Theis 25min, 9/3/3, FG 4/9, 3P 1/5, 0TO, +11
    Kanter 8min, 0/4/3, FG 0/3, 1TO, -1

Clippers - Mavericks 118-110

Doncic 38min, 42/7/9/3, FG 13/21, 3P 2/6, 11TO, -14
    Kleber 33min, 3/6/1, FG 1/5, 3P 1/5, 3TO, -20
    Porzingis, 19min, 14/6/1, FG3/9, 3P 1/4, 0TO, -6
    Marjanovc, 12min, 2/8/1, FG 1/2, 0TO, +5
    Zubac 22min, 10/10/1, FG 5/9, 0TO, +17

Good games of Luka, Joka, Zu, Gobert, Luwawu and Ibaka. Our guys can anyways do definitely better! Today MVP, Dragic, Schröder, Galo, Bitadze, Vuch, Fournier, Hez, etc. etc. on the ride. Let's go Europe!

PS: If anyone dares to support me to update this site I would be grateful
    If Admins consider this thread unnecessary they can of course delete it.

Good thread. Porzingis has to step up and together with Doncic to have a monster offensive game to defeat Cilippers. I like both teams, but Mavs favourite now in the NBA. Luwawu drops 26 points in a play offs games, that's pretty nice. He hasn't played yet for the France NT, I hope we'll see him play soon. It's pity Liths won't get a chance to see Sabonis in PO.

We are witnessing something incredible now with Doncic. P. Beverly is probably the most irritating on ball guard defender in the league and he can't do a single thing on Doncic, zero. IMO, Doncic may be already at consideration for the GOAT Euro in the NBA. Only prime Dirk is there and maybe he still should have an edge, but the way Doncic is slicing NBA D now and does everything IN and OUT, we never seen anything like that. Too big, too skilled, too crafty:

PS: And seems like refs screwed that first Mavs Clippers game. Wow, we can't get a ball game without scrubby refs these days. 2019 WC, now even NBA PO sucking.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 08-18-2020, 09:00 AM.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good to read you in this thread, bro.

I agree. Luka is something else, something special. And although I didn't see the game yesterday complete I read (and saw on youtube) that 2nd tech to Porzingis was very hard. On the other hard Kristaps has to be more patient in this situations, as you mentioned, they need him like bread. I read in Serbian forums that Kawhi couldn't do anything in 1 on 1 defense against Luka. Doncic is really on the way to get the best of our players of all time.

Comment

Maybe a bit streaky but TLC (Timothe Luwawu - Cabarrot) shows tremendous performances in last three games while he has been truly unleashed with starting role. 26, 19, 24 point games. 25yo shooting guard who should be a solid bench SG for probably any team in the NBA.

I would probably make a case to say that today Fournier, de Colo, TLC, Ntilikina is the best Euro NT backcourt. And France has 2 PG prodigy youngsters in Hayes and Maledon. Interesting how they will utilise this in upcoming 5 years.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Luwawu was very good in ABA and showed clear potential to be a volume scorer. He played in a great team with Zagorac and Jaramaz and they really looked tremendous, made it even to ABA finals. He has a big potential, but he is still way too soft. And like most of French players a "good guy". He has to develop some killer instinct but he is one of the Euro winners of the lockdown for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            Luwawu was very good in ABA and showed clear potential to be a volume scorer. He played in a great team with Zagorac and Jaramaz and they really looked tremendous, made it even to ABA finals. He has a big potential, but he is still way too soft. And like most of French players a "good guy". He has to develop some killer instinct but he is one of the Euro winners of the lockdown for sure.
            Good insights. I hope to see him with NT jerseys in OG.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I am very very very angry. Won all games and lost because of the bucks 100 euros against this Orlando lmao.

And they try to win a title with this one trick pony Giannis who cant do anything except running at the rim like a headless chicken and he even made the bucks give this fishy looking average Middleton a max contract. This team can never win a title not in 100 years.

I hope Antetokounmpo leaves the bucks then bucks will sit on a max contract given to Middleton hahahahahah

Comment

Bucks - Magic 122-110

Vucevic 36min, 35/14/4/1, FG 15/24, 3P 5/8, 5TO, +14
                Fournier 35min, 9/3/5, , FG 3/8, 3P 3/8, 3TO, +9
                Antetokounmpo 31/17/7/, FG 12/25, 3P 3/7, 5TO, -9

Fantastic and perfect game of Vucevic on both ends, very clever box out vs. Giannis, important baskets, perfect game - simple as that.
                Fournier played a bad game until 4th quarter, but didn't force, hit very important 3 3s in a row to seal the win.
                Giannis besides very good stat line looked nervous and couldn't find his rhythm. Besides all a very good overall game. It hurts how much space Orlando is giving him for shooting at set peaces, especially in close situations resultwise. Generally this was a very bad game of all Bucks team and Giannis isn't to blame for this loss. Lack of effort and underestimation in my opinion. They will get out aggressive in the 2nd game for sure. This series could be interesting, though. Fultz and Augustin look very good and concentrated.

Pacers - Heat 101-113

Dragic 24min, 24/6/5/1, FG 9/19, 3P 4/9, 1TO, +20

Fantastic game of Dragic. The old Dragon back again. I enjoyed it a lot. This series will be decided by much better bench of Heat in my opinion. Domantas is missed badly for Pacers, if they have lost Oladipo longer I see max. 6 games here. The beef between Warren and Butler is fantastic to see.

Rockets - Thunder 123-108

Gallinari 33min, 29/3/3, FG 9/17, 3P 2/5, 1TO, -11
                Schröder 31min, 6/0/4, FG 3/12, 3P 0/5, 2TO, -19

Haven't watched but statswise great game of Galo and again choking in important games of Dennis. Like often unfortunately.

Lakers - Trailblazers 93-110

Nurkic 33min, 16/15/3, FG 4/11, 3P 1/2, 3TO, +7
                Hezonja 12min, 2/2/2/1, FG 0/2, 3P 0/2, 0TO, -12

Upset of the day of a great Portland team with again DD of Nurk. This series will be very interesting to follow.

Comment

nice thread Katastroika !

nba playoofs is real indicator who is who. Those europeans that plays well in playoofs are real deal.

its hard to rank players like Nurkic or Vucevic in todays best european players list,but their play and consistent numbers dont lie.

Dragic still got something left in his tank.

Never was Schroder fan,sure he can win some game,but the next day he will lose you one also if he is your nr 1 player in NT.He is american style mindset player that everything ends with 1 vs 1.
                  Last edited by Shawshank; 08-19-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Good morning from northern Belgrade. I look like a zombie in the office after watching all 4 yesterday. I suppose many of you look the same.

Raptors - Nets 104-99

Luwawu-Cabarot 35min, 17/2/0/1, 6/15 FG, 3/10 3P, 3TO, +3
                    Kurucs 15min, 2/2/0, 1/4 FG, 0/3 3P, 1TO, -18
                    Gasol 17min, 0/4/2, 0/2 FG, 0/1 3P, 3TO, -13
                    Ibaka, 25min, 8/6/1, 3/9FG, 0/4 3P, 0TO, +18

Solid game from Timmy Luwawu again, close game at the end but feeling was never there that Raptors could let this go. Their main trio VanVleet, Lowry and Siakam did enouogh to secure the decision of the series with 2-0. Raptors still at low fuel mode. They will be very difficult to play. Experienced, disciplined, well coached, great role management.

Nuggets - Jazz 105-124

Gobert 34min, 19/7/3/0/2, 7/10FG, 1TO, +24
                    Jokic 31min, 28/11/6, FG 10/21, 1/2 3P, 2TO, -23

Total collapse of Denver late in the 2nd quarter and double-teaming Mitchell whole half from Denver which left Niang, Clarkson, O'Neal and Ingles wide open at every set decided the game. The duel of two of the offensively and defensively best NBA centers ended in a win for Gobert even though Jokic again with HOF stats for playoffs, Gobert after being dropped 11 from Jokic in 1st half, consolidated and did a good job from 2nd quarter and ongoing. For Denver it will e crucial that one of two MPJ or Murray delivers regularly in this series, otherwise they will face huge problems. Conley returns next game. Looks like this one could go down to the wire.

Celtics - 76ers 128-101

Korkmaz 15min, 3/1/2, 0/3 FG, 1TO, -7
                    Theis 12min, 2/3/1, 1/5 FG, 0TO, +1
                    Kanter 21min, 10/9/1, 4/7FG, 1/1 3P, 0TO, +24

Routine win of Celtics. One one hand Embiid played a very good game statswise, on other hand they again got outhustled and outcoached. Boston is a machine that can be very dangerous for all this year. Mark my words.

Clippers - Mavericks 114-127

Porzingis 36min, 23/7/0, 7/13 FG, 3/4 3P, 2TO, +1
                    Kleber 32min, 4/10/3, 2/5FG, 0/2 3P, 0TO, +14
                    Doncic 28min, 28/8/7, 8/17 FG, 4/7 3P, 1TO (!), +11
                    Marjanovic 9min, 13/9/1, 6/8FG, 0TO, +12
                    Zubac 18min, 3/4/0, 1/2 FG, 0TO, -4
                    Noah 1min, 0/0/0, 0TO, +2

How not to love this Dallas Mavericks team? This Doncic and the unicorn are an epic duo straight away. Good game of Kawhi, bad game of George and it proved again that they need them both if it's getting close in order to win. This series will be so fun to watch. My zvezda man Bobi M. had a very good role and is finally used in Dallas the way he should have been all this years.

Comment

Luka is unguardable 1 vs 1.I dont care who you are,you will need help to guard that greatness. That what series versus Clippers are telling us.

Mavs had best european player from 1999-2019 with Dirk.

From 2018- they updated with Luka

That kid had such phenomenal tallent and such joy for game of basketball its impossible not become his fan.

Comment

It's good that Doncic is Slovenian Imagine he's from Spain, Serbia, France, Lithuania. There would zero intrigue of Eurobaskets this decade

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well I watched the game too and it was probably the best first half of Doncics NBA career. I think projected to the future he is the best European player of all time, not much doubt about it.

Its really interesting. He is neither explosive nor fast but similar to CP3 he has his own playstyle. I never saw it coming that he would improve his ball handling skills so fast, combined with his passing abilities and the usage of his body he has really no limit what he can do on the court. This is his good side.

His bad side is there is no defense of him unless rebounding and some 3 point shot selections are horrible which is one of the reasons why Dallas fails in clutch moments. He has some shooting gravity but shooting is also his problem point. Play style reminds me of a mix of Lebron and Harden.

To the games against the Clippers. I am very curious when Kawhi takes him over and the cant use his physical advantages anymore. Doc Rivers wanted to safe Kawhi for the further playoff games but I am sure Kawhi will take over soon. I would never say he will lock up Doncics ass entirely but he surely can restrict him massively.

Outcome: Clippers team came together a couple days ago and they surely didnt go all out against the Mavericks. Despite George playing so poorly Clippers were always in touch. Dallas wont overperform and Clippers wont underperform like that anymore. Maybe Dallas can take another game but i am more for a 4:1.

Comment

55 threes released by Rockets. Thunder is crappy coached, but even so it's amazing how Adams a huge lumberjack is a little threat to inside naked Rockets. It's a bit annoying, but Rockets analytics basketball is working. Their spacing is amazing, their switching everything at D works really nicely. I wish Rockets had some tough, slashing forward/center who would finish inside, but generally Rockets small ball is working.

BTW, CP3 is trash. Always has been a bit overrated, but last 3 or so years ridiculously.
                            Last edited by Straight forward; 08-20-2020, 10:27 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Pacers - Heat 100-109

Dragic 32min, 20/3/6, FG 9/18, 3P 2/4, 4TO, +7

Again great game of Dragic and very important baskets. Fantastic Duncan Robinson. This is a big lead in a series like that.

Rockets - Thunder 111-98

Gallinari 33min, 17/5/1, FG 5/12, 3P 1/3, 2TO, +12
                              Schröder 32min, 13/5/5, FG 5/12, 3P 2/4, 4TO, +/- 0

Anyone who says that Billy Donovan should bei COTY should analyze why he doesn't take timeout at 0-17 run of Rockets that decided the game. Horrible game by Schröder. I don't see a comeback for Thunder here. Adams is totaly useless vs. Rockets. As Gobert would have been. Such centers have no usage in games like that.

Bucks - Magic 111-96

Fournier 35min, 12/3/2, FG 4/13, 3P 1/6, 1TO, -7
                              Vucevic 35min, 32/10/2, FG 13/23, 3P 2/8, 3TO, -8
                              Antetokounmpo 32min, 28/20/5, FG 10/23, 3P 1/5, 7TO, +7

Vuch plays at All NBA Team level in this series, expected comeback routine for Bucks. Fournier has to step up. I have the feeling that Gordon is really the missing piece here for Orlando to make this series more interesting.

Lakers - Trailblazers 111-88

Nurkic 28min, 9/8/2/1, FG 4/10, 3P 1/3, 1TO, -28
                              Hezonja 20min, 4/3/1, FG 2/6, 1TO, +2

Davis vs. Blazers 1-1. Haven't watched it. If someone has watched whole game I would like to know what kind of defense they bplayed on Dame and CJ. And especially who.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information