Playoff talks 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff talks 2019/20

Since the first (boring) round ended as expected. I suppose we can start talking with the interesting matchups

Boston vs Toronto and Milwaukee vs Miami is set in the east.

We have to wait a bit more to be sure about the west.

Luka battles with Kawhi. Luka makes a great game but Kawhi is better.

Comment

Kawhi you monster! His 3 pointer shots dont fall but he reached his last season playoff shape. If he runs through it again he becomes a true goat candidate for me.

Western conference finals should be Lakers vs. Clippers and one of these teams should also win the ring. My heart is beating for the Clippers but I still have respect for AD and James.

Comment

Well, Dallas eliminated.
        Porzingis not playing really hit them hard since with him on the floor and Marjanović as a replacement on C, Rivers would be sort of forced to keep Zubac on the bench or at least use him a lot less/differently.
        I really like what I've seen from Zubac this series and of course, the comparison with Žižić from the days they were playing together for Cibona, comes to mind.
        Not that we should blame it all on Porzingis injury, but it kept me thinking about the lineups, the Zubac issue above and the fact that eventualy Morris/Montrezl would be forced to spend more time on court on Porzingis, in case he'd move to PF, Kawhi would have to change his defensive assignment and couldn't have been rested as much as it seemed to me it was the case, saving some energy for the offense.

Other than that, Trey Burke had a nice showing, even if I still believe Brunson was missed in the series.

Not an excuse, since Clippers missed Beverly and afterall, Noah as well... damn, they are really deep, versatile and able to play some really good defense switching on more occasions than 90% of other teams can afford to.

I watched some Denver games, Murray can save them some games, but Mitchel+Conley (+Clarkson) is imo the best looking guard line out there, currently. To the extent I would say they are a good PF away from being actual contenders.
        I like how MPJ is playing. Going from a concensus no.1 draft pick to a "might never play serious basketball due to his back issues" it's nice to see him going past those.

In the east I think all 4 remaining teams, Bucks, Miami, Toronto and Boston have a very simmilar chances to reach the finals. This will be real fun to watch!
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
          I watched some Denver games, Murray can save them some games, but Mitchel+Conley (+Clarkson) is imo the best looking guard line out there, currently. To the extent I would say they are a good PF away from being actual contenders.
          I like how MPJ is playing. Going from a concensus no.1 draft pick to a "might never play serious basketball due to his back issues" it's nice to see him going past those.
          I guess if Utah would have Bojan paying, they would have as many chance as anybody in the West to make it all the way to the finals. IMO, they only need to replace Ingles on the starting roster and then a couple of good role players coming from bench next to Clarkson and they'll be really good next season.

Comment

Bogdanović would be a big factor, definately, however I am not sure how well you can go without a SF/PF able to switch on both positions in todays NBA. I am talking alikes of Anunoby, Siakam, Morris. Gobert's effect camping down low is tremendous, but with the likes of Kawhi/Morris, Giannis/Lopez or Lebron/Davis someone has to switch on defense.

That also says a lot about what I think will about the Rockets chances.
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
              Bogdanović would be a big factor, definately, however I am not sure how well you can go without a SF/PF able to switch on both positions in todays NBA. I am talking alikes of Anunoby, Siakam, Morris. Gobert's effect camping down low is tremendous, but with the likes of Kawhi/Morris, Giannis/Lopez or Lebron/Davis someone has to switch on defense.

That also says a lot about what I think will about the Rockets chances.
              Yeah... I agree, but if they replace Ingles, it would obviously be for a biggish (6.7"/8") SF/PF because Ingles has good length... I guess given the (rough) financial situation, they should be careful in their additions for the following season, Gallinari could be interested on an affordable salary, but it could worth exploring giving Mirotic a call if he is willing to come back in the league, Grant could prove to be a good choice as well if they can beat Denver... I don't think that Denver will insist on Gerami if they disqualify from the 1st round.

Comment

So most interesting matchup in the second round (east) is about to start. Toronto vs Bucks.

Playoff basketball is a matchup game and one of the most interesting one is Giannis vs. Bam because Bam is one of the 4-5 guys in the league who can restrict Giannis by himself. He is strong enough to take him one on one and has fast legs and a good footwork and there is still a maniac named "James" Buttler who is gonna take Middleton and he will also come to help out against Giannis drives.

The problem of the Heat is that there is no all around franchise player. One the one side you have guys like Dragic, a dream offensively but a liability in the defense or you have good defenders but very restricted offensively.

I think there will be no easy game in this matchup. On a good shooting day it will be very difficult for the bucks because the heat can play also 4-5 outside but bucks will make it 4:2. It wont be easy but heat has not enough weapons to endanger the Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                  So most interesting matchup in the second round (east) is about to start. Toronto vs Bucks.
                  LOL

Tornto vs. Bucks? ...really?

Comment

In Gm7 I trust jazz veterans like Conley,Ingles more than I trust young Nuggets role players.Stars will shine,but you need in Gm7 role players give their impact too.

Gm6 Westbrook's makes crusial mistake in last minute, Paul was masterfull in last 3 minutes 3-3 .

Gm7 all the pressure is on Rockets, since Durant left Westbrook haven't won playoffs serries in 4 years just saying ... it would be irony if thunder finally would win playoffs serries againts Westbrook new team.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                      The problem of the Heat is that there is no all around franchise player. One the one side you have guys like Dragic, a dream offensively but a liability in the defense or you have good defenders but very restricted offensively.
                      That's true, but they are really deep this season. Almost Clippers-like deep.
                      They somehow managed to get Nunn, Herro and Robinson within the last 2 years. They might lack experience, but it seems like the Heat don't neccesarily need some extra star, or offense facilitator, since it's completely viable that either one of the mentioned above + Bam, Butler, Dragič can score 20 on a given night. Than there are Crowder and Iguadala providing some flexible defense and Olynyk is a unique combination of size/stretch/penetrate C.
                      Some consider a star doing his thing at the end of the game as an advantage. Surely Lebron or Kawhi are the surest bet when the game is on the line, but than again their response can also be more predictable. In my opinion in most cases these things even out at the end. Generaly I am a proponent of ball movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        In Gm7 I trust jazz veterans like Conley,Ingles more than I trust young Nuggets role players.Stars will shine,but you need in Gm7 role players give their impact too.

Gm6 Westbrook's makes crusial mistake in last minute, Paul was masterfull in last 3 minutes 3-3 .

Gm7 all the pressure is on Rockets, since Durant left Westbrook haven't won playoffs serries in 4 years just saying ... it would be irony if thunder finally would win playoffs serries againts Westbrook new team.
                        It could be CP3's revenge on the Rockets.

Comment

Great performance by Jokić! Almost took Denver by himself to the next round. And yeah, playing like that against Gobert isn't something to be taken for granted.
                          Now the Clippers. They should have troubles with Jokić, but than again without Barton Denver will have a tough job with Kawhi and Paul George.

Comment

What kind of reverse game was this? Lu Dort makes 30 points and is blocked by Harden in the game winning shot? Schröder misses easy layups at the rim, CP3 cant make floater. OKC loses in a game where Harden plays like cow shit. Schröder again with the worst decision making. Germany can forget about winning a single important game with him as decision maker.

Trade that asshole Gallinari. Game seven and his defensive effort is this? He deserves to be beaten up because of this shit. Harden turns from a lion to a kitty in important games. Steven Addams what kind of shit was this? I loved you like a son but now I must disown you. Kick that dumb ass out!

And one word about Westbrook. I really doubt that this guy has a brain.

Comment

Very very solid defense of Miami. Team defense was nearly perfect, rotation was great after Giannis played his bad timing passes but especially Jae Crowder defended splendidly, also Jimmy Buckets defended bigs very well. The wall against Giannis worked very well but the difference was made by offensive rebounds of Miami when Lopez was off the court. Bam Adebayo my MIP fought like a lion although he wasnt that present offensively.

Dragic had a great first half and defended intensely (within his possibilities)

About Giannis the same problem which was seen during the WC 19. He cant do a shit against a wall with the ball in his hands. He is a solid passer but his timing is pretty bad so his gravitation brings hardly an advantage. This is the difference between other superstars and him. He cant create a shit on the ball in crunch times. A mid ranger would help a lot but Giannis wont do much with this team. Its a dead end. Giving Middleton a max contract is a joke and Budenholzer is an idiot who cant come up with a secondary plan. Eric Spoelstra has the way worse job and he has been doing great.

I mean if you let a guy decide like Bledsoe what do you expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information