Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/2 upsets today

Comment

At least I predicted Zalgiris win correctly.

Comment

Kid's second MVP of the team and the hero of the game and Zalgiris actually snatches the win. Cool. Can't ask for more.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          People are very divided on him, he often had brutally strong teams and didn't lead them to a title. But this team and roster is an excellent base to work on.
          I understand that, but he has a championship , and all those playoff appearances show that he knows what it takes to win games at the highest level in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
            2/2 upsets today
            In the beginning of game in Tel Aviv it looked like 3/3, but Maccabi found their rhythm, and did win 80:73. It was tough game with both teams playing hard defence. It did show that it's only 3rd game for Maccabi this season and they were rusty. Zizic is having hard time adjusting to EL, with lots of turnovers but it's a bit early to draw conclusions, Bender played few seconds, so no impressions. Scotty was slow tonight, as well as Dorcy. Bryant was Ok, Hunter good, Caloiaro very good with 18 points, Jones was good as well, with 12 points and 7 assists. Highlights - Cohen dunking and Caloiaro's pass to Hunter turning into 3 pointer, as it fall into the basket. Worries - a)Zizic, b) whole team is a bit rusty, and there are no games in Israeli League right now, so no games until tough road game in Moscow, We"ll see, but win is a win.
            Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 10-02-2020, 01:59 AM.
            Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
              In the beginning of game in Tel Aviv it looked like 3/3, but Maccabi found their rhythm, and did win 80:73. It was tough game with both games playing hard defence. It did show that it's only 3rd game for Maccabi this season and they were rusty. Zizic is having hard time adjusting to EL, with lots of turnovers but it's a bit early to draw conclusions, Bender played few seconds, so no impressions. Scotty was slow tonight, as well as Dorcy. Bryant was Ok, Hunter good, Caloiaro very good with 18 points, Jones was good as well, with 12 points and 7 assists. Highlights - Cohen dunking and Caloiaro's pass to Hunter turning into 3 pointer, as it fall into the basket. Worries - a)Zizic, b) whole team is a bit rusty, and there are no games in Israeli League right now, so no games until tough road game in Moscow, We"ll see, but win is a win.
              sure mta played just three games this season and thats something actually crucial. i'm not worried of zizic. and bender. calo, same old story.l simply our best player in last 3 years. anyway we absolutely need diba soon

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                sure mta played just three games this season and thats something actually crucial. i'm not worried of zizic. and bender. calo, same old story.l simply our best player in last 3 years. anyway we absolutely need diba soon
                Today is one of rare cases, when I agree with you, tentatively - we do need second playmaker, since Alba in the fourth quarter tried to double-team Jones. Not sure Diba is one we need though- he never was pure PG, more undersized SG. This also can be solved, of course, when Scotty looses a bit of rust he has. Zoosman, which should be back very soon will also add to the team on both sides.
                More on Jones - I'm pleasantly surprized - he enjoys playmaking, and has very good middle range jumper shot. I think his plus/minus index was huge today, with him on the court Maccabi looked much much much better.
                Yannis did use this game as practice game a bit, trying different fives, but looks like the best one so far is Hunter/Caloiaro/Bryant/Wilbekin/Jones. I hope Amare comes back and Zussman/Diba. and may be Casspi (who knows...). I did miss Acy - offensive rebound of Alba was killing us.
                Alba has nice team, which played pretty tough defence, but on offensive side they mostly have 3 pointers, and not much else.
                Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Did you guys see that moment where Mirotic played the extra pass wide open to Calathes? I really laughed my ass off. Mike James raped the game today. Eyesore.

If Fenerbahce loses tomorrow all Turkish teams in European competitions will have lost the first week games. Fenerbahce has to save our pride...

Comment

Jo - ku - ba - i - tis. What a game, great win for Zalgiris!

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                      Did you guys see that moment where Mirotic played the extra pass wide open to Calathes? I really laughed my ass off. Mike James raped the game today. Eyesore.

If Fenerbahce loses tomorrow all Turkish teams in European competitions will have lost the first week games. Fenerbahce has to save our pride...
                      If we were playing a low tempo style as last year I'd be more worried but for some reason I feel confident for tomorrow's game. If we can match their intensity (which we should) I expect a good win.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Watching Spanoulis and Sloukas playing together is something else. Calathes is great fit for Barca. Barca is one of the few teams, who can pay that kind of money for the role player.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                          Watching Spanoulis and Sloukas playing together is something else. Calathes is great fit for Barca. Barca is one of the few teams, who can pay that kind of money for the role player.
                          Week 1... day 1... Bob straight in with a comment on Calathes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                            Week 1... day 1... Bob straight in with a comment on Calathes.
                            I gave him a compliment. 5 shots, a little bit of play making and a little bit of D. is just perfect for him. It's not his fault, he's getting 2 mio for that.
                            Last edited by Killer Bob; 10-02-2020, 06:54 AM.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                              If we were playing a low tempo style as last year I'd be more worried but for some reason I feel confident for tomorrow's game. If we can match their intensity (which we should) I expect a good win.
                              I expect a good game but comfort win of Fener. Both teams are still not settled and searching itselfs but Fener has much more individual quality. Besides all zvezda proved in preparation that we can be a defensively very good team. I like a lot what I've seen until now. It's a great check what we can and have to improve for us at first place.

Comment

I wanted Pangos in Fener as soon as he bacame free agent. He is one of the best players on that position, game changer and game winner. We never were interested in him which is big shame.
                                But, after all Brown is good solution too, I am optimist about him.

Efes lost the game against strong opponent. Zenit isn't weak team but very solid roster and mayby candidate for playoff. Ataman should forget that Tolga Gecim exists at all when El games are running. Giving the same playing time to him and Anderson is madness.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information