Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Wing Men of Philippine Basketball

Default Future Wing Men of Philippine Basketball

I am not sure if there is already a thread about this.

But this thread is for potential future wing men of gilas or philippine basketball.

Luke Tobias 6'6 17 years old

Mason Amos 6'6 15 or 16 yrs old

Sebastian Reyes 6'6 16 yrs old

Lebron Lopez 6'5/6'6 17 yrs old

Kobe Paras 6'6 23 yrs old

Troy Rosario 6'7 28 yrs old

Any other potential Wings???

Can't we have 6'8 or taller Wings???

Mason showing great vision and read of the game. I would list him at 6'7, he's already 16
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Mason showing great vision and read of the game. I would list him at 6'7, he's already 16
    How do U envision Mason Amos, a 3 or a 4? Or a combo forward?

If he ends up standing at least as a legit 6-foot-8, he could be the best forward in his batch to play for Gilas.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Luke Tobias 6'6 17 years old

Mason Amos 6'6 15 or 16 yrs old

Sebastian Reyes 6'6 16 yrs old

Lebron Lopez 6'5/6'6 17 yrs old

Kobe Paras 6'6 23 yrs old

Troy Rosario 6'7 28 yrs old

Any other potential Wings???

Calvin Oftana - 6-foot-5 playing as a "four" with San Beda but has qualities of a natural 3.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken Troy Rosario's PBA measurement is only around 6-foot-5 & 1/2.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

That's somewhat too much to ask for bro at this moment.

Maybe some 7 to 10 years from now, we'll see some prospects like that looming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    How do U envision Mason Amos, a 3 or a 4? Or a combo forward?

If he ends up standing at least as a legit 6-foot-8, he could be the best forward in his batch to play for Gilas.
    Combo swing forward - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYroZNBxNcs&t=13s
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

How about Cholo Anonunevo and Anton Eusebio?
    お元気ですか?

Ineligibles, naturalized spot

Jaime Malonzo Orme 6'7(probably a passport holder)

Justin Brownlee 6'7 (for naturalization)

Chris McCullough 6'9 (for naturalization)

DJ Fenner 6'6 (may need to apply for a passport)

Ron Harper Jr. 6'6 (may need to apply for a passport)

Roosevelt Adams 6'5 (said to be a passport holder;questionable eligibility)

Jeremiah Gray 6'5 (may need to apply for a passport)

Kai Ballungay 6'7 (may need to apply for a passport)

Christian David 6'7 (may need to apply for a passport)

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Can Mason Amos be our Modern or Better Version of Danny Seigle???

I think he can play like Prime Danny S.

We needed a player like that for our national team

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    How about Cholo Anonunevo and Anton Eusebio?
    They are guards right???

I think we need to find legit Wings or Tall Small Forwards.

Can Mason Amos be our Modern or Better Version of Danny Seigle???

I think he can play like Prime Danny S.

We needed a player like that for our national team
    That's what I also have in mind.

But I'm thinking of a Danny Seigle version with decent defense.

That's what I also have in mind.

But I'm thinking of a Danny Seigle version with decent defense.
    Danny Seigle has decent bounce already when he was in high school.I saw one of his games and he could really jump already, although Mason is still very young, he should work on a bit of his vertical jump. the only comparison that is very obvious is that they are around the same height ,they are both playing the power forward position and they both could shoot on the perimeter. It's too early to tell what Mason could do, he will still develop his body and improve a lot. I just hope he'll play D1 College in the US.He could be the next Danny Seigle or the next Bojan Bogdanovic.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

I’m impressed with Mason Amos. Always good to have fundamentally sound players with high motor. He’s not quick nor slow, but his activity is always a plus to have on the floor. Slower Sean Anthony.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Danny Seigle has decent bounce already when he was in high school.I saw one of his games and he could really jump already, although Mason is still very young, he should work on a bit of his vertical jump. the only comparison that is very obvious is that they are around the same height ,they are both playing the power forward position and they both could shoot on the perimeter. It's too early to tell what Mason could do, he will still develop his body and improve a lot. I just hope he'll play D1 College in the US.He could be the next Danny Seigle or the next Bojan Bogdanovic.
    Well, the thing is, Mason Amos is athletic & I think he's athletic enough to get the job done. I don't think Mason really needs to match Seigle's leaping ability & bounce in order to be really effective for gilas. What Mason needs the most in my opinion is match (or perhaps come close to) Seigle's shooting & ball handling. It would even be better if Mason turns himself into a better wing defender than Seigle.

Honestly I'm not really that sold out on athleticism(not to say it isn't important). Skills & work ethic weigh more for me.

You guys are spot on , the things you're saying ( improve foot speed) continue to develop wing skills are exactly what I and Tab are encourage him to work on.
    I'm quite impressed with his mind for the game, when i first brought him , as a 14 year old I wasn't sure , then i saw how advance he was for a 14 year old in picking up things. Our coach who had a 12 year career in Euro league, gushed if he had the opportunity to coach him , he really would go far. ( his mind for the game isn't something you can teach) , kahit parang totoy yung behaviour (what do you expect he's just 14 or so , just turned 16) - tawa talaga ako sa reaction nya ( when i tell him to match up vs so and so who were like 4 or 5 years older than him, he literally was scared and wasn't sure and might get embarrased, i told him don't think about it, just play the game, no one is going to say you played bad , when they realize your just 14 years old.

Well, the thing is, Mason Amos is athletic & I think he's athletic enough to get the job done. I don't think Mason really needs to match Seigle's leaping ability & bounce in order to be really effective for gilas. What Mason needs the most in my opinion is match (or perhaps come close to) Seigle's shooting & ball handling. It would even be better if Mason turns himself into a better wing defender than Seigle.

Honestly I'm not really that sold out on athleticism(not to say it isn't important). Skills & work ethic weigh more for me.
    first, did not say he will not be successful.True, athleticism is not really the gauge of ones success,however athleticism can be a gauge for one's marketability in the draft and even with college teams. He doesn't need to be Zach Lavigne or Derrick Jones jr., but someone who is a 6'6 or a bit taller small forward, he needs somehow to play above the rim to compete against players his age. Even the most unathletic guys like Luis Scola can dunk. If Mason could dunk with ease,the better.That's all what I'm trying to say. It would be a shame to see a very angry breakaway two handed reverse lay up for someone who is 6'6 small forward.

That's somewhat too much to ask for bro at this moment.

Maybe some 7 to 10 years from now, we'll see some prospects like that looming on the horizon.
    Maybe in 2027 and 2031. We may have multiple nba players that time.

I hope we could have a Danilo Gallinari type of Tall Wing Player

Calvin Oftana - 6-foot-5 playing as a "four" with San Beda but has qualities of a natural 3.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken Troy Rosario's PBA measurement is only around 6-foot-5 & 1/2.
    Yeah forgot about him. Hope he grow a little taller. And still improves

Mason is a perfect example of a fil foreigner where there is commitment and effort from both sides to develop the player to potentially represent Gilas, it's just fair that the Philippines benefits from the time and effort to develop the player (even if he's still overseas like the Edu's) , it has to be a two way thing, the Amos and Edu's as well took the effort and made the commitment to the Philippines .
    It really does not make sense if a player does nothing to secure his future elgibility to represent the country and says i'm too busy on my Div 1 career with the hope of making the NBA , and maybe if i fail to make it big in the US , i'll run to the Philippines to help me with a FIBA and PBA pro career. that's just silly..

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast