Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 1

I don't want to overreact but IS EFES OUT OF PLAYOFFS??? /s

Seriously though props to Zenit defense and Pangos. Efes seems a little out of rhythm early in the season.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Pangos has been really good.
    All team has. Excellent defense, perfect role management, two fantastic individual players in Pangos and KC Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    All team has. Excellent defense, perfect role management, two fantastic individual players in Pangos and KC Rivers.
    Xavi an underrated coach........Efes will be back just fine though....

It's the first game of the season, upsets happening every year. Out of all games this round, I was pretty sure that Zenit is the one who can take the dub being underdogs.

Not a bad game of Efes. Very good defense in the second half but couple marvelous 3 point shots of Pangos kept them alive. You cant play with Pleiss or Sanli for a long time without Larkin. Larkin punishes switches with his speed. I wonder why Dunston played just 20 minutes. The best big defender in Euroleague. Can defend rolling big man beautifuly, recovers greatly, strong enough to stand before any big.

The Turkish player were getting on my nerves. They are all trash. Just one sided guys that cant either deffend or score but last season they had started with a loss too. Not a big problem...

Except Saybir of course. He didnt play...

No Larkin no party.

I told you people in here Efes without Larkin is not a special team if they face with a decent Euroleague team. Zenit played well today with Pangos's performance but if you are a F4 candidate you still can't lose in your home with the exception of Real, Barça and CSKA.

Plus no one expected Efes to perform that good in the last season even with Larkin, this time they will treat Efes as a championship candidate team so it's much harder to keep winning by being in that position it's basically the same thing that Fenerbahçe has experienced in the last 4 years.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish Basketball League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague ---

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Xavi an underrated coach........Efes will be back just fine though....
    People are very divided on him, he often had brutally strong teams and didn't lead them to a title. But this team and roster is an excellent base to work on.

Kid's balling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Man, Jokubaitis has had such a fearless game today. Hopefully he keeps developing and doesn't try to go NBA soon.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Spanoulis fouls with 3 seconds left?
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

2/2 upsets today

At least I predicted Zalgiris win correctly.

Kid's second MVP of the team and the hero of the game and Zalgiris actually snatches the win. Cool. Can't ask for more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    People are very divided on him, he often had brutally strong teams and didn't lead them to a title. But this team and roster is an excellent base to work on.
    I understand that, but he has a championship , and all those playoff appearances show that he knows what it takes to win games at the highest level in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    2/2 upsets today
    In the beginning of game in Tel Aviv it looked like 3/3, but Maccabi found their rhythm, and did win 80:73. It was tough game with both teams playing hard defence. It did show that it's only 3rd game for Maccabi this season and they were rusty. Zizic is having hard time adjusting to EL, with lots of turnovers but it's a bit early to draw conclusions, Bender played few seconds, so no impressions. Scotty was slow tonight, as well as Dorcy. Bryant was Ok, Hunter good, Caloiaro very good with 18 points, Jones was good as well, with 12 points and 7 assists. Highlights - Cohen dunking and Caloiaro's pass to Hunter turning into 3 pointer, as it fall into the basket. Worries - a)Zizic, b) whole team is a bit rusty, and there are no games in Israeli League right now, so no games until tough road game in Moscow, We"ll see, but win is a win.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 10-02-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    In the beginning of game in Tel Aviv it looked like 3/3, but Maccabi found their rhythm, and did win 80:73. It was tough game with both games playing hard defence. It did show that it's only 3rd game for Maccabi this season and they were rusty. Zizic is having hard time adjusting to EL, with lots of turnovers but it's a bit early to draw conclusions, Bender played few seconds, so no impressions. Scotty was slow tonight, as well as Dorcy. Bryant was Ok, Hunter good, Caloiaro very good with 18 points, Jones was good as well, with 12 points and 7 assists. Highlights - Cohen dunking and Caloiaro's pass to Hunter turning into 3 pointer, as it fall into the basket. Worries - a)Zizic, b) whole team is a bit rusty, and there are no games in Israeli League right now, so no games until tough road game in Moscow, We"ll see, but win is a win.
    sure mta played just three games this season and thats something actually crucial. i'm not worried of zizic. and bender. calo, same old story.l simply our best player in last 3 years. anyway we absolutely need diba soon

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    sure mta played just three games this season and thats something actually crucial. i'm not worried of zizic. and bender. calo, same old story.l simply our best player in last 3 years. anyway we absolutely need diba soon
    Today is one of rare cases, when I agree with you, tentatively - we do need second playmaker, since Alba in the fourth quarter tried to double-team Jones. Not sure Diba is one we need though- he never was pure PG, more undersized SG. This also can be solved, of course, when Scotty looses a bit of rust he has. Zoosman, which should be back very soon will also add to the team on both sides.
    More on Jones - I'm pleasantly surprized - he enjoys playmaking, and has very good middle range jumper shot. I think his plus/minus index was huge today, with him on the court Maccabi looked much much much better.
    Yannis did use this game as practice game a bit, trying different fives, but looks like the best one so far is Hunter/Caloiaro/Bryant/Wilbekin/Jones. I hope Amare comes back and Zussman/Diba. and may be Casspi (who knows...). I did miss Acy - offensive rebound of Alba was killing us.
    Alba has nice team, which played pretty tough defence, but on offensive side they mostly have 3 pointers, and not much else.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Did you guys see that moment where Mirotic played the extra pass wide open to Calathes? I really laughed my ass off. Mike James raped the game today. Eyesore.

If Fenerbahce loses tomorrow all Turkish teams in European competitions will have lost the first week games. Fenerbahce has to save our pride...

Jo - ku - ba - i - tis. What a game, great win for Zalgiris!

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Did you guys see that moment where Mirotic played the extra pass wide open to Calathes? I really laughed my ass off. Mike James raped the game today. Eyesore.

If Fenerbahce loses tomorrow all Turkish teams in European competitions will have lost the first week games. Fenerbahce has to save our pride...
    If we were playing a low tempo style as last year I'd be more worried but for some reason I feel confident for tomorrow's game. If we can match their intensity (which we should) I expect a good win.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast