Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euroleague 2020/21 power ranking and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Ulanovas replaced 2019/2020 Datome, who will be 1 year older this year, and not Datome in his prime. Ok, efficient 8/3/1. Datome regressed athletically a lot in last years, he’s not the same player as he used to be. Fener is not loosing much with his absence. 8/3/1 with bad D. is easy to replace. 43% for 3 might look great, but you need to replace only 1.5 3-pointers in 22.5 minutes played, not exactly impossible task. If someone would have been shooting 35% instead of 43% with Datome volume, the result would have been less than 1 point per game less. Having very bad rebounder for C. is much more problematic to solve. Vesely played less games, but Milutinov having 120 more rebounds than Vesely is enormous.
    In your logic Williams was great player for Fener last year because his stats isn't so bad . One point more or less who cares. But you neglect some things that obviously you don't know as you are not Fener fan and you look Fener just over statistics. There are moments when one point you mentioned means win or lose game. that is difference between great and mediocre players.

Datome was guy that made points in the most important situations and broke many lost games for us.

I wish him all the best in Milano, he deserves better status then Obra gave him last season in presence of his puppet Kalinic.

Comment

Williams is a good offensive player.

His problems in Fener have little to do with offense. And, generally, Fener was one of the most efficient offensive teams in EL last season.

But Williams is a poor rebounder and defender at the 3/4 spot, and his being a big part of that Fener team led to them being one of the worst rebounding and defensive teams in EL.

It's hard to win when you're giving teams extra possessions and not getting those extra possessions yourself.

Comment

Do people forget the last season's Datome make Obradovic so mad that he forced him to say this?

FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Also, the coach wasn't happy with Williams's offensive contribution in the last year as well, not only his defense.

It could be surprising but;

I think the thing is, they knew Williams wasn't going to add much defensively, so they expected him to be a bigger scorer than even the last year, so that could actually balance the things on the court. But since Williams wasn't scoring at the maximum level, that plan didn't work.

Similar to Larkin's situation with Efes. He scores so much that, he doesn't even have to contribute much at the defense. We probably expected Williams to score like Larkin, but he never did.
          FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
            In your logic Williams was great player for Fener last year because his stats isn't so bad . One point more or less who cares. But you neglect some things that obviously you don't know as you are not Fener fan and you look Fener just over statistics. There are moments when one point you mentioned means win or lose game. that is difference between great and mediocre players.

Datome was guy that made points in the most important situations and broke many lost games for us.

I wish him all the best in Milano, he deserves better status then Obra gave him last season in presence of his puppet Kalinic.
            I have watched enough Fener games to say that last year Datome was non factor in D. and not enough good scorer to compensate his defensive non existent with scoring. 8/3/1 player with almost 0 D. cannot be important player for a team, ever. 43% for 3 is great if you're volume scorer, if you're not... Williams for sure didn't meet expectations, but you cannot say that Datome did either. Vesely, Datome and Williams are the most important reasons for Fener's bad season.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
              3. Efes - They should bring better sg instead of 33y old ball hog Beaubouis to be No 1.
              Ha, this spooked me out when I first read it. I thought he was 26 or something and then I realised how long ago he was in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                Similar to Larkin's situation with Efes. He scores so much that, he doesn't even have to contribute much at the defense. We probably expected Williams to score like Larkin, but he never did.
                I will correct myself, he actually did a couple of times; Real away game (RS 1), Bayern home game (RS 7), Asvel away game (RS 10), Valencia home game (RS 16), Baskonia away game (RS 18), Maccabi home game (RS 24), and Valencia away game (RS 26).

Amongst these 7 games; we only won Valencia away game, Baskonia away game, Asvel away game, Bayern home game. Even when Williams contributed as he is expected to do, we still lost 3 games; Valencia home game, Maccabi home game, Real away game. Actually we lost Valencia home game because of the referees but you got the point.

We expected from Williams to score like that in at least 15 games but he only scored in 7 games.
                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

I will correct myself, he actually did a couple of times; Real away game (RS 1), Bayern home game (RS 7), Asvel away game (RS 10), Valencia home game (RS 16), Baskonia away game (RS 18), Maccabi home game (RS 24), and Valencia away game (RS 26).

Amongst these 7 games; we only won Valencia away game, Baskonia away game, Asvel away game, Bayern home game. Even when Williams contributed as he is expected to do, we still lost 3 games; Valencia home game, Maccabi home game, Real away game. Actually we lost Valencia home game because of the referees but you got the point.

We expected from Williams to score like that in at least 15 games but he only scored in 7 games.
                  I sincerely wonder, how no Fener's fan is questioning Vesely' contribution. He's paid much more than Williams after all.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                    I sincerely wonder, how no Fener's fan is questioning Vesely' contribution. He's paid much more than Williams after all.
                    Vesely was injured, and he played with injuries. He even said he had to play with pain in the last season.
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Last edited by arelg; 08-13-2020, 02:46 PM.
                      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Zalgiris behind zvezda? Baskonia behind zvezda? Did people even look at our roster this year?

We are young, big and (I hope) physically strong but putting us that high is really not realistic. For me everything up 14 is a major success in this first season.

I wonder why people put so much trust in Milano (again).

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                          Zalgiris behind zvezda? Baskonia behind zvezda? Did people even look at our roster this year?

We are young, big and (I hope) physically strong but putting us that high is really not realistic. For me everything up 14 is a major success in this first season.

I wonder why people put so much trust in Milano (again).
                          Because there are so many newly-formed teams and CZ has a tendency to beat new teams that are not cohesive (I put CZ 12th)

For Milano, I have them at 7th but it could easily fall apart. Their defense will depend on Hines a lot. BUT, I think and I guess a lot of people think that, at some point a Messina team should have some semblance of success
                          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

my standigs after the regular round.

1. CSKA
                            2. Barca
                            3. Efes
                            4. Real
                            5. Khimki
                            6. Maccabi
                            7. Fener
                            8. Milano
                            9. Olympiakos
                            10. Valencia
                            11. Pao
                            12. Zenit
                            13. Baskonia
                            14. Zvezda
                            15. Zalgiris
                            16. Bayern
                            17. Alba
                            18. Aswel

Comment

Also, the coach wasn't happy with Williams's offensive contribution in the last year as well, not only his defense.

It could be surprising but;

I think the thing is, they knew Williams wasn't going to add much defensively, so they expected him to be a bigger scorer than even the last year, so that could actually balance the things on the court. But since Williams wasn't scoring at the maximum level, that plan didn't work.

But Larkin contributes to defense as well..

Comment

Zizic will sign with Maccabi, so for my opinion our roster is at least in the TOP 6 teams - this is my power rankings :
                                *power rankings according to rosters, not the final 8 or my standing prediction!

1. CSKA
                                2. Barca
                                3. Efes
                                4. Milano
                                5. Real
                                6. Maccabi
                                7. Khimki
                                8. Fener
                                9. Valencia
                                10. Olympiakos
                                11. Zenit
                                12. Pao