Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 541

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

  1. #421

    Default

    Really, Pau? Wouldn't be just better retire with dignity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  2. #422
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,321
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Really, Pau? Wouldn't be just better retire with dignity?
    If he feels ok, why he should retire? Player with his IQ and skills could still be good in EL even at 40yo, you don't have to look for examples too far


  3. #423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    If he feels ok, why he should retire? Player with his IQ and skills could still be good in EL even at 40yo, you don't have to look for examples too far
    Yeah, but he wasn't doing well in NBA recently. When Sabas was coming back to Zalgiris, he still kinda could play in the NBA if he wanted it badly. Pau struggled with his NBA career for couple of years now even if he insisted on it. We'll see, but I'm sceptical on it now. I feel like Pau needs Barsa more now than Barsa needs Pau.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  4. #424
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,347
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    I have feeling that this could look good in the end. I cannot wait to see him receive ball at low post and looking over right shoulder and then characteristically hit the ball with right hand before doing magic

    This is good for Euroleague. I really think it is.

  5. #425
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,321
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yeah, but he wasn't doing well in NBA recently. When Sabas was coming back to Zalgiris, he still kinda could play in the NBA if he wanted it badly. Pau struggled with his NBA career for couple of years now even if he insisted on it. We'll see, but I'm sceptical on it now. I feel like Pau needs Barsa more now than Barsa needs Pau.
    I don't think NBA should be a criteria here. In Europe bball is different. Sabas also felt that if there'll be another NBA season - he might not be able to play for Zalgiris anymore as he promised and wanted to. His body wouldn't take it. If you remember Sabas even wanted to play another season for Z, but after pre-season he decided not to. I think only criteria is how healthy Pau is, cause his whole package for Europe (international game) is still amazing, one of the best ever and you don't have to rely on your physical state that much like in NBA. We don't know his condition, but I doubt he would go and try if he would not be ready. He is too experienced to not know his body language. So if he feels that he can play, I believe he will be just fine. I don't think we could see Sabas-like constant MVP performances, but if he feels he can do it - why not to


  6. #426
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,454
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I will just few things even great M.Jordan after playing baseball and comming after 18 months no basketball couldnt dominate.Needed 6 months to get back in basketball shape at age of 32.

    Pau Gasol last game played in 2019 March thats 23 months ago and plus he is comming after seriuos surgery at age of 40.

    L.Scola played basketball all the time (no breaks) and still couldnt play defence in euroleague at age of 39 last season.

    So Gasol comming after 2 years not playing and seriuos injury at age 40 will be able to switch in pikenroll defence?

    If he manages to do so and still look like seriuos euroleague big that would be european Lebron James beating father time example.

    My guess he is trying just to see can he get in some basketball shape before Olympics or not anymore.

  7. #427
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,862
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Pau is a legend but nevertheless people must know when to quit. He is damaging his legacy.

  8. #428
    Senior Member radallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,940
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Pau is a legend but nevertheless people must know when to quit. He is damaging his legacy.
    https://twitter.com/paugasol/status/...957550593?s=19
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

  9. #429
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,435
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Teams that I don't want to see winning it all this year:
    1) Efes
    2) Barcelona

    Though Barça is making a serious run for the top spot
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  10. #430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,862
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Teams that I don't want to see winning it all this year:
    1) Efes
    2) Barcelona

    Though Barça is making a serious run for the top spot
    Why not Efes?

  11. #431
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,435
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Why not Efes?
    1) The doping scandal during the finals and it being hushed
    2) Ataman
    3) My overall dislike for Efes

    I know it's subjective though
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  12. #432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,862
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    1) The doping scandal during the finals and it being hushed
    2) Ataman
    3) My overall dislike for Efes

    I know it's subjective though
    Oh I see. I am not judging you. I felt similar about Fenerbahce of the last years (general dislike) but I wouldnt go that far to say I was not happy about their EL win. OK, it was not like I was in heaven but its harsh to wish for me a Turkish team failure of success. Maybe because I am not really a fan of a team.

  13. #433
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Looks like he saw Toruko's post and decided he wasn't ready to return after all.

  14. #434
    Senior Member Gman365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    781
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Barcelona looks to be peaking right now ...Not only the Zalgiris game the other day but their defense looked dominant at the Copa last weekend.....

    I would be reluctant to mess with the chemistry they have right now if i were them.....
    Last edited by Gman365; 02-21-2021 at 07:23 AM.

  15. #435
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,347
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Maybe Pau is the most dominant player I have ever watched in a gym so I'm pretty personal about that one but I really don't think he cannot play against Kuzmić, Pleiss, Tavares and Lauvergne. No hard feelings but this is absurd. For 15min this guy is an absolute game changer. Pau never relied on power too much, he has no defensive 3 seconds and look at the mobile PFs around him in Barca
    If he joins this is a huge signing both for Barca and EL.

  16. #436
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,454
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Maybe Pau is the most dominant player I have ever watched in a gym so I'm pretty personal about that one but I really don't think he cannot play against Kuzmić, Pleiss, Tavares and Lauvergne. No hard feelings but this is absurd. For 15min this guy is an absolute game changer. Pau never relied on power too much, he has no defensive 3 seconds and look at the mobile PFs around him in Barca
    If he joins this is a huge signing both for Barca and EL.
    He can 1 vs 1 on one side of the floor Like 41 old Duncan was playing Pau himself in 2017 in Spurs trainings.

    But what happend with Scola last year in euroleague? teams were attacking him with pikenrool all the time .Same will happend here if that even true,because from Pau tweets its doesnt seem to me he is close to make his comeback. Its looking more like media shit than true.

    Move your legs at 40 after surgery against best euroleague guards is not a walk in the park

    At this age best you can do one game per week in weekends at acb,then 6 days for recovery. In 40 old manages to repeat that and not get hurt for a entire month,maybe than team could think trying him in euroleague.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 02-21-2021 at 09:31 AM.

  17. #437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,347
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Time will tell but I have to admit that I haven't seen so muc famous guard slashing after picks this year. Especially not from best ones. But we will see. I hope he signs.

  18. #438
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,321
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    He can 1 vs 1 on one side of the floor

    But what happend with Scola last year in euroleague? teams were attacking him with pikenrool all the time .Same will happend here if that even true,because from Pau tweets its doesnt seem to me he is close to make his comeback. Its looking more like media shit than true.

    Move your legs at 40 after surgery against best euroleague guards is not a walk in the park doing some rehab
    Scola actually started really good last season, when he arrived to Milan still in shape after World Cup. Milan was leading Euroleague, Scola was putting nice stats numbers and was among leaders in team. It lasted maybe till December, when naturally players from NTs are starting to decline physically. After that he didn't recover, no wonder for his age tho and busy summer. Anyway, Scola was great, but he is not Pau either. Pau is in the league of his own when it comes to international bball. At the end of the day, we have very little info in what kind of condition he is, he said few times that he feels kinda ok, that not health issues, but covid forced him to slow down his return, he couldn't undergo needed tests on evolution of his injury and etc. Journalist who spread this rumors is usually very reliable, so let's wait and see if he'll join Barca and answers our questions


  19. #439
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,454
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Time will tell but I have to admit that I haven't seen so muc famous guard slashing after picks this year. Especially not from best ones. But we will see. I hope he signs.
    is not about slashing,but when long 2m10 40 old men have to go up and defend 3pointer all the time thats kills him from stamina side,im not even talking about foul troubles.

    If it would be so easy playing as pro at 40 why only 5 or6 players every year does that from thousands of players ?

  20. #440
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,454
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Scola actually started really good last season, when he arrived to Milan still in shape after World Cup. Milan was leading Euroleague, Scola was putting nice stats numbers and was among leaders in team. It lasted maybe till December, when naturally players from NTs are starting to decline physically. After that he didn't recover, no wonder for his age tho and busy summer. Anyway, Scola was great, but he is not Pau either. Pau is in the league of his own when it comes to international bball. At the end of the day, we have very little info in what kind of condition he is, he said few times that he feels kinda ok, that not health issues, but covid forced him to slow down his return, he couldn't undergo needed tests on evolution of his injury and etc. Journalist who spread this rumors is usually very reliable, so let's wait and see if he'll join Barca and answers our questions
    Could tell me any example that player over 40 and not playing for few years comeback and showed he still can play ?

    If Pau could play you think he would waited for 2 years chilling? No something aint right with his health its obviuos.

    After one month at this age not playing you need alot of to time to comeback to shape.Not playing 2 years i dont believe its possible in professional level.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •