No announcement yet.

Europeans in NBA playoffs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way lakers are playing, i am not sure anyone can stop them.

Comment

Tyron Lue frontrunner for Sixers head coach. Trust the process

Magic - Bucks 106-121

Antetokounmpo 34min 31/15/8/0/1, FG 14/21, 3P 1/5, 2TO, +20
      Ilyasova 7min, 5/0/0, FG 2/4, 3P 1/3, 0TO, +/-0
      Vucevic 38min, 31/11/7/0/2, FG 11/20, 3P 6/10, 1TO, -8
      Fournier 35min, 12/8/3/1/2, FG 4/14, 3P 3/9, 1TO, -5

MVP game of Giannis, All NBA Team performance by Vuch. Again Fournier not up to the task. One of the major reasons that Orlando can't make this series more interesting. (Besides Augustins poor performances since game 1).

Thunder - Rockets 117-114

Gallinari 29min, 9/3/0/1, FG 3/10, 3P 1/3, 2TO, -6
      Schröder 31min, 30/1/3, FG 10/16, 3P 4/7, 2TO, +11

Schröder great in last 2 games and finally balling like everyone expects. Out of nothing everything is totally open again.

Heat - Pacers 99-87

Dragic 35min, 23/5/3/1, FG 10/21, 3P 1/6, 2TO, +12

Goran Dragic is the best player of Miami and this series and it's a pleasure to watch this fantastic player in this playoffs. Miami plays great team basketball.

Trailblazers - Lakers 115-135

Nurkic 27min, 20/13/4/1, FG 7/10, 3P 0/1, 4TO, -28
      Hezonja 19min, 11/6/2/1, FG 4/6, 3P 2/2, 1TO, +7

Somehow I expected more resistance from Portland, yes their defense is bad but somehow their individual quality that has been shown in the bubble could have done more problems to the Lakers. Nurk solid again. He's a Top5 center in the NBA t this moment.

Comment

Imagine Doncic and Dragic would still unite. Slovenia most likely would still snatch the title of Eurobasket. That's what two truly great guards gives you with some additional help (Prepelic, Randolph).
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Yes, they would surely be a contender to win a title. I don't know if they would but if it wouldn't surprise anyone.

Btw, I heard some rumours that Slovenian federation wants to do everything to speak with Goran for Olympics.

Comment

Randolph isnt a part of the Slovenian NT anymore, they play with Jordan Morgan (not Randolph level) still a good guy, played 1 season with my team Bandirma. Eurobasket 17 had many many losses of player and was a fairly weak tournament. I think it wouldnt still be enough for the European top teams like (still Spain, Serbia, France etc) and teams with decent front - and back court would be a big problem. E.g. Latvia. etc.

Comment

Giannis DPOY. Great achievement.

Comment

OK, first game that Clippers were serious and the case is clear. Kawhi, I mean what a monster this guy is. Drafted as Lebron stopper but perfected his mid range jumper and his play making abilities in the last two years. There are a couple of guys who dont play seriously in the regular season but these guys are the true hyper stars. Kawhi is by far the best player in the world right now.

Comment

Nuggets Jazz 117-107

Gobert 43min, 11/12/2/0/1, FG 4/9, 3TO, -13
                  Jokic 43min, 31/6/4/0/1, FG 12/19, 3P 7/11, 2TO, +15

Monster game by Murray with 42 points and ridiculous, incredible baskets. Gobert couldn't do anything against Jokic, in this 5 games Jokic truly showed him his limits. Recovery after kick-outs that followed drives from Utah guards worked good in 2nd half (1st time in this series). 3-2. Thursday will be a great battle at good time, 10PM CET. Would be really cool if hoop fans could see a game 7 here. I think there would be war.

Clippers - Mavericks 154-111

Doncic 31min, 22/8/4/0/1, FG 6/17, 3P 1/6, 5TO, -23
                  Kleber 28min, 12/4/1/1/2, FG 4/6, 3P, 2/4, 0TO, -23
                  Marjanovic 17min, 5/3/1/0/1, FG 0/1, 3TO, -19
                  Zubac 23min, 9/7/2/1/2, FG 2/2, 1TO, +10

Mavs let this game down after bad first quarter. Noone of their strongest players played 30+min. Good decision. As Porzingod should be available for game 6 we will see a great game again. George had his first decent PO game since getting a Clipper - but in a game without defense and literally no serious basketball after 10min.
                  Last edited by Katastroika; 08-26-2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

The 360 layup of Murray was pure beauty. The duel Murray vs. Mitchell is something else and these serie in general is just entertainment. Gobert kicked Jokic ass inside the paint so he relocate his game even more outside of it and hit 7/11 threes as a counter-move. Well done, eventhough I doubt he is able to repeat that next game.

I have seen the first quarter and the first three minutes of the second one of Clippers - Mavericks and then went furious about me idiot staying up all night for that crap to bed. Dallas played like they would meet up with a tanking team. They have to learn to fight basketball in addition to play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
                      The 360 layup of Murray was pure beauty. The duel Murray vs. Mitchell is something else and these serie in general is just entertainment. Gobert kicked Jokic ass inside the paint so he relocate his game even more outside of it and hit 7/11 threes as a counter-move. Well done, eventhough I doubt he is able to repeat that next game.

I have seen the first quarter and the first three minutes of the second one of Clippers - Mavericks and then went furious about me idiot staying up all night for that crap to bed. Dallas played like they would meet up with a tanking team. They have to learn to fight basketball in addition to play basketball.
                      I disagree that Gobert kicked anybody's ass and especially not Jokic's in the paint.

This year Jokic when playing Gobert:

30p
                      28p
                      30p
                      29p
                      28p
                      15p
                      29p
                      31p

He destroyed Gobert literally in 7 out of 8 games. Jokic is a matchup nightmare for him and he spins like he's desorientated around the rim when Jokic is at the low post.
                      Yes, yesterday he had 2 offensive boards that were really out of hustle but Gobert looks pretty helpless by being posted up. Kicking ass I agree for game 3 where he really dominated but for all other this season (have seen all) I cannot agree.

Comment

It's not about points when we talking about guarding top 20 star NBA players.They will score either way,because entire teams offence is built on those few guys.

It's about making NBA star life hard and shot lower pergentage than usual.The best NBA defenders can't stop superstar from scoring 20pts if superstar attempts atleast 16+shots.

Im talking here not about Jokic vs Gobert, I'm talking about defending NBA star's overall.

Superstar can average 25pts per game,but of he shoots under 40% defender did fantastic job guarding star player.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                          It's not about points when we talking about guarding top 20 star NBA players.They will score either way,because entire teams offence is built on those few guys.

It's about making NBA star life hard and shot lower pergentage than usual.The best NBA defenders can't stop superstar from scoring 20pts if superstar attempts atleast 16+shots.

Im talking here not about Jokic vs Gobert, I'm talking about defending NBA star's overall.

Superstar can average 25pts per game,but of he shoots under 40% defender did fantastic job guarding star player.
                          Yeah, I am speaking about the same thing like you.

When you have 52% FG, 47% for 3 and 5 assists while scoring 26.4 in average during 5 games of a series noone can tell me that you have been shut down (TS% of Jokic vs Gobert is at 63%!). It's not even the stats, it's the conception of the game. In my opinion Jokic is even used 10 shots less than he should because Gobert can't defend literally anything. There are players Jokic struggles with, Davies is the best example, but Gobert is regularly filled by Jokic from in- and outside.
                          Last edited by Katastroika; 08-26-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                            I disagree that Gobert kicked anybody's ass and especially not Jokic's in the paint.

This year Jokic when playing Gobert:

30p
                            28p
                            30p
                            29p
                            28p
                            15p
                            29p
                            31p

He destroyed Gobert literally in 7 out of 8 games. Jokic is a matchup nightmare for him and he spins like he's desorientated around the rim when Jokic is at the low post.
                            Yes, yesterday he had 2 offensive boards that were really out of hustle but Gobert looks pretty helpless by being posted up. Kicking ass I agree for game 3 where he really dominated but for all other this season (have seen all) I cannot agree.
                            I wrote a long answer, but was again automatically logged out. So, here is the short version. You might be right overall. But don´t you think Gobert has a huge influence on Jokic´s game in this duel? Jokic is shooting 3,7 more threes per game in comparison to the regular season and I am more than convinced his frequency of shots out of the midrange increased in a similar way. Plus he shoots lees free throws (-0,7) - four in total in the last three games - has less rebounds and assists. Thats a bit unusual as his playing time went up and most likely he has also a higher usage rate. I have only seen two full games of the series and in addition the MLG-Highlights, so you might have a more accurate perspective. But I considered an adjustment of Jokic´s game due the inside presence of Gobert. This might be also a consequence of a pretty decent Jazz team, but I see some correlation with Gobert closing the paint. Again, I might been wrong and for sure I used some overestimation up there.

Comment

Thanks for explaining, I get you. Of course you are right that he must adapt. He is the primary focus of their defense. He cannot run to to the paint and float without trouble like in the regular season.

Personally I think there are two things that are crucial - Jokic is constantly double teamed if he comes from his strong side left of the basket (flat screen and receiving ball at high post - he learned that from game one and isn't even posting up from there, he automatically shoots from spinning) and if he starts pounding Gobert. This action you have seen surely a lot of times by watching Denver. Denver uses this "primitive" sets when they need points usually because it works every time and Jokic is automatic from there. From the right there isn't as much help because it's his weaker side but he scores constantly. I have the feeling that Utah gambles on that one and this could change in the next game. That's why it is so crucial that at least someone of Denver starts hitting something from outside without name Murray/Jokic.

Second is Jokic has to take this three point shots because noone from Denver can hit anything in this series except Murray and without 15 hit threes minimum you cannot even try to compete with them as they are shooting the lights out He forces. And he has to unfortunately. It's not his nature to force. I think he doesn't even feel comfortable with shooting 10-12 threes per game. The paranoic thing is that Utah closes out strong on that and he hits that shot stronger than in regular season even shooting it in higher volume. Maybe statistical enigma, maybe concentration, maybe good player, whatever. But I think Snyder is not happy about that one. This will change, too. But if you close out extreme on him Gobert cannot defend him 1 on 1 on the perimeter if he puts the ball down and if the team cuts they are getting very difficult to defend then. So yeah, camping inside from Gobert is surely strategy out of multiple reasons. We will see in a few days if it helped.

Free throws is a special thing, I never mention refs and won't do it in this case also. Some people can be hand checked, some not. It's NBA and this will be like it forever. Generally it is a great match up of two total different philosophies and I hope that next match will be as existing again.

Comment

Its not a surprise that the best rim protector and deflector of the NBA restricts Jokic. Gobert has influences on the game that dont touch any stats. Just being under the rim makes the opponents turn around so if not Gobert who else can restrict other bigs? Jokic had a good game, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information