Future Wing Men of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Wing Men of Philippine Basketball

I am not sure if there is already a thread about this.

But this thread is for potential future wing men of gilas or philippine basketball.

Luke Tobias 6'6 17 years old

Mason Amos 6'6 15 or 16 yrs old

Sebastian Reyes 6'6 16 yrs old

Lebron Lopez 6'5/6'6 17 yrs old

Kobe Paras 6'6 23 yrs old

Troy Rosario 6'7 28 yrs old

Any other potential Wings???

Can't we have 6'8 or taller Wings???

Comment

Mason showing great vision and read of the game. I would list him at 6'7, he's already 16
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        Mason showing great vision and read of the game. I would list him at 6'7, he's already 16
        How do U envision Mason Amos, a 3 or a 4? Or a combo forward?

If he ends up standing at least as a legit 6-foot-8, he could be the best forward in his batch to play for Gilas.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Luke Tobias 6'6 17 years old

Mason Amos 6'6 15 or 16 yrs old

Sebastian Reyes 6'6 16 yrs old

Lebron Lopez 6'5/6'6 17 yrs old

Kobe Paras 6'6 23 yrs old

Troy Rosario 6'7 28 yrs old

Any other potential Wings???

Calvin Oftana - 6-foot-5 playing as a "four" with San Beda but has qualities of a natural 3.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken Troy Rosario's PBA measurement is only around 6-foot-5 & 1/2.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

That's somewhat too much to ask for bro at this moment.

Maybe some 7 to 10 years from now, we'll see some prospects like that looming on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              How do U envision Mason Amos, a 3 or a 4? Or a combo forward?

If he ends up standing at least as a legit 6-foot-8, he could be the best forward in his batch to play for Gilas.
              Combo swing forward - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYroZNBxNcs&t=13s
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

How about Cholo Anonunevo and Anton Eusebio?
                お元気ですか?

Comment

Ineligibles, naturalized spot

Jaime Malonzo Orme 6'7(probably a passport holder)

Justin Brownlee 6'7 (for naturalization)

Chris McCullough 6'9 (for naturalization)

DJ Fenner 6'6 (may need to apply for a passport)

Ron Harper Jr. 6'6 (may need to apply for a passport)

Roosevelt Adams 6'5 (said to be a passport holder;questionable eligibility)

Jeremiah Gray 6'5 (may need to apply for a passport)

Kai Ballungay 6'7 (may need to apply for a passport)

Christian David 6'7 (may need to apply for a passport)

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Can Mason Amos be our Modern or Better Version of Danny Seigle???

I think he can play like Prime Danny S.

We needed a player like that for our national team

Comment

Originally posted by r1ck View Post
                      How about Cholo Anonunevo and Anton Eusebio?
                      They are guards right???

I think we need to find legit Wings or Tall Small Forwards.

Comment

Can Mason Amos be our Modern or Better Version of Danny Seigle???

I think he can play like Prime Danny S.

We needed a player like that for our national team
                        That's what I also have in mind.

But I'm thinking of a Danny Seigle version with decent defense.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          That's what I also have in mind.

But I'm thinking of a Danny Seigle version with decent defense.
                          Danny Seigle has decent bounce already when he was in high school.I saw one of his games and he could really jump already, although Mason is still very young, he should work on a bit of his vertical jump. the only comparison that is very obvious is that they are around the same height ,they are both playing the power forward position and they both could shoot on the perimeter. It's too early to tell what Mason could do, he will still develop his body and improve a lot. I just hope he'll play D1 College in the US.He could be the next Danny Seigle or the next Bojan Bogdanovic.
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I’m impressed with Mason Amos. Always good to have fundamentally sound players with high motor. He’s not quick nor slow, but his activity is always a plus to have on the floor. Slower Sean Anthony.
                            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              Danny Seigle has decent bounce already when he was in high school.I saw one of his games and he could really jump already, although Mason is still very young, he should work on a bit of his vertical jump. the only comparison that is very obvious is that they are around the same height ,they are both playing the power forward position and they both could shoot on the perimeter. It's too early to tell what Mason could do, he will still develop his body and improve a lot. I just hope he'll play D1 College in the US.He could be the next Danny Seigle or the next Bojan Bogdanovic.
                              Well, the thing is, Mason Amos is athletic & I think he's athletic enough to get the job done. I don't think Mason really needs to match Seigle's leaping ability & bounce in order to be really effective for gilas. What Mason needs the most in my opinion is match (or perhaps come close to) Seigle's shooting & ball handling. It would even be better if Mason turns himself into a better wing defender than Seigle.

Honestly I'm not really that sold out on athleticism(not to say it isn't important). Skills & work ethic weigh more for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information