Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euroleague 2020/21 power ranking and more!

Zalgiris behind zvezda? Baskonia behind zvezda? Did people even look at our roster this year?

We are young, big and (I hope) physically strong but putting us that high is really not realistic. For me everything up 14 is a major success in this first season.

I wonder why people put so much trust in Milano (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Zalgiris behind zvezda? Baskonia behind zvezda? Did people even look at our roster this year?

We are young, big and (I hope) physically strong but putting us that high is really not realistic. For me everything up 14 is a major success in this first season.

I wonder why people put so much trust in Milano (again).
    Because there are so many newly-formed teams and CZ has a tendency to beat new teams that are not cohesive (I put CZ 12th)

For Milano, I have them at 7th but it could easily fall apart. Their defense will depend on Hines a lot. BUT, I think and I guess a lot of people think that, at some point a Messina team should have some semblance of success
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

my standigs after the regular round.

1. CSKA
    2. Barca
    3. Efes
    4. Real
    5. Khimki
    6. Maccabi
    7. Fener
    8. Milano
    9. Olympiakos
    10. Valencia
    11. Pao
    12. Zenit
    13. Baskonia
    14. Zvezda
    15. Zalgiris
    16. Bayern
    17. Alba
    18. Aswel

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Also, the coach wasn't happy with Williams's offensive contribution in the last year as well, not only his defense.

It could be surprising but;

I think the thing is, they knew Williams wasn't going to add much defensively, so they expected him to be a bigger scorer than even the last year, so that could actually balance the things on the court. But since Williams wasn't scoring at the maximum level, that plan didn't work.

Similar to Larkin's situation with Efes. He scores so much that, he doesn't even have to contribute much at the defense. We probably expected Williams to score like Larkin, but he never did.
    But Larkin contributes to defense as well..

Zizic will sign with Maccabi, so for my opinion our roster is at least in the TOP 6 teams - this is my power rankings :
    *power rankings according to rosters, not the final 8 or my standing prediction!

1. CSKA
    2. Barca
    3. Efes
    4. Milano
    5. Real
    6. Maccabi
    7. Khimki
    8. Fener
    9. Valencia
    10. Olympiakos
    11. Zenit
    12. Pao
    13. Zvezda
    14. Baskonia
    15. Asvel
    16. Bayern
    17. Zalgiris
    18. Alba
    Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ab_mj View Post
    But Larkin contributes to defense as well..
    Yeah, but it's limited because of his size disadvantage. If he matches with big sized guards such as Hackett, Higgins or Lorenzo, he has trouble with defending it, but that's only natural.

Williams also have defensive qualities, but that's also limited.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish Basketball League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague ---

easy season to predict

barcelona will get an easy euroleague,probably the easiest since 2010 and their last one
    armani milan will be once again out of the playoffs
    loserbiakos will be once again out of the playoffs
    and panathinaikos will once again be in the playoffs. probably not so easy as the previous season cause we lost one of the best 3 players in the euroleague,but even wearing the shirts of the best european team for the last 4-5 decades makes the difference
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

1) Barcelona - They had a loaded team last year and now they add Nick and Sarunas , a couple of big personalities ....Can't help but wonder how all those strong personalities fit together.......I'm sure they're gonna be committed to making it work so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt....

2) CSKA - Always a well coached team and they had a good summer as far as transactions go.......If Clyburn is back to his old self they're gonna be tough to beat.....

3) Efes - Have a hunch they're gonna fall off a bit from last year's awesome performance but they're still gonna be really good....

4) Real - Not sure what's up with Campazzo as far as the NBA goes ....If he's back they can even finish higher than 4th but since i'm not sure about that 4th is a good spot for them........Nice addition with Abalde and their core guys will be back again.....

5) MTA - That team played though lots of injury and adversity last year and showed lots of heart....They were 5th last year when the league shut down and i think they can do it again....

6) Milan - They basically added a whole new starting 5 so Messina has a big job making it all fit together and they gotta find chemistry....In the end it's a loaded roster and there's no way they miss the playoffs......

7) Khimki - They really built up their front court in the summer and their core guys come back for a second season together...I think that's huge for them......Was gonna pick them as high as 5th but i just don't trust Shved as the lead guy.....Too many times he has a negative impact on the games ......I said it on here a couple times before that i think he's much better suited as a 6th man instant offense type player....

8) Valencia - This is gonna be a close race between Fener, Oly, and Valencia for the last spot i think....I'll take Valencia in a close race .....

It will be interesting to see the impact on teams and on individual players of playing without fans present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    It will be interesting to see the impact on teams and on individual players of playing without fans present.
    As we saw in football, without fans home court advantage means way less than before. Teams which rely on it will lose big advantage. Of course there're own rims, own court, but no x-factor (fans) who pushes you in tough moments. In Lithuania we are still in a phase where part of fans will be able to attend the games, but who knows what will happen in a month, situation changes quickly, COVID-19 cases are on the rise here again

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    As we saw in football, without fans home court advantage means way less than before. Teams which rely on it will lose big advantage. Of course there're own rims, own court, but no x-factor (fans) who pushes you in tough moments. In Lithuania we are still in a phase where part of fans will be able to attend the games, but who knows what will happen in a month, situation changes quickly, COVID-19 cases are on the rise here again
    At the very least, it looks like a huge chunk of this season will be with little or no fans. It will be interesting to see which players thrive a bit more without the pressure of the crowd and who will struggle without that energy to feed off. I think like you're suggesting, the richer teams could be even more dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    As we are a new team it might be better for Fener... Because the fans are used to Fener being a favorite and home crowd would get a bit depressing if we are off to a shaky start
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    As we are a new team it might be better for Fener... Because the fans are used to Fener being a favorite and home crowd would get a bit depressing if we are off to a shaky start
    That's a good point. Should be a bit less pressure for the players as they try to gel as a team.

1-Efes
    2-Barca
    3-CSKA
    4-Fenerbahce
    5-Real
    6-Milano
    7-Maccabi
    8-Olympiakos
    9-Baskonia
    10-Khimki
    11-Valencia
    12-Zvezda
    13-Pao
    14-Zalgiris
    15-Bayern
    16-Zenit
    17-Alba
    18-Asvel

1. Barcelona
    2. CSKA
    3. Efes
    4. Real
    5. Fener
    6. Maccabi
    7. Milano
    8. Zalgiris
    9. Valencia
    10. Oly
    11. Khimki
    12. Zenit
    13. Baskonia
    14. PAO
    15. Zvezda
    16. Bayern
    17. Alba
    18. Asvel

1. Barcelona
    2. Real
    3. Milano
    4. CSKA
    5. Efes
    6. Fener
    7. Maccabi
    8. Zalgiris
    9. Khimki
    10. Zenit
    11. Baskonia
    12. Valencia
    13. Oly
    14. PAO
    15. Zvezda
    16. Alba
    17. Bayern
    18. Asvel

1-2 -Barca, CSKA
    3-4 Efes, Real
    5-6-7-8 Maccabi, Milano Fener, PAO
    9-10-11 Olympiacos, Khimki, Zenit
    12-13-14-15-16 Baskonia, Valencia, Zvezda, Bayern, Zalgiris
    17-18 Asvel, Alba

1. Barcelona
    2. Efes
    3. CSKA
    4. Real
    5. Fener
    6. Maccabi
    7. Milano
    8. Zalgiris
    9. Valencia
    10. Oly
    11. Khimki
    12. Zenit
    13. Baskonia
    14. PAO
    15. Zvezda
    16. Bayern
    17. Alba
    18. Asvel

Interesting that Fener is so highly ranked but after watching some games of some teams I dont think that this assumption is wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123