Future Wing Men of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Jaime Malonzo seems to have already found his groove after some struggle in his first few games in the PBA. Guys, if for instance Malonzo is FIBA eligible & he can play for Gilas, what kind of impact do you he can make wearing Gilas uniform? At 25, Malonzo has not yet reach his peak, hence he's expected to improve further. I see Malonzo as not as skilled as a Danny Seigle, but he's athletic & has the size.

I see Kobe Paras making the same impact as Malonzo the moment Kobe enters the PBA. I think talent wise & athleticism wise, they're almost even & even size wise they're really even.
    Dude is an awesome finisher and I was surprised by his off ball activity. Like Oftana I hope he could still improve his handles.

Comment

Jaime Malonzo seems to have already found his groove after some struggle in his first few games in the PBA. Guys, if for instance Malonzo is FIBA eligible & he can play for Gilas, what kind of impact do you he can make wearing Gilas uniform? At 25, Malonzo has not yet reach his peak, hence he's expected to improve further. I see Malonzo as not as skilled as a Danny Seigle, but he's athletic & has the size.

I see Kobe Paras making the same impact as Malonzo the moment Kobe enters the PBA. I think talent wise & athleticism wise, they're almost even & even size wise they're really even.

Jaime Malonzo and Jaime Orme are one and the same right? He has been discussed in this forum from like 5-6 year ago. Maybe earlier. I think even way back then, he's tagged as one of the "Sayang" because of age and inability to get passport before 16, like 6'10 Hepa, 6'6 Chris David and 6'10 QMB, . Well, seeing what he is doing now, he really is sayang.

Jamie Orme (13) F - 2018-19 • SENIOR SEASON Started 26 games... averaged 8.3 points and 4.3 rebounds... two double-doubles... scored in double figures 14 times...

Comment

• I just hope that 16-year old 6-foot-6 Fil-am kid Caelum Harris will turn out to become a taller (hope he ends up around 6-foot-8) & more skilled version of Jaime Malonzo. Athleticism wise, I think Caelum Harris is projected to be within the same level as Malonzo. Yung overall skills (both offensively & defensively) na lang talaga yung crucial.

BTW, I just hope that if there would be a FIBA Asia U-16 tournament this year, baka naman SBP can look at the possibility of getting Caelum Harris to play for Batang Gilas in that tournament. Importante kasi na makapaglaro si Caelum for a Phi team in an official FIBA tournament as soon as possible. Kung pwede lang talaga. Mga ganitong klasing talent dapat pina prioritize ng SBP eh.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I think we can somehow compare Jaime Malonzo's game with that of a prime Kelly Williams. I think offensively, Malonzo is better, but in terms of defense & rebounding, I think Kelly is better.

Sa shooting kasi, mas may shooting si Malonzo kisa kay Williams eh.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• This vid is 2 years ago. Looks Good in Drills.6'10" seems exaggerated maybe 6'8"-6'9". Moves and built like a SF. Not given a break by the teams he played for maybe because they want him to be an old school big man aside from win now mode of coaches. Shooting form is Good. Maybe same age as Balti or younger. Why not make him a big SF project in Cadets. May not be ready soon but still relatively young. Baka break at exposure lang kailangan nito to gain more Basketball IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
              This vid is 2 years ago. Looks Good in Drills.6'10" seems exaggerated maybe 6'8"-6'9". Moves and built like a SF. Not given a break by the teams he played for maybe because they want him to be an old school big man aside from win now mode of coaches. Shooting form is Good. Maybe same age as Balti or younger. Why not make him a big SF project in Cadets. May not be ready soon but still relatively young. Baka break at exposure lang kailangan nito to gain more Basketball IQ.
              Where is he now?
              Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
                This vid is 2 years ago. Looks Good in Drills.6'10" seems exaggerated maybe 6'8"-6'9". Moves and built like a SF. Not given a break by the teams he played for maybe because they want him to be an old school big man aside from win now mode of coaches. Shooting form is Good. Maybe same age as Balti or younger. Why not make him a big SF project in Cadets. May not be ready soon but still relatively young. Baka break at exposure lang kailangan nito to gain more Basketball IQ.
                I was also hoping for a break from this guy a couple of years back. Mobile for his size, he could be trained as a stretch 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                  I was also hoping for a break from this guy a couple of years back. Mobile for his size, he could be trained as a stretch 4.
                  One thing that might hold down this guy would be the lack of exposure with decent level competition. It is said that the video was 2 yrs ago, I wonder how much improvement this guy has gotten since then?

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

One thing that might hold down this guy would be the lack of exposure with decent level competition. It is said that the video was 2 yrs ago, I wonder how much improvement this guy has gotten since then?

I hope I'm wrong.
                    Someone with that length and supposed skill set would be valuable. I wonder what's the reason he isn't getting good exposure? Is it because he just looks good on videos? Surely everyone would be all over this guy by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                      Is it because he just looks good on videos?
                      That's maybe the case or too weak to play on high-level basketball competition ala Mathew Aquino! By the way is there any news about the 6'3" 15yrs old Andrew Miller playing high school basketball in US. I hope sbp is in contact with him.
                      Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

Someone with that length and supposed skill set would be valuable. I wonder what's the reason he isn't getting good exposure? Is it because he just looks good on videos? Surely everyone would be all over this guy by now.
                        Demigaya's name has been mentioned here for years. and to be honest, I have not seen a video of him playing in any of the usual leagues in the country. im guessing people are just hyped because of height. same with the Pangalangan kid. i think there is a palarong pambansa vid of Pangalangan being properly boxed out by a way shorter defender.
                        WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                        SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                          Demigaya's name has been mentioned here for years. and to be honest, I have not seen a video of him playing in any of the usual leagues in the country. im guessing people are just hyped because of height. same with the Pangalangan kid. i think there is a palarong pambansa vid of Pangalangan being properly boxed out by a way shorter defender.
                          Probably is the case. I've seen the same names being mentioned again and again with no real follow up. Heck Pangalangan is supposed to be a 7 footer now. People are scouting all over the Philippines looking for talent and they missed these guys?

Comment

Probably is the case. I've seen the same names being mentioned again and again with no real follow up. Heck Pangalangan is supposed to be a 7 footer now. People are scouting all over the Philippines looking for talent and they missed these guys?
                            if we talk about height, no arguement, these kids have it. but if you say looking for talent, are we confident to say these kids have enought talent and upside? not being low, but a lot of fans seems to just get excited when they see height and dunks instead of seeing how well they play in actual games.
                            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              Pinoy coaches love giving Kobe playing time... as a PF.
                              Nothing wrong with playing a tall wing (in our context, 6'5"-6'6") as a PF, but that's only if that wing is played as a small-ball PF, ala Tatum or Crowder.

The problem here might be that if you're 6'5" above, you're developed to play like a traditional big, whether 4 or 5, stretch big or low-post guy, no matter if you have the speed and agility to play like a wing.

Comment

• I like Kobe's physique right now being lighter. I think this is the ideal body weight for him playing as a wing or small forward to be precise. I didn't like his physique when he played for Gilas in the 2nd window of Asia Cup qualifiers. Medyo bloated sya at that time. I've always wanted a lighter Kobe.

Though this is just one game & only his 1st game in Japan but it seems the hard work that he put in after that several months of skills training in the US is paying off. Good to see Kobe playing so well in this level of competition. Hope he can sustain it & would play with consistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information