Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euroleague 2020/21 power ranking and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague 2020/21 power ranking and more!

Since most of the teams are (almost) complete I think the time has come for a power ranking thread.

1. CSKA
    2. Efes
    3. Barcelona
    4. Real Madrid

5. Milan
    6. Khimki
    7. Olympiacos
    8. Zvezda
    9. PAO
    10. Fenerbahce
    11 Bayern München
    12. Zenit
    13 Maccabi
    14 Kaunas
    15 Alba

OK some explanations.

1-4 are too strong. The permutation among them can change but the other teams cant endanger them but every team of 1-4 can beat the other one. I have doubts about CSKA with Shengelia if he can get used to the life style after a place like Baskland to Moscow. Then who is gonna lead this team after Clyburn comes back. I see many conflict potential between James and Clyburn.

Efes doesnt worry me much but old Simon, defenseless Beabois and just shoot Anderson can choke the team from the wing side.

Barca: Jasikevicius must show that he can lead so many egos and good player and make them happy. I still claim that a team with Thomas Heurtel and Nick Calathes as guards cant win anything.

Real needs a generational change. I think this season is a test season without any goal.

Milan again with much money but a team without chemistry and defense. The individual skills of the players should make them able to rank on 5 though.

Oly is a fairly restricted classic 6-7-8 candidate. I think the old guys Printezis and Spanoulis have enough fire in their bones for one more season. Sloukas should also be able to lead without any pressure.

PAO is a downfall for me. I can change my mind if they get Laprovitola somehow but too passive in transfer time. Not even Wittington could be signed.

Fenerbahce wont make the playoffs imo. Too many restricted role player, too many guys who cant shoot, a coach from the states and too much reliability on unreliable guys like Vesely, too many guys who didnt show anything outside their homes. I think the fragile shape will also be a problem next season. Also a test season for Kokoskov.

Maccabi also a fall back this season.

You're definitely confusing "most active in free agency" with "best teams."

Maccabi hasn't done much in free agency, but what important players are they losing that explains a drop from 5th to 13th, behind a Zenit team that might give up 100 points a game and a Bayern team with no real guards?

Comment

I'll play, though:

1. Barcelona -- Calathes and Mirotic together should be fun. If people are worried about Calathes' shooting in big games, they can insert Heurtel.

2. Efes -- As long as they have Larkin and Micic together in the backcourt, they'll win games.

3. CSKA -- Maybe the biggest winner in free agency and now have maybe the best frontcourt in the league with Shengelia and Mulitinov. Will be interesting to see if James can share.

4. Real -- If Campazzo is gone, what do they do? Their backups still could beat most teams' starters, but if their guards are Laprovittola, Alocen, and Abalde, they'll lack the scoring needed to beat the teams above them.

5. Khimki -- I don't think they have any chance of winning a title with Shved but there's really no excuse to not at least be a solid playoff team with Jovic, Timma, Mickey, Monroe, Jerebko, and Booker around him.

6. Maccabi -- Has retained most of its core from last year. Hasn't kept up with the big clubs but will still be difficult to beat in Tel Aviv.

7. Zalgiris -- Has retained enough of its roster with Walkup, Grigonis, and Lekavicius that they should be okay without Saras.

8. Milan -- More money than sense, and this is maybe the fifth year in a row that they've had a brand new team, but I think this is the year they get into the playoffs.

9. Fener -- Solid roster that should be right there for a playoff spot, but tough to expect too much more if they can't fix their rebounding issues, and I don't think adding Hamilton and replacing Datome with Barthel quite gets the job done.

10. Oly -- I think losing Mulitinov really hurts; their frontcourt has been their biggest strength recently but I'm not sure Ellis/Hassan/Livio is anything more than an average frontcourt. I do like some of their guard additions, though, and they'll be good enough to contend for a playoff spot at least.

11. ALBA -- Should still be decently fun offensively with Siva, Eriksson, and Sikma. Not enough defense to make the playoffs, though.

12. Panathinaikos -- They've added some role players I like but there's a very clear lack of primary offensive options currently. I'd move them up a few spots if they could get Laprovittola or another good PG.

13. Valencia -- They've added some big names like Prepelic, Kalinic, and Williams. Hermannsson is a solid EL PG. This is an interesting team but just not as good as the ones above.

14. Zvezda -- Walden and Loyd are solid additions who have some upside. They'll beat some big teams when they really shouldn't, per normal.

15. Zenit -- Big spender in free agency. Offense will be fun, perimeter defense will be a complete disaster.

16. Baskonia -- Their worst roster in years. I don't see much room for optimism.

17. Bayern -- Who is going to handle the ball?

18. ASVEL -- Eurocup roster.

Comment

Don't think the EL is going to start soon. Not in normal conditions anyway. I think the EL will copy the NBA. We should consider that there will be no more fans on the stands.
        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          Don't think the EL is going to start soon. Not in normal conditions anyway. I think the EL will copy the NBA. We should consider that there will be no more fans on the stands.
          Similar information going out here to season ticket holders in EL.

Comment

1-CSKA
            2-Barca
            3-Efes
            4-Real
            5-Olympiakos
            6-Milano
            7-Khimki
            8-Fener
            9-Maccabi
            10-Zenit
            11-Valencia
            12-Zvezda
            13-Pao
            14-Zalgiris
            15-Bayern
            16-Baskonia
            17-Alba
            18-Asvel

Comment

1-CSKA
              2-Barca
              3-Efes
              4-Madrid
              5-Maccabi
              6-Baskonia
              7-Milano
              8-Fener
              9-Khimki
              10-Olympiakos
              11-Pao
              12-Zvezda
              13-Valencia
              14-Zalgiris
              15-Zenit
              16-Bayern
              17-Alba
              18-Asvel

edit: I really, really like Baskonia roster but apparently no one agrees
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

If healthy Valencia could make some trouble. I think they will compensate loss of Abalde quite well as their offense was heavily depending on him and he was some kind of successful project of their team but they anyways looked often better without him. They made good choices on the market I think they will compete for playoffs. For me most interesting will be developments in Tel Aviv, St. Petersburg and Kaunas. I agree with most people that PAO will most likely have trouble to make playoffs. Don't forget that G-League can change a lot of things, Trinchieri is a very good coach and even Bayern lost except Lucic, Zipser and Djedovic everything that is valuable he traditionally is one of European coaches that choses best Americans from overseas. I wouldn't give up on Bayern too soon.

It's interesting to see folks perception about Olympiakos. Totally different. I am curious, too. For me totally unpredictable how they will look next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
                  You're definitely confusing "most active in free agency" with "best teams."

Maccabi hasn't done much in free agency, but what important players are they losing that explains a drop from 5th to 13th, behind a Zenit team that might give up 100 points a game and a Bayern team with no real guards?
                  Yeah, no way maccabi is that bad. Sfairopoulos can milk any team dry, if he has to he'll win games 51-50 but they'll definitely be competing for a play-off spot even in the worst case scenario.

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                  It can start but yeah, no chance of fans before a vaccine. Real shame.

Comment

10. Oly -- I think losing Mulitinov really hurts;
                    Possibly the best transfer move for us since signing Spanoulis. Maybe second best with Hines being the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                      Possibly the best transfer move for us since signing Spanoulis. Maybe second best with Hines being the best.
                      This is not the place to argue about that but come on man.Dunston had a way better career here.What about Hunter?I would even argue about Kem Birch.

Comment

Originally posted by berry View Post
                        This is not the place to argue about that but come on man.Dunston had a way better career here.What about Hunter?I would even argue about Kem Birch.
                        You're right, they all had better careers. I meant him leaving was the best transfer move for us.

Comment

I am very confused by the thought that Milutinov was in any way causing problems for the past two seasons for Oly instead of keeping them afloat as one of the best centers in EL around an aging Spanoulis and a revolving door at PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                            You're right, they all had better careers. I meant him leaving was the best transfer move for us.
                            Im not sure if you are being ironic or not.

Comment

I am very confused by the thought that Milutinov was in any way causing problems for the past two seasons for Oly instead of keeping them afloat as one of the best centers in EL around an aging Spanoulis and a revolving door at PG.
                              Ofcourse he kept us afloat since the team was basically garbage these last years.Im not questioning his quality,its the style of center that i dont prefer much.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information