Fiba Basketball Champions League Final 8 - Athens 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
    So you think Burgos is goin back to back or what man ?
    I only saw a bit of Burgos' game earlier but they looked pretty solid. I'm sure Toruko will be able to say more about Karsiyaka, but to defeat Zaragoza is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      I only saw a bit of Burgos' game earlier but they looked pretty solid. I'm sure Toruko will be able to say more about Karsiyaka, but to defeat Zaragoza is pretty impressive.
      Yessir! Watched both games and also the quarter finals.

Karsiyaka is probably the best defensive team in the tournament or lets say one of the top defensive teams. Offensively, they are too dependent. Just Henry and Taylor use 70% of all balls and if you are able to lock them it can really get messy for Karsiyaka. They survived chockings in the games with their great defense though.

Another point to worry is Semih Erden. Wiley ate him alive today. He is not only slow as hell, he also lacks effort and Raymar Morgan was very tired today.

Its a 51% to 49% thing. I see Burgos slightly ahead of Karsiyaka because they have really experienced guys who are used to play final games in in the CL but it will be a dogfight for sure.

Comment

Burgos 6 for 26 with the 3 ball and still win the game......That's crazy....

Back to back it is man !!!

Comment

Burgos 6 for 26 with the 3 ball and still win the game......That's crazy....

Back to back it is man !!!
          Both teams scored under 30 points each in the first half! Pretty low scoring game but even with the score so close, always felt that Burgos looked secure.
          Like you say, big achievement to repeat as champions. Especially when we consider how AEK were finalists last year and ended up not even making the final 8 this time.

Comment

Both teams scored under 30 points each in the first half! Pretty low scoring game but even with the score so close, always felt that Burgos looked secure.
            Like you say, big achievement to repeat as champions. Especially when we consider how AEK were finalists last year and ended up not even making the final 8 this time.
            Well let's see what they can do in the ACB playoffs now...Looks like they're getting Tenerife in the first round...

Comment

Well let's see what they can do in the ACB playoffs now...Looks like they're getting Tenerife in the first round...
              How much ACB have you seen this season? And who would you choose from that matchup?

Comment

How much ACB have you seen this season? And who would you choose from that matchup?
                On a scale of 1 to 10 i would say i follow it at about a 6 this year.

I'll go Burgos 51-49.......Tough one to pick though.

You gonna watch the ACB playoffs ?

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 10 i would say i follow it at about a 6 this year.

I'll go Burgos 51-49.......Tough one to pick though.

You gonna watch the ACB playoffs ?
                  I just had a look at the ACB regular season standings. Very impressive season for Tenerife.
                  I don't watch too much of the domestic leagues atm, buw saw amount of Italian league when Eurosport showed the games the previous couple of seasons.
                  What other leagues have you been watching recently? IIRC you were checking out the New Zealand league last year?

Comment

I just had a look at the ACB regular season standings. Very impressive season for Tenerife.
                    I don't watch too much of the domestic leagues atm, buw saw amount of Italian league when Eurosport showed the games the previous couple of seasons.
                    What other leagues have you been watching recently? IIRC you were checking out the New Zealand league last year?
                    Just did the Euroleague and the Spain ACB this year....Didn't want to spread myself too thin betting and following too many leagues like i did in the past.......Haven't watched the NZ NBL so far this year....Really enjoyed it last year because it started right after the whole sports world was shut down for months......Really hit the spot at the time.....Fun, fast style of hoops but like i said , i'm through following a million leagues spreading myself too thin......
                    Last edited by Gman365; 05-11-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Just did the Euroleague and the Spain ACB this year....Didn't want to spread myself too thin betting and following too many leagues like i did in the past.......Haven't watched the NZ NBL so far this year....Really enjoyed it last year because it started right after the whole sports world was shut down for months......Really hit the spot at the time.....Fun, fast style of hoops but like i said , i'm through following a million leagues spreading myself too thin......
                      That makes a lot of sense. Better to focus on a couple of competitions and know them well.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense. Better to focus on a couple of competitions and know them well.
                        Two really tough losses for Sassari...They should of had both those games....

Not sure if you're paying attention or not but i've been checking it out at bit now that the Euroleague is pretty much done.....

Comment

Two really tough losses for Sassari...They should of had both those games....

Not sure if you're paying attention or not but i've been checking it out at bit now that the Euroleague is pretty much done.....
                          Just looked it up. Venezia are just a consistently strong team so not surprised to see them win, but you reckon Sassari looked stronger in these games?

Comment

Just looked it up. Venezia are just a consistently strong team so not surprised to see them win, but you reckon Sassari looked stronger in these games?
                            Yes...Very heartbreaking losses in the closing moments though....

Venezia shot 38 three balls in game one.....Now you know why De Raffaele is one of maccabeo's favorite coaches...Lol

Comment

Sassari with a 16 point 2nd half lead in game 5 and lose again.....They should of won all five games and end up losing the series....Crazy man....

I feel bad for them but in the end they gotta take some heat for not having the mental toughness to close out one of those road games........Still one of the most heartbreaking series losses that i've seen in recent memory though......

Comment

Sassari with a 16 point 2nd half lead in game 5 and lose again.....They should of won all five games and end up losing the series....Crazy man....

I feel bad for them but in the end they gotta take some heat for not having the mental toughness to close out one of those road games........Still one of the most heartbreaking series losses that i've seen in recent memory though......
                                That's pretty rough. Do you think Venezia have any chance vs Milan?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information