No announcement yet.

Euroleague Fantasy Challenge 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really liked the substitutions and I want the captain to remain. Other than that, I'm open to new things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
      Old format with high initial prices was perfect, because you was forced to start with average players. Teams were very different between players. No stars in first rounds. You needed approximately 10 rounds to build a good team. Another crucial difference was 10 players, it's not only about more players, which is important of course, but even more important, it makes much more difficult to change players in each round. Every injury being crucial for changing plans. Now you can have the best looking team every round.

I don't believe they will go to old format though. Interest of Euroleague is more popularity, easier game is much more user friendly for average player. I believe they changed the format because of that in first place. No one wants same winners every year.
      I see your point , this format is more random and allows for various winners each week
      However I believe it pushes away old users
      Personally I took a 2,5 year break, it was just not appealing

Also not having a clear price calculation formula doesn't have anything to do with new users appeal and is a big turn off

Comment

• Congrats to Mate. Looks like he won this round. I finished 4th so not to shabby. Vesely killed my chance to be number 1.
        Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
        2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
        Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
          Congrats to Mate. Looks like he won this round. I finished 4th so not to shabby. Vesely killed my chance to be number 1.
          I will be damned. 4th in EFC, but won the Fab Five this week. Looks like I will actually watch the games next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
            Congrats to Mate. Looks like he won this round. I finished 4th so not to shabby. Vesely killed my chance to be number 1.
            Thanks and congrats to you for winning Fab Five game round! You beat me for 2 points.
            NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
            Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
            If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Comment

• Originally posted by Mate_Kokicar View Post
              Thanks and congrats to you for winning Fab Five game round! You beat me for 2 points.
              Congrats.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Mate_Kokicar View Post
                That would have been something to win them both. I absolutely knew Erikson was going to go crazy.

Comment

• If anyone wants to play my private fantasy league 2021/22 with 2019 number 1, 2020 number 5, and 20+ more fantasy people, you can send me a message. There will be 3 categories - classic, best coach (best player of every round is the best coach and gets a point, the best in the end get all) and h2h league, which you will play if there is 36+ people, because we already have 18 people for h2h league 1. The entry is 5 euros per category, and if you are not playing best coach and h2h, its 10 euros for classic. All money goes to prizes. We have a facebook group where we post all results and memes jokes.

Comment

• EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• new game out

Play EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge for free. Create and manage a EuroLeague Fantasy Basketball team and challenge your friends! The new fantasy challenge arrived!

time for a new thread
                      EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• What a disappointment. I thought it couldn't be worse than what Aussies did but this new version with new format is likely the last nail in coffin called EFC. They basically copied format used by Italian website Dunkest that runs both NBA and EL fantasy games. This format is a soccer-like fantasy and miles away from real EL fantasy game. It requires way more time than previous one and not everyone can sit for hours in front of their PC/notebook/mobile phone to make subs etc. Also limiting users to only 3 teams is a joke.
                        Return of Javi (I heard he's the one responsible for the new edition of the game) should of meant return to old format and improvement. At least I thought that. Sadly I was wrong.
                        If they have at least kept FabFive games this season (both EL and EC)... Those were very simple but still very interesting and competitive.
                        On the other side this new EFC is garbage. I might quit this year after about 10 years of playing EFC. Sadly they've managed to screw it big time.
                        Last edited by Mate_Kokicar; 09-10-2021, 09:47 PM.
                        NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
                        Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
                        If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Comment

• Anyone played the dunkest game before? How will increase or decrease prices?

For example Hillard cost 10. So how many he must score to increase his value? There is maximum price control? Changes 10% or 15% values per matchday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantisss View Post
                            Anyone played the dunkest game before? How will increase or decrease prices?

For example Hillard cost 10. So how many he must score to increase his value? There is maximum price control? Changes 10% or 15% values per matchday?
                            not me. but I am disappointed not having a formula again. and, if I got it correctly, this year prices will vary even when the player will miss the game!! I also think I won't participate anymore... I don't have time time to manage my teams between the different days of the same round!

The only positive news I can spot.. is limiting the teams to 2 (3 from mid season).

And another nice one (for group of friends mostly) the "draft mode".
                            EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• The good

Draft mode. Those of us that play yahoo nba, know how good it is

Return of the bench and substitutions between days
                              Now at least you can do something if a player misses 2nd days much unexpectedly

Position changing capability

No more 10 teams per user

The bad

We still don't have a clear value calculation formula to use for long term strategy

Captain. I still believe that in Basketball Fantasy the impact of captain is way higher than that in Football Fantasy

Still undecided

Coach selection

Bench. It is a hybrid. It's not really a bench, you just get 50% of their score
                              I'd prefer a 10 man team, where 8 would count 100% and 2 in bench get nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by KeyserSoze View Post
                                The good

Draft mode. Those of us that play yahoo nba, know how good it is

Return of the bench and substitutions between days
                                Now at least you can do something if a player misses 2nd days much unexpectedly

Position changing capability

No more 10 teams per user

The bad

We still don't have a clear value calculation formula to use for long term strategy

Captain. I still believe that in Basketball Fantasy the impact of captain is way higher than that in Football Fantasy

Still undecided

Coach selection

Bench. It is a hybrid. It's not really a bench, you just get 50% of their score
                                I'd prefer a 10 man team, where 8 would count 100% and 2 in bench get nothing
                                It cannot be worse than previous. So that's +.

Substituting injured players is more or less useless. Injured player still get 0, bench player can get other 50%, but only if injured player played first day and bench player didn't play first day. With 3 changes is of course impossible to do much about, who plays first and who second day. Problems with injuries was always overblown anyway. With 6.000 points in the game, who really cares, if your substitution gets 5 or 10 points, few times in a season, when your starter is injured and you're lucky that that he plays in day 1 and his substitution in day 2.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information