. Afterall, almost everyone cut their budgets. You still will have one of the biggest, if not the biggest out there. Even talking about roster they didn't lose any important player except for Hines, but it was not cause of money, but simply his decision to leave, which was unexpected. Sant-Roos was just a replacement for injured Clyburn, Koufos was huge disappointment and replaced by Milutinov. Shengelia signed, James re-signed, now Eric, Lundberg bought out and are basically the same Sant-Rosses from previous season. Of course all those internal problems with James, injuries are fcking up their plans, but it's funny to hear excuses about short bench and budget when you lose against Kalev, Zielona Gora, clubs which on their own are facing big financial troubles and couldn't afford one CSKA player

Comment

Maybe Iraz will correct me, but I think CSKA still has big ambitions, I can't imagine their sponsors being ok with anything but a trophy. That's why you can see Vatutin always so over dramatic in F4 and if CSKA wins it, it looks like not that winner smile, but mor elike huuuuge amount of pressure just fell off his shoulders Let's say Lundberg is not a sub for someone (unless some underperforming Strelnieks will be sacked), but more a player to widen backcourt rotation or to improve it. And I tend to believe that when CSKA lost Milu and failed to find proper replacement, which is simply impossible with current market being quite empty, they now will stake even more on backcourt and ISO game, that's why they need player like Lundberg, who is good in that or at least was in Stelmet. Eric will be needed as that rebounding/defending big, who used to be quite mobile to grab some offensive boards, do some dirty work, even tho I must admit I didn't see him lately
            I agree with you. The club obviously still has ambitions. But the situation is not the normal “CSKA situation” taking into account disturbances with James and injuries.
            Already in the summer, it was clear that the 12-men roster is not enough and that a PG is simply a necessity. It is not clear why this was not done earlier. Although it is quite possible that this is for the best, because now they have taken Lundberg, and in the summer, not much was known about him, no one saw him much. Of course, it is still a big question whether he will be good at CSKA, but he does not need to be a leader. This is Mike's role. And Mike should continue with this, because he has a real chance for the MVP. But help is clearly needed. And he won’t get it from Strelnieks, it is quite clear now. And Lundberg means some hope. At least, I believe he’ll be very useful. As for Eric - he is another Saint Roos. A guy for playing defense and rebounds.

About the budget, I can't say anything positively. But it's definitely not the biggest this season. Why don't all budget debaters pay attention to Barcelona, I wonder? Just for a change.

For all that, I cannot agree with those who are burying us now. Don't run ahead of the locomotive. I am sure that the team will compete for the championship and surprise many people. Much, of course, will depend on Mike's mental balance, and therefore on the internal climate in the team. Everything for us will be decided in F-4. And where to finish the regular season is not important at all.

Comment

• Looks like Foster and possibly Mack will be leaving PAO.

Also Khimki have been given a temporary transfer ban which will presumably stop them signing Vorontsevich.

EuroLeague imposed a temporary ban on Khimki's transfers until the club's compliance status with the Financial Stability and Fair Play Regulations is examined

Comment

clubs which on their own are facing big financial troubles and couldn't afford one CSKA player
                Did you hear anything about what vivo posted a couple of weeks ago about Khimki's future being uncertain? Just interesting that those rumours appeared when they're struggling so badly, releasing players and now with the temporary transfer ban as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  Did you hear anything about what vivo posted a couple of weeks ago about Khimki's future being uncertain? Just interesting that those rumours appeared when they're struggling so badly, releasing players and now with the temporary transfer ban as well.
                  Khimki GM confirmed that they are having some troubles with payments since January, basically cause sponsors are a bit struggling with funding. They are paying salaries, but not in full. So I guess Shved receives it I guess this ban is cause of Jerebko situation. Jerebko claimed that he left the club in the end of December with club's permission, he wanted to spend some time with family, his wife is pregnant, club now denying such permission and said that Jerebko left on his own. When Jerebko didn't show up for a game in the beginning of January, club told Jerebko's agent that he can stay in Sweden and stopped paying salary, then terminated the contract. Very fishy situation. It might be that Khimki knew that financial situation is getting worse, EL PO is gone, so decided to save some money and Jerebko has wealthy contract for well over million dollars, they gave verbal agreement for Jerebko to leave, and now are requiring signed papers from him to confirm that. But that's just a guess, however it'd be strange that player would leave just like that, especially when at that time there were no problems with salaries. We'll see how it all will pan out

Comment

• Jovic left Moscow and his future in Khimki's roster is uncertain.

Comment

Khimki GM confirmed that they are having some troubles with payments since January, basically cause sponsors are a bit struggling with funding. They are paying salaries, but not in full. So I guess Shved receives it I guess this ban is cause of Jerebko situation. Jerebko claimed that he left the club in the end of December with club's permission, he wanted to spend some time with family, his wife is pregnant, club now denying such permission and said that Jerebko left on his own. When Jerebko didn't show up for a game in the beginning of January, club told Jerebko's agent that he can stay in Sweden and stopped paying salary, then terminated the contract. Very fishy situation. It might be that Khimki knew that financial situation is getting worse, EL PO is gone, so decided to save some money and Jerebko has wealthy contract for well over million dollars, they gave verbal agreement for Jerebko to leave, and now are requiring signed papers from him to confirm that. But that's just a guess, however it'd be strange that player would leave just like that, especially when at that time there were no problems with salaries. We'll see how it all will pan out
                      Thanks for this response. I had no idea about that whole Jerebko situation but I just thought he left because they'd given up on the season and were trying to save some money.

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                      Jovic left Moscow and his future in Khimki's roster is uncertain.
                      Sounds like a messy situation at Khimki now.

Comment

• Olympiacos is targeting Koufos.

Comment

• Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                          Olympiacos is targeting Koufos.
                          It's a done deal as it seems, only signatures left. 40 days contract + options. Hassan Martin needs a surgery, so Koufos will sub him

Comment

• Pau who?
                            EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Pau is back in europe!!

Comment

• Entire organisation must be waking up twice a night in cold sweat after dreaming that they lost EL final
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information