No announcement yet.

2020 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that there is no potential league coverface in this year's draft but for NCAA fanatics this draft is like sending children into a candy shop. Really some great faces that played excellent seasons in their schools.

Malachi Flynn isn't even mentioned as first rounder for example. But a beast! That's how Mike James would look like with a few inches more

The guy I liked most in all predictions was Jared Butler but he withdrew from draft this year, he wants to play one more season for the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      To be honest, I followed most of the top prospect closely, this draft class is very thin at the top but a lot of solid players that are not elite talents. There are no Zion/Luka/Ayton/Trae Young type of guys in this draft. A Top 3 or Top 5 pick right now is not worth that much. So many question marks about Wiseman, Edwards, Ball, Okoro, Avdija, Hayers etc...

I think that this draft will probably add 10 good players to the NBA with long careers as starters and role players. Very difficult to talk about if any of them have real star potential. My best bet is that Edwards is closest to that, because his offensive game and mentality is most NBA ready of all prospects. I cheer for Okoro to develop Kawhi/Butler style and became the next 2-way monster though.
      Yes... It's mostly the same I was saying in an earlier post of mine. "Good scouting is more important than pick ranking in this draft, there are many solid choices even down low the ladder.

Where I disagree is on the star potential, you never know with draftees how dedicated they are and how much work they'll put in their careers.

I've done some research in this draft too and have formed an opinion on some players ceiling...

Pokousevsky: His ceiling could be Jokic if he doesn't blow it
      Jaden Mc Daniels: His ceiling could be Paul George if he doesn't blow it
      Paul Reed: His ceiling could be KD if he doesn't blow it
      Shadick Bey & Patrik Williams: Very similar players, both not particularly explosive but with very good legs, their ceiling could be Middleton.
      Leandro Bolmaro: This guy can be anything, from Kawahi to failure
      Wiseman: Again anything, from Embiid being his ceiling to failure.
      Edwards: Same as Bolmaro, but I would trust Bolmaro's instincts more.
      Topin: I would pick him No1 prospect if it was up to me... KD perhaps if he doesn't blow it?
      Kira Lewis: He can develop to a star PG, or live in the shadow if he doesn't work.

Just a few... I could go on...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
        Yes... It's mostly the same I was saying in an earlier post of mine. "Good scouting is more important than pick ranking in this draft, there are many solid choices even down low the ladder.

Where I disagree is on the star potential, you never know with draftees how dedicated they are and how much work they'll put in their careers.

I've done some research in this draft too and have formed an opinion on some players ceiling...

Pokousevsky: His ceiling could be Jokic if he doesn't blow it
        Jaden Mc Daniels: His ceiling could be Paul George if he doesn't blow it
        Paul Reed: His ceiling could be KD if he doesn't blow it
        Shadick Bey & Patrik Williams: Very similar players, both not particularly explosive but with very good legs, their ceiling could be Middleton.
        Leandro Bolmaro: This guy can be anything, from Kawahi to failure
        Wiseman: Again anything, from Embiid being his ceiling to failure.
        Edwards: Same as Bolmaro, but I would trust Bolmaro's instincts more.
        Topin: I would pick him No1 prospect if it was up to me... KD perhaps if he doesn't blow it?
        Kira Lewis: He can develop to a star PG, or live in the shadow if he doesn't work.

Just a few... I could go on...
        I think that you are seriously overestimating Bolmaro. He is a solid defender that still has to develop his game, very inconsistent. Edwards is polar opposite, advanced skillset on offense, ready to plug in and go for 15pts a game easy as a rookie, while he needs to get his head into the game on defense. His technique on defense is poor and effort is a question mark.

Topin I love as well, but I don't see the KD comparison. He is a defensive monster that needs to work on offense A LOT. I think that if he gets everything right, he would be closer to a guy like Kevin Garnett. More realistically, he would end up as Ibaka. He is a solid guy and his defense alone would earn him minutes and he would be useful. He will struggle to score in NBA, really struggle at this point as the focus of the offense.

Comment

I think that you are seriously overestimating Bolmaro. He is a solid defender that still has to develop his game, very inconsistent. Edwards is polar opposite, advanced skillset on offense, ready to plug in and go for 15pts a game easy as a rookie, while he needs to get his head into the game on defense. His technique on defense is poor and effort is a question mark.

Topin I love as well, but I don't see the KD comparison. He is a defensive monster that needs to work on offense A LOT. I think that if he gets everything right, he would be closer to a guy like Kevin Garnett. More realistically, he would end up as Ibaka. He is a solid guy and his defense alone would earn him minutes and he would be useful. He will struggle to score in NBA, really struggle at this point as the focus of the offense.
          One can't really tell how a 20y.o. will develop, Bolmaro's long shooting seems to be low at the moment, but his shooting mechanics look great and his basketball skills seem to be among the best in this draft. Great size and body for a guard and by a good margin better than the average in the NBA explosiveness and speed/quickness can make him stand out if he can improve his shooting percentages.

Comment

One can't really tell how a 20y.o. will develop, Bolmaro's long shooting seems to be low at the moment, but his shooting mechanics look great and his basketball skills seem to be among the best in this draft. Great size and body for a guard and by a good margin better than the average in the NBA explosiveness and speed/quickness can make him stand out if he can improve his shooting percentages.
            Bolmaro is not a guard in NBA, and will never play that position in the NBA. If he can stay in front most SFs this is where he will play. If he struggles, he will be moved to PF gradually as he gets stronger. He is not great vertically, not explosive on the first step, already has problems playing against smaller players that are tough. He losses possesion to aggressive guards smaller than him, because they get underneath him and use leverage to disrupt him and he does not have the explosiveness to get by them. He can use his strength, but that automatically moves him to SF permanently and even a PF in small ball lineups. His wingspan is not impressive, making it challenging to be a great wing defender, especially since his legs are not super. He will be a fantastic team defender, since he is smart, he can switch onto players and has a great fighting spirit and knack for jumping the passing lanes.

Comment

Bolmaro is not a guard in NBA, and will never play that position in the NBA. If he can stay in front most SFs this is where he will play. If he struggles, he will be moved to PF gradually as he gets stronger.
              Hang on a minute... you seem confused now, positions (PG, SG, SF. PF .C etc...) are only terms that apply when a team is on offense...

There is no position when the same team is on defense, but coaches address players to their defensive role... ("you & you guard the periphery", "you and you protect the rim and collect the boards", "you watch the drives" etc...). Positions are offensive terms by definition... (forwards - Center forward - guards are the guys behind the forwards).

Bolmaro can play all PG, SG & SF in the NBA depending on the team he will join.

He is not great vertically, not explosive on the first step, already has problems playing against smaller players that are tough. He losses possesion to aggressive guards smaller than him, because they get underneath him and use leverage to disrupt him and he does not have the explosiveness to get by them. He can use his strength, but that automatically moves him to SF permanently and even a PF in small ball lineups. His wingspan is not impressive, making it challenging to be a great wing defender, especially since his legs are not super. He will be a fantastic team defender, since he is smart, he can switch onto players and has a great fighting spirit and knack for jumping the passing lanes.
              As I said before, I find his explosiveness and athleticism better than the average NBA guard/wing... If you think different, it's your right to think different, that's fine with me. T/Oers are a thing which comes with experience, I wouldn't pay attention at all on T/Oers with a draftee.

Comment

Hang on a minute... you seem confused now, positions (PG, SG, SF. PF .C etc...) are only terms that apply when a team is on offense...

There is no position when the same team is on defense, but coaches address players to their defensive role... ("you & you guard the periphery", "you and you protect the rim and collect the boards", "you watch the drives" etc...). Positions are offensive terms by definition... (forwards - Center forward - guards are the guys behind the forwards).

Bolmaro can play all PG, SG & SF in the NBA depending on the team he will join.

As I said before, I find his explosiveness and athleticism better than the average NBA guard/wing... If you think different, it's your right to think different, that's fine with me. T/Oers are a thing which comes with experience, I wouldn't pay attention at all on T/Oers with a draftee.
                In a sense, like Luka and LeBron are de-facto PGs on offense and then defend wings, is true. But in general, unless you are a transcending talent on offense that you can play 2-3 positions with easy as the guy running the offense, noone will tolerate you that much to make special schemes on you on defense. Bolmaro is not that guy and it is a huge wishful thinking that he will ever be. He cannot defend PGs and SGs in NBA 1 on 1, that is very clear so he will on defense defend SF/PF. On offense, he is neither a penetrator, nor dribbler nor a shooter that any NBA team at this point would be willing to gamble on as a guy playing with the ball in his hands in the backcourt. He will get a chance in NBA as a guy that is catch n shoot SF, run transition and play solid D. From there and on, he could improve and get a bigger role. But not chance that a team drafting mid 1st round (if he even goes that high) will select him and give him a huge role in a backcourt...

Comment

In a sense, like Luka and LeBron are de-facto PGs on offense and then defend wings, is true. But in general, unless you are a transcending talent on offense that you can play 2-3 positions with easy as the guy running the offense, noone will tolerate you that much to make special schemes on you on defense. Bolmaro is not that guy and it is a huge wishful thinking that he will ever be. He cannot defend PGs and SGs in NBA 1 on 1, that is very clear so he will on defense defend SF/PF. On offense, he is neither a penetrator, nor dribbler nor a shooter that any NBA team at this point would be willing to gamble on as a guy playing with the ball in his hands in the backcourt. He will get a chance in NBA as a guy that is catch n shoot SF, run transition and play solid D. From there and on, he could improve and get a bigger role. But not chance that a team drafting mid 1st round (if he even goes that high) will select him and give him a huge role in a backcourt...
                  No, no, no... sorry, it's not how basketball works... You may be confused by the fact that usually guards match up well in guarding other guards and wings guarding other wings or bigs other bigs, but this is purely due to matching, nothing to do with their role when the team is on offense.

Positions are only offensive terms, they'll teach you the same in any school for coaches on earth.

Bolamaro can be developed and play as well as defend any guard or wing in the NBA... It's up to the 20 (next week) year old to work and do it, obviously if he doesn't work, then he won't do it...

Comment

who is this Bolmaro guy you fellas are so passionately discussing about? Is he a new "white hope" ala Luka Doncic vol.2 or at least a projected TOP 5 pick in the upcoming draft? The only south american/italian white dude who managed to have a great NBA career while not being a TOP 10 pick was Manu Ginobili, and he was already a very special player when he was playing for Kinder in Europe...

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                      who is this Bolmaro guy you fellas are so passionately discussing about? Is he a new "white hope" ala Luka Doncic vol.2 or at least a projected TOP 5 pick in the upcoming draft? The only south american/italian white dude who managed to have a great NBA career while not being a TOP 10 pick was Manu Ginobili, and he was already a very special player when he was playing for Kinder in Europe...
                      Good logic, keep it up! I guess back in 2013 you was saying:

"Who is that Antetokounmpo you fellas are so passionately discussing about?" and then you would claim "Greeks... blah, blah, blah... " and "is he a top-5 pick?" and more nonsense to back up your bold "logic" (???)... Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        Just a dude that media is hyping. Not really transcendent talent even among his peers, not even talking about grown men...

Comment

There is some hype about Bolmaro also in American boards. By watching his videos I cannot see why to be honest. But he has now possibility to prove in EL.

Comment

Well, I went through top prospects and came up with conclusion that aside Lamelo Ball who can be terrific point guard and facilitator, there's only one special American prospect I see this 2020 drafts and that's Tyrese Haliburton. Exceptional and really special court vision and ability to make long passes. Special facilitator! His scoring instincts are raw, but also roaring with potential. To me, he's probably the most unique American prospect from this draft (along with Lamelo who is also special PG and has very nice size and instinct for this position). Cbssports.com has Lamelo as no1. pick, Killian Hayes at 2 and Tyrese Haliburton at 3 and agree with this hierarchy, I'm not even sure who's the best out of three, but all three point guards are SPECIAL. Now Wiseman, Edwards, Obi Toppin and Okongwu (I like the latter least from these four) are high floor and questionable ceiling prospects. In other words, will be solid starters or very good role players (or some would even sneak into ALL STAR game here and there), but that may be all. I probably have Wiseman as potentially having highest ceiling from them. So to me, this draft is all about special point guards that I mentioned before. And thus far I tend to think Haliburton may be the most special, but it's really close.

I surely wouldn't draft Edwards as No.1. (NBA.com has him as such). He may be close to Wade (I don't really see that) or just Isiah Rider or even some Dion Waters. Not worthy top pick, IMO.
                            Last edited by Straight forward; 10-03-2020, 02:11 PM.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So Anthony Edwards as no.1 pick Minnesota. Now it makes sense to me because 80% of the league is rather comfortable with PG situation and it's much harder to find real SG stud. Even in this draft there's around 8 PGs in the first round.

Solid draft year for Euros. K. Hayes drafted 7, huge. IMO, most talented from all Euros (Detroit has plenty of Euro prospects now in Hayes, Mikhailiuk, Musa, Sirvydis). Avdija drafted 9. Pokusevski 17. T.Maledon 34, Vit Krejci 37, Marko Simonovic 44, Yam Madar 47.
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I am happy for Poku, Minnesota wanted him badly and traded for him. It will be a good team to start NBA career. Also great thing for Marko Simonovic starting in Bulls.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information