Is Kevin Durant stoppable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kevin Durant stoppable?

Kevin Durant is a 7. footer (yes Kevin Durant is 2.13m) who can handle the ball like a guard with a quick first step and decent explosiveness which makes him able to get to the rim anytime he wants. On his way its also nearly impossible or it is indeed impossible to contest his mid ranger which are taken leaned back. He also is one of the guys who could implement successfully Dirks one legged fade away jumper. On top of that he has one of the most 3 point shots in the whole NBA.

Its just, he has not only a center body but also a 7.3 wingspan who just need to lean back to create his own shot.

Just call names if you want who at least could restrict him. Not even Kawhi is able to disturb him and its the only guy

No great player can be stopped, but can be limited.
    Yes Durant can be limited. As most of his career in OKC, many teams were able to handle him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Kevin Durant is a 7. footer (yes Kevin Durant is 2.13m) who can handle the ball like a guard with a quick first step and decent explosiveness which makes him able to get to the rim anytime he wants. On his way its also nearly impossible or it is indeed impossible to contest his mid ranger which are taken leaned back. He also is one of the guys who could implement successfully Dirks one legged fade away jumper. On top of that he has one of the most 3 point shots in the whole NBA.

Its just, he has not only a center body but also a 7.3 wingspan who just need to lean back to create his own shot.

Just call names if you want who at least could restrict him. Not even Kawhi is able to disturb him and its the only guy

First of all, Durant is not 2.13 and you can easily tell that when he's standing next to legit centers who are 7 feet
      Second, he has a very thin and slender frame, which directly affects his durability and longevity in NBA, which is why precisely a shorter LeBron almost had no injuries for 17 years and Durant is still recovering from Achilles tear...no one really knows, what kind of a player he will come back as

Comment

If he retains athleticism and explosiveness, then - NO. If injury will cripple him a little bit - YES. Tracy McGrady comes to my mind, sort of a shorter version of Durant, and he was hooping as one of the scoring GOAT, but after injuries he just became absolute mediocrity. So we'll see. My projection is that he will be still good, but may half step lesser.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          First of all, Durant is not 2.13 and you can easily tell that when he's standing next to legit centers who are 7 feet
          Second, he has a very thin and slender frame, which directly affects his durability and longevity in NBA, which is why precisely a shorter LeBron almost had no injuries for 17 years and Durant is still recovering from Achilles tear...no one really knows, what kind of a player he will come back as
          https://www.slamonline.com/nba/kevin...s-7-feet-tall/

Comment

I was not talking about how he will come back. I was talking about how he was.

Comment

I guess the question should (or not) be "was KD stoppable?"... Well, lets see:

If you enjoyed this video, Subscribe for more videos/uploads to come.

Hmmm... is that on Giannis' rookie year? https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2014...111mov-3105924

LOL... That's a doual block on two different players (2nd is KD)! https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2013...116mov-3044671

Comment

Durant is 2.11, exactly as tall as Giannis.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
                  I guess the question should (or not) be "was KD stoppable?"... Well, lets see:

If you enjoyed this video, Subscribe for more videos/uploads to come.

Hmmm... is that on Giannis' rookie year? https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2014...111mov-3105924

LOL... That's a doual block on two different players (2nd is KD)! https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2013...116mov-3044671
                  I think its an insult to compare KD with Giannis.

Comment

I think its an insult to compare KD with Giannis.
                    Of course it's an insult for Giannis to compare him not only with KD, but with any SuperStar out there. No matter how good superstars are, Giannis is on a class of his own, simply the best basketball player in the world.

Comment

Of course it's an insult for Giannis to compare him not only with KD, but with any SuperStar out there. No matter how good superstars are, Giannis is on a class of his own, simply the best basketball player in the world.
                      hahahahahahahah

Comment

Obviously you have sort of bias to your countrymen. If he was Lebanese, I'll be no different than you.
                        But KD is well ahead of Giannis ( as career, not now)

Comment

Originally posted by Abou Lira Airlines View Post
                          Obviously you have sort of bias to your countrymen. If he was Lebanese, I'll be no different than you.
                          But KD is well ahead of Giannis ( as career, not now)
                          Of course KD has had a remarkable career up to now, which makes him stand out along with the rest of the elite players in the NBA (LBJ, Kawahi, Harden, Curry), whether this will continue in the future after a very serious injury and with age catching him, remains to be seen, but he was never in his career as good as Giannis is now and the question in the O/P refers to now, as it starts with "is KD..."

In any case, to his credit, KD himself has foresee that Giannis would surpass him, already 6 years ago and then he came back 3 years later with another statement claiming that "Giannis is the best player in the world and can be the best player ever" (that is 3 years ago - I repeat, KD's own sayings).

Kevin Durant 's fandom of Giannis Antetokounmpo has been well-documented over the past year, and the reigning NBA Finals MVP heaped more praise on the Milwaukee Bucks stud Friday...

Comment

hahahahahahahah
                            Ohhh... you laugh with KD's own sayings, aren't you?

Kevin Durant 's fandom of Giannis Antetokounmpo has been well-documented over the past year, and the reigning NBA Finals MVP heaped more praise on the Milwaukee Bucks stud Friday...

3 years ago:

"I like long, athletic guys," Durant said. "That's just who I am. The Greek Freak I think is a force, and I've never seen anything like him. And his ceiling is probably—he could end up being the best player to ever play if he really wanted to. That's pretty scary to think about. But he's by far my favorite player to watch."

4 years ago, after Giannis won MIP:

"Congrats on MIP, this dude is a specimen that we've never seen before and it's guaranteed that he will be an MVP one day!" Durant wrote. "In fact, I called out this years MVP years ago so you gotta respect my knowledge for the game lol."

6 years ago:

"Look at Giannis. Giannis Antetokounmpo, this guy is scary. He's more athletic than I am. He's longer than me. He's faster. He's going to be stronger than I am."

I guess the laugh has now frozen on your face.

Comment

Giannis is on a class of his own, simply the best basketball player in the world.
                              Nope. And such vulgar homerism is intolerable here. No-one will treat you seriously if you will continue. Giannis yet didn't do anything in PO that would allow to treat him as the best baller in the planet. Also the guy who can't shoot, can't be the best baller in the world. One never was in modern era (say since 80s) and specially these days, in the shooting NBA era, will never be. Unless Giannis would start shooting, I don't see him becoming best. And I don't see him starting shooting. Today, Leonard is the best because he has it all. Giannis doesn't have it all. And he's not a game closer per se, and the best baller should be extreme game closer as Jordan, Kobe, prime Lebron, Durant and now Leonard or Doncic is. Giannis will remain as borderline NO.1 dog, IMO. After Leonard there will be either Doncic, Taytum or Zion as No.1 dog in the league.
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information