Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2020-21

i SINCERELY APOLOGIZE AND PROMISE TO TAKE MY JOKES MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY FROM NOW ON

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    i SINCERELY APOLOGIZE AND PROMISE TO TAKE MY JOKES MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY FROM NOW ON
    I forgive you

But next time i would rather see from u atleast one your own opinion not just do copycat of other members posts .

Its easier critique in joking manner others and look smart ass than make any of your own smart points.

Anyway, what's wrong with continuity?

[QUOTE=Shawshank;1415466]when u trying to look smart atleast check your data.

/QUOTE]
    I mean , LuDux is the data as far as i am concerned.

However , i get your point as well.

Remarkable ,as well , as one good player can make one team go from bad to contender for play offs . Its bloody amazing , for me ,that's for sure.
    I am pretty sure that if Gailius had chosen Alytus or Nevezys , they would have been contenders as well for top 8.
    Siauliai got decent team in the end as well ,but way too late
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    adding Gailius changed Neptunas season. From being shamefully last in standings after 4 straight win Neptunas is trying to put late rally in standings.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Remarkable ,as well , as one good player can make one team go from bad to contender for play offs . Its bloody amazing , for me ,that's for sure.
    I am pretty sure that if Gailius had chosen Alytus or Nevezys , they would have been contenders as well for top 8.

To be fair, Neptunas even with injuries they had were 5th around the time of Cup finals, one game behind Pasvalys. Then more injuries and difficult schedule brought them down to 9th place. So the team outside Gailius are not outsiders. And with Gailius back Neptunas in 5 first games won once, by 1 point, at home, against last place Nevezis.

I think second biggest reason behind improvement after Gailius was Slavinskas' move to PF. He replaced Metrikis and Stankevicius, who are good shooters in theory/practices but not very good in other aspects, while Slavinskas brings defense, rebounding, passing and slashing. So Gailius improved SF position and Slavinskas improved PF position.

Interesting observation. Deividas Gailius' numbers weren't necessarily very good in every game right from the start. But I've noticed that Žygimantas Janavičius' numbers really started to improve in the last few weeks. Is he being used differently or is it just the case that he's now completely healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    To be fair, Neptunas even with injuries they had were 5th around the time of Cup finals, one game behind Pasvalys. Then more injuries and difficult schedule brought them down to 9th place. So the team outside Gailius are not outsiders. And with Gailius back Neptunas in 5 first games won once, by 1 point, at home, against last place Nevezis.

I think second biggest reason behind improvement after Gailius was Slavinskas' move to PF. He replaced Metrikis and Stankevicius, who are good shooters in theory/practices but not very good in other aspects, while Slavinskas brings defense, rebounding, passing and slashing. So Gailius improved SF position and Slavinskas improved PF position.
    [QUOTE=Hepcat;1416061]Interesting observation. Deividas Gailius' numbers weren't necessarily very good in every game right from the start. But I've noticed that Žygimantas Janavičius' numbers really started to improve in the last few weeks. Is he being used differently or is it just the case that he's now completely healthy?

/QUOTE]
    Gosh , i fell bad i didn't watch the game today where Klaipeda beat Siauliai after 2 overtimes .
    But , lets just say that Gailius is a class act all along.
    Duly noted , Ludux , that they where 5th at some point and thats where they probably belonged bar some injuries and some bad luck .
    Griciunas /Giga / Galdikas is very , very decent front line for LKL .
    I personally did not pick up on Slavinskas move to PF . I thought Metrikis and Stankevicius were injured , mostly Metrikis for the long stretches of the season . For me , Dziugas is a utility player , where he can play whatever position he is needed at the moment .
    I remember commenting about his lack of grace in movement before, he will never be a lead in Swan lake , that is for sure , but hello ...

I still remember prior discussion on Basketnews podcast to whether or not lkl level has increase this season .
    For me , last month or so made me to think that at least 7 out of them 10 teams had managed to get their shit sorted out .
    Two teams nosed dived - Nevezys and Pasvalys. Zalgiris sort of just toying around anyways . But the rest . They have all made reasonable attempts to better themselves .

[QUOTE=auris1;1416421]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Interesting observation. Deividas Gailius' numbers weren't necessarily very good in every game right from the start. But I've noticed that Žygimantas Janavičius' numbers really started to improve in the last few weeks. Is he being used differently or is it just the case that he's now completely healthy?

/QUOTE]
    Gosh , i fell bad i didn't watch the game today where Klaipeda beat Siauliai after 2 overtimes .
    But , lets just say that Gailius is a class act all along.
    Duly noted , Ludux , that they where 5th at some point and thats where they probably belonged bar some injuries and some bad luck .
    Griciunas /Giga / Galdikas is very , very decent front line for LKL .
    I personally did not pick up on Slavinskas move to PF . I thought Metrikis and Stankevicius were injured , mostly Metrikis for the long stretches of the season . For me , Dziugas is a utility player , where he can play whatever position he is needed at the moment .
    I remember commenting about his lack of grace in movement before, he will never be a lead in Swan lake , that is for sure , but hello ...

I still remember prior discussion on Basketnews podcast to whether or not lkl level has increase this season .
    For me , last month or so made me to think that at least 7 out of them 10 teams had managed to get their shit sorted out .
    Two teams nosed dived - Nevezys and Pasvalys. Zalgiris sort of just toying around anyways . But the rest . They have all made reasonable attempts to better themselves .

Stankevicius played all games until Metrikis came back (missed 12 games, at least one of them for disciplinary reasons, mostly for back pain)

Meanwhile Nevezis wins Bad Luck Award

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    This is an interesting historical graphic compiled to 24 November 2020:

For Lukauskis it's possible to climb to top even this season, if its gonna be played fully. 27 games left, he plays in weak Siauliai where offense rules, so basically he needs 9ppg. Hard, but not impossible
    So Mindaugas Lukauskis did manage to get to the top before the end of the 2020-21 regular season by scoring 21 points in the final game against Nevėžis which left him with 5656 lifetime points at the end of the game.

I just hope the loss (against Rytas) doesn't end up dropping Juventus from third to fourth in the final LKL standings.
    So it did. The consolation may be that Juventus now gets to face CBet Prienai in the first round of the Playoffs instead of the suddenly tougher looking Neptūnas.

Ludux , amazing stats , i assume excel is your friend , not mine.

Stankevicius played all games until Metrikis came back (missed 12 games, at least one of them for disciplinary reasons, mostly for back pain)
    ..but , that's what i was saying anyways .

So Žygimantas Janavičius had a great game with 11 assists and a PER of 28 in 28:56 of play today but Neptūnas went down 94-93 in a heartbreaker against Lietkabelis.

Obligatory conspiracy theory:

So Mindaugas Lukauskis did manage to get to the top before the end of the 2020-21 regular season by scoring 21 points in the final game against Nevėžis which left him with 5656 lifetime points at the end of the game.
    I see that Lukauskis also leads in lifetime LKL games played, minutes played, assists and steals.

Rooney's legacy.... This young mustang will be ferocious once ripped physically. It was worth watching a blow out game for this dunk:

https://www.facebook.com/BasketNews....764699879/?t=0
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Poor Blazevic, he was planning to go to lottery and now he's not even on the bench. Disaster decision to go to Zalgiris, Along with Vasturia, huge victim of Saras' departure. He would be +20min guy in every single game of Rytas. BTW, Schiller is screwing things for NT a little bit, Grigonis is warn out, but he continues to play him as there's no tomorrow.

Rytas balling though. Zibenas really deserved the job for the next season. It's best Rytas in 5 years, IMO. Great chemistry, great hustle, playing up tempo, but disciplined BB. Zibenas made it. If Rytas wins second game, it's gonna be a sweep.

41 +/- by Jokubaitis tonight. Must be some sort of record.

Rytas is a rolling stone Lietkabelis was tougher and more eager to fight and at times it looked they can really dig into the game, but Rytas just too confident too good ATM. I think Goudelock was a killer tonight, carrying the team on his shoulders in tense minutes and finally killing the spirit of Lietkabelis. The only thing I didn't like that Zibenas limited Marciulionis minutes even if the kid again came strong to the game, generated +10pts in 8min. I understand him though, he's a young coach who just wants to grab a win in most safe way and I will say more, Zibenas one day might give credit to senior NT. That's right, if we have coach prospect in the country, that's Zibenas. The guy at the moment looks like a decent coach for Champions League level team and he's still very young 37yo. In upcoming 5 years he can develop into respected and tactically matured head coach and to grab NT wheel.

With that said, 19yo Marciulionis doesn't choke in LKL PO at all. He coped with semifinals pressure perfectly, he shot the ball horribly prior semis, but came out showed some guts nailing those in even more important games. He added a little bit of more muscle power and we starting to see explosive dunks which we didn't see at the beginning of season. He's better player now, but his minutes precisely kept under short leash. It will be hard decision for him cause he improving well in Vilnius, but, IMO, he should go to NCAA cause young and inexperienced Zibenas won't give him extra minute in advance.

Heh, it seems you have a new favorite in Zibenas You can even forgive him Marciulionis' benching, that's a lot of sacrifice from your side I remember how you criticized Adomaitis for benching some younger guys in semifinals vs Neptunas (?), grabbing a win in most safe way was no excuse at all, no matter how hard I tried to convince you with it
    Anyway, I still don't rate Zibenas as some coach with great potential. He has chances to prove me wrong, but now I'd bet he will stay on that average LKL level. Lately I found out that Rytas still pays salary to Kairys, so maybe keeping Zibenas for next season is reasonable choice as there's no money, but will he bring Rytas to next level? I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Heh, it seems you have a new favorite in Zibenas You can even forgive him Marciulionis' benching, that's a lot of sacrifice from your side I remember how you criticized Adomaitis for benching some younger guys in semifinals vs Neptunas (?), grabbing a win in most safe way was no excuse at all, no matter how hard I tried to convince you with it
    Anyway, I still don't rate Zibenas as some coach with great potential. He has chances to prove me wrong, but now I'd bet he will stay on that average LKL level. Lately I found out that Rytas still pays salary to Kairys, so maybe keeping Zibenas for next season is reasonable choice as there's no money, but will he bring Rytas to next level? I don't think so
    I guess I'm getting wiser
    We'll see, all I'm saying he did something really interesting and that doesn't happen with our coaches often. He's ATM handling Rytas better than Adomaitis did and Adomaitis did a decent job. The team not just experienced temporal emotional boost because of the coaches change, Zibenas managed to get the best of this roster for quite long time and consistently. Literally almost every player stepped up since then, the team is really fighting for him, even Goudelock is more engaged, fired up, not to mentioned that such guys as Bickauskis, Radzevicius reached completely different level. It's hard to say how far he can go, but he really handling this roster well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast