Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

TJ Bray signing for PAO but he can't play in the Euroleague, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Just saw the second half of their game in the ACB League...In the 4th quarter they had three different guys carrying the ball up the court on offense...One possession it was Causeur, the next was Abalde, and then Alocen after that....Seems like it's point guard by committee right now........We'll see how they look when April and the playoffs roll around.......And whether or not they're still a championship caliber team like they were before.......Gonna be tough without Facu and Randolph i think....
    Anything might happen in F4 if they'll make it, but they way things stands right now I don't consider them serious contenders. I think Barca will beat them in ACB too. Might be that Real just trying to give more opportunities to their big talent Alocen and the same newly signed Abalde in backcourt, there must be a reason why they paid 1.5mln buy-out for him, cause their local core is getting old (Llull, Rudy) and they needs some fresh blood like never before, so it could be that they are making some sacrifices here. Time will tell, maybe this tough period will change Laso and co minds

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    TJ Bray signing for PAO but he can't play in the Euroleague, yes?
    Yes, but read in Greek press that they are not seeing it as a problem. Probably he will replace Foster or Mack for local battles. Maybe PAO is also starting to think about next season as Bray should have an options in his deal (till 2023)

I liked Bray a lot in Vechta, he was a fucking beast. I really expected him to deliver in Munich. Think that could be a good signing for both sides, PAO and him.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I liked Bray a lot in Vechta, he was a fucking beast. I really expected him to deliver in Munich. Think that could be a good signing for both sides, PAO and him.
    Indeed, there were rumors about Zalgiris chasing him back in his Vechta days, so I used to watch him in that surprising Vechta's run to BBL semis. Very smart, versatile guard. I thought that he will deliver in Bayern either, but he had a really bad luck to get injured right before the start of 19/20 season and when it looked like he will miss just few weeks, it turned out to be few months, then all these changes in Bayern's coaching staff. Obviously he didn't suit Trinchieri's style too much, but he might be much more efficient under Kattash. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Anything might happen in F4 if they'll make it, but they way things stands right now I don't consider them serious contenders. I think Barca will beat them in ACB too. Might be that Real just trying to give more opportunities to their big talent Alocen and the same newly signed Abalde in backcourt, there must be a reason why they paid 1.5mln buy-out for him, cause their local core is getting old (Llull, Rudy) and they needs some fresh blood like never before, so it could be that they are making some sacrifices here. Time will tell, maybe this tough period will change Laso and co minds

Yes, but read in Greek press that they are not seeing it as a problem. Probably he will replace Foster or Mack for local battles. Maybe PAO is also starting to think about next season as Bray should have an options in his deal (till 2023)
    That makes sense. He had a good game against PAO last season so that might have helped put him on their radar.

Yeah good take.....Getting their young guys established will speed up the transition to a new young core.....Was always impressed with Abalde offensively and Alocen is very green...He needs experience.

Mantas Kalnietis is drawing interest from Panathinaikos.

https://twitter.com/Urbodo/status/1359121555272445953

PAO breaks all records for point guard signings this year I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Mantas Kalnietis is drawing interest from Panathinaikos.

https://twitter.com/Urbodo/status/1359121555272445953
    Loko are struggling a bit in the EuroCup so perhaps this move would be more tempting now than if they'd been contenders?

Loko are struggling a bit in the EuroCup so perhaps this move would be more tempting now than if they'd been contenders?
    Sources from PAO claims that there's no contacts between the sides. Hard to tell is it minds games or not, but for now it'd be not wise for Loko to let Kalnietis go, they still has chances to qualify to next round in Eurocup, everything is in their hands and for that they need all foreigners badly, basically there're only 8 foreign players with close to none help from locals. Without Kalnietis it would be very tough. When/if Loko will be eliminated, then it would be another story, they need only 6 foreigners for VTB

OFFICIAL - Michael Eric signs with CSKA.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    CSKA made an offer for Michael Eric of TT Ankara. It means a) Europe has a big big problem and second the season of CSKA is over.
    Its official now. He is a guy with zero touch around the rim and everything but not very versatile around the rim.

TT Ankara got 250k buyout.

Its official now. He is a guy with zero touch around the rim and everything but not very versatile around the rim.

TT Ankara got 250k buyout.
    Wow. That's a pretty large buyout. IIRC when CSKA signed Sant-Roos from AEK a year ago, it was for well under 100k.

Wow. That's a pretty large buyout. IIRC when CSKA signed Sant-Roos from AEK a year ago, it was for well under 100k.
    Afaik, they paid 500k to AEK back then.

I remember well.

https://www.agonasport.com/agonaspor...s-aek-for-cska

Afaik, they paid 500k to AEK back then.

I remember well.

https://www.agonasport.com/agonaspor...s-aek-for-cska
    Wow, you certainly do! I must have been thinking of another transfer. Perhaps also because CSKA released Sant-Roos is the summer, despite having paid that large buyout.

Lundberg gonna sign with CSKA.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Lundberg gonna sign with CSKA.
    Wondering what it could mean. James not going back soon or ever? Lundberg is pretty much type of scorer like Mike. Or just backcourt player to widen rotation... Anyway, if he really going to be signed right after Polish Cup, at least that's a good news for our NT, he shouldn't play in upcoming window

Wondering what it could mean. James not going back soon or ever? Lundberg is pretty much type of scorer like Mike. Or just backcourt player to widen rotation... Anyway, if he really going to be signed right after Polish Cup, at least that's a good news for our NT, he shouldn't play in upcoming window
    How much have you seen Lundberg play and how highly would you rate him? Apparently CSKA paid a 250k buyout, so this was an expensive week for them.

James and Lundberg at their first practice together:

I see some doubts about Lundberg here.. It remind me on discution about James when he came to CSKA. I was probably the only one here who supported that move. All big experts were saying how stupid decision it was by CSKA.

If I am coach and could bring 3 Larkins or 3 James in the team I would do that. It's better to have 3 great players and resolve ball sharing between them, then 3 morons who don't know what to do with the ball.

This doesn't mean I am sure that Lundberg is great player, I just think that James's presence isn't obstacle for him at all.

How much have you seen Lundberg play and how highly would you rate him? Apparently CSKA paid a 250k buyout, so this was an expensive week for them.

James and Lundberg at their first practice together:

250k for CSKA is not a big money, I think they can afford that without much problems. Regarding Lundberg is very hard to tell cause it's huge jump for him. He never had a chance to play for some mediocre EL club or at least some stronger VTB one. In VTB I've seen many such cases in smaller teams like Zielona Gora, Astana, Avtodor and similar, when players are dropping big stats, but can't do much in higher level. I don't remember any success story when these top scorers from smaller clubs ended up in EL clubs and had good career there. Maybe I'm missing someone, but can't think about such now. So anyway it's more of exception than trend. Lundberg also shined in Denmark NT shirt, but let's be honest, that was against Lithuanian B team, Czech mixed squad. He is great in that given level, being top gun in smaller team. But I have serious doubts if he will be big contributor or will take any spotlight from James. Moreover, as much as I know about Lundberg, he is different personality to Mike. He is leader on court, but is loved by his teammates. Not saying that Mike is hated by all, but I mean that everywhere you can hear about Iffe only good things - hard worker, nice person, you can easily spot that he is very devoted to his national team too, shows big heart represeting Denamrk, that also says smth that money is not top priority. But that can be little obstacle in organisation like CSKA where lot of alpha males are looking for ball. I can only wish him to succeed, but IMO odds are against him.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast