Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    Wouldn't call myself only Zalgiris fan. Im more a fan of the game. However Zalgiris usually snatch the most talented youngsters. But f.e. I saw more LKL games this season with Rytas, then Zalgiris, just because Im following Marciulionis.
    That's the attitude I understand. I can't watch a ball game where there's no smell of elite material or elite potential. Despite the fact BB is team sport, it's special individuals that brings magic for the whole phenomena as such. If there wasn't Marciulionis in this Rytas team, I would be far away from it. If there wouldn't be Jokubaitis in Zalgiris, I would had watched 30% lesser or not more EL games of theirs (maybe this season would be a bit of exception though cause Grigonis and Lekavicius messed around impressively at the start of the season). And I would better watch any elite basketball player than average Lithuanian any day.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      That's the attitude I understand. I can't watch a ball game where there's no smell of elite material or elite potential. Despite the fact BB is team sport, it's special individuals that brings magic for the whole phenomena as such.
      I'm not on the same page with you fellows on that score at all. Players come and go, but I stick with my favourite teams in any sport through thick and thin - barring some very major change such as the team moving or changing its name. And so long as I have a rooting interest, I can enjoy games at any level - second division, junior, university, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Yes, Žaliakalnis, the location of Club Venera which I've visited on a number iof occasions! That's certainly a good reason anyway to be a Žalgiris fan for life.

Funny how it goes sometimes . I avoided that place as a plague not as a destination , but as a location . Its never been safe to be around that area, unless it was you and you didn't know better! Long gone , i hope .
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
          Kedainiu Norfa
          Once more , i am lost . Is Norfa sort of Lidl for cheap shopping ?

Comment

I'm not on the same page with you fellows on that score at all. Players come and go, but I stick with my favourite teams in any sport through thick and thin - barring some very major change such as the team moving or changing its name. And so long as I have a rooting interest, I can enjoy games at any level - second division, junior, university, whatever.
            Honestly , that's like a nail on the head .
            Now I understand exactly why you have asked me that question .
            You like the team and the team only, not the players - me , and some other fellows here just fluctuate between different teams because of players we like and such ,since they come and go . Young, old , decent or bad . They represent interest for me as long as they are Lithuanians and i like them .
            Players are my
            rooting interest
            So if Alytus at some point will manage to gather enough players i like , i will root for them , why not.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
              You like the team and the team only, not the players....
              That is correct. While I may like some players more than others for idiosyncratic reasons, I stick with my team loyalties if and when the players switch teams.

Comment

That is correct. While I may like some players more than others for idiosyncratic reasons, I stick with my team loyalties if and when the players switch teams.

Look , do you realise that the meaning of the team for most of us is a singular and not plural ?
                Single team , single sport.
                I guess it is a hobby for you to go one from sport to another , one level in that to another . From local to international . Youth to senior . ETC.
                One team is Zalgiris .
                One team is team LT .
                One sport is basketball.
                That's all from me

Comment

To me there's nothing even close when it comes to watching basketball, specially FIBA. FIBA to me is pure magic, all these special summers. But when it comes to playing, I enjoy (or rather enjoyed) playing football equally as basketball and sometimes even more because essentially I play football better than basketball even though I practiced basketball since 8yo. Football went toe to toe in the the yard though. I do not watch football at all now however, except world championships, I watch couple of games and the finals. So, yeah, basketball is an idol, big time.

On other hand, it's easy to enjoy other sports. I enjoy watching Berankis sometimes, I would actually watch Lithuanian NT football team if they would have any f...idea how to play this game, but boy we suck so bad at it
                  And...look at Rose Namajunas kicking ass! My goodness. And what a story, Lithuanian parents girl born in Milwaukee, went through hardship as her father suffered from mental illness, she retained tight Lithuanian relationships with grandparents. And she's a star now, what a performance last night:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                    Look , do you realise that the meaning of the team for most of us is a singular and not plural ?
                    Single team , single sport.
                    I guess it is a hobby for you to go one from sport to another , one level in that to another . From local to international . Youth to senior . ETC.
                    One team is Zalgiris .
                    One team is team LT .
                    One sport is basketball.
                    That's all from me
                    Single team/club yes, in Europe that's more common fan culture, but single sport not so. Let alone Greece/Spain with clubs like Barca, Real, PAO with different sports sections, there are lot of basketball fans in LT who shares big passion for football especially and not necessary local clubs. But even Zalgiris now having football club under its wing, so after FBK times we finally have smth to cheer for. Personally not that huge supporter, but following the results, watch some games, especially since last season they've played in stadium easy to reach from my place with a bike, then have some beer with friends there. My real passion in football is Brazil NT since my childhood. Waiting for FIFA World Cups no less than some Eurobasket now

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Single team/club yes, in Europe that's more common fan culture, but single sport not so.
                      I would argue that sports as such is not that important for young people anymore.
                      Gaming , Youtube ,Netflix , Tik tok , snapchat etc , all this had overtaken sports as a main part of entertainment .
                      I don't expect my kids to understand why one like me would start reading newspaper from the end at sport's section because they don't even know what's newspaper is anymore .

I am for sure haven't read for a while as well .
                      As sad as it is .and that's coming from a person who have thought that some things are hereditary , this line ends with me .
                      Oh well
                      Not related to bb
                      My boy is Oxford boy. My daughter is York girl.
                      Seriously ,
                      that's what i wanted to say .
                      Last edited by auris1; 04-28-2021, 04:07 AM.

Comment

The Streak That Nobody Noticed is over. 4 days ago Janavicius made all 8 two-pointers against Pieno Zvaigzdes and in game before that he made all 7 against Cbet. Today he made first 3 before missing floater. That's 18 straight 2pointers.
                        Janavicius' 2pt shooting in last 7 games: 1/3 6/7 5/5 1/6 4/5 7/7 8/8 3/4. 34/42 81%
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

I've noticed that Žygimantas Janavičius has started to carry Neptūnas to victories. We'll see whether that continues into the playoffs.

The signing of Deividas Gailius also seemed to spark the club. It's as if the signing was an indication that the team management still cared enough about winning to spend a bit of money, and it had a positive impact on the team's play.

Comment

adding Gailius changed Neptunas season. From being shamefully last in standings after 4 straight win Neptunas is trying to put late rally in standings.

But still is hard to watch when 4 all timers veterans Gailius,Mazeika,Janavicius,Galdikas scores 55pts of 83 in win against Lietkabelis. Neptunas signed few prommising young players and after all these minutes they got this season helps very little now, those same veterans must carry team and doing that without foreigners.

Gailius,Mazeika,Galdikas was main Neptunas players like in 2012 today is 2021 thats not right.

Neptunas and Siauliai how they play now can make possible 1/4 series vs Lietkabelis and Juventus way more interesting than it looked all season long.
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 05-02-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                              Gailius,Mazeika,Galdikas was main Neptunas players like in 2012 today is 2021 thats not right.
                              And year later Jankunas Milaknis and Lekavicius started same not right thing in Zalgiris. Copycats!

Kinda sad Vasylius, Butkevicius and Girdziunas can't be here
                              Last edited by LuDux; 05-02-2021, 04:31 PM.
                              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                                And year later Jankunas Milaknis and Lekavicius started same not right thing in Zalgiris. Copycats!

Kinda said Vasylius, Butkevicius and Girdziunas can't be here
                                when u trying to look smart atleast check your data.

Lekavicius plays for main zalgiris team since 2014/2015 season.And he wasnt main player first few years.

And dont see Jankunas,Milaknis being main scorers for zalgiris in 2021 either as in my mentione examples.

So or u dont get my point or cant count pts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information