Baskonia 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baskonia 2020-21

Zoran Dragić extends for another year with Baskonia according to Chema de Lucas.

So, Baskonia only needs a 2 to fulfill its roster

Luca Vildoza - Pierria Henry - Arturs Kurucs
    Khadeen Carrington - ?????
    Rokas Giedraitis - Zoran Dragić - Sander Raieste
    Alec Peters - Achille Polonara
    Tonye Jekiri - Ilimane Diop - Youssoupha Fall

Originally posted by santiterry View Post
    Zoran Dragić extends for another year with Baskonia according to Chema de Lucas.

So, Baskonia only needs a 2 to fulfill its roster

This is one of the weekest Baskonia rosters in last 2 decades. It is almost EC level roster. Giedraitis is one of the best SF in whole EL, Jekiri is in Top 10-15 C, but rest of the roster is so limited. Peters as a replacement for Shengelia is a joke, accept 3 Pts shooting, not even one element close to Shengelia quality. This roster will strugle a lot, it is somewhere betweeen 14-16 place, together with my team. The situation can change with extra quality of SG, but not too much, maybe 2-3 places up....
    Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
    SG/PG: Walden
    SG: Loyd
    SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
    SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
    PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
    PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
    C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

Originally posted by Gudura View Post
      This is one of the weekest Baskonia rosters in last 2 decades. It is almost EC level roster. Giedraitis is one of the best SF in whole EL, Jekiri is in Top 10-15 C, but rest of the roster is so limited. Peters as a replacement for Shengelia is a joke, accept 3 Pts shooting, not even one element close to Shengelia quality. This roster will strugle a lot, it is somewhere betweeen 14-16 place, together with my team. The situation can change with extra quality of SG, but not too much, maybe 2-3 places up....
      Every season is the same, one of the weakest Baskonia roster, and then Baskonia is always fighting for the top8. In the ACB forums is quite funny, every year there is some topic about the weak Baskonia, and after the coronavirus Baskonia was the champion

IMO an interesting roster with potential to be a surprise team. As always Baskonia need to bet on players without euroleague experience (Carrington), like in the past for example: Darius Adams, Mike James or Pierria Henry. Or bet on players who doesn't has minutes in great teams (Peters). But it's not that the scouts of the team are bad precisely, because they are one of the best in Europe. Alec Peters in Vitoria will have a lot of minutes, we will see the next season his real level, when Shengelia came to Vitoria he also was young and he wasn't the player who is now.

Dusko Ivanovic made an amazing job since december, the team made a great defense in the last ACB title, and played with great mentality, I think the team could be one of the best defenses in Europe.

In the last ACB title Shengelia played like shit, he was injured, and the most important players were: Vildoza, Henry, Dragic, Polonara or Diop, most of them are not talented, but they are hard workers and great defensive players. Vildoza was all the season injured and now he will be at 100%, Carrington replaces Matt Janning (who played very bad last season), Giedraitis replaces Shavon Shields, Peters instead of Shengelia, and Jekiri for Eric (who also played bad season). I think the team is better in most of the positions except the PF, the key will be Alec Peters. Maybe Peters is not as bad like some people think, it's not easy to play minutes in teams like CSKA or Efes, maybe the best teams in Europe right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jonga View Post
        Every season is the same, one of the weakest Baskonia roster, and then Baskonia is always fighting for the top8. In the ACB forums is quite funny, every year there is some topic about the weak Baskonia, and after the coronavirus Baskonia was the champion

IMO an interesting roster with potential to be a surprise team. As always Baskonia need to bet on players without euroleague experience (Carrington), like in the past for example: Darius Adams, Mike James or Pierria Henry. Or bet on players who doesn't has minutes in great teams (Peters). But it's not that the scouts of the team are bad precisely, because they are one of the best in Europe. Alec Peters in Vitoria will have a lot of minutes, we will see the next season his real level, when Shengelia came to Vitoria he also was young and he wasn't the player who is now.

Dusko Ivanovic made an amazing job since december, the team made a great defense in the last ACB title, and played with great mentality, I think the team could be one of the best defenses in Europe.

In the last ACB title Shengelia played like shit, he was injured, and the most important players were: Vildoza, Henry, Dragic, Polonara or Diop, most of them are not talented, but they are hard workers and great defensive players. Vildoza was all the season injured and now he will be at 100%, Carrington replaces Matt Janning (who played very bad last season), Giedraitis replaces Shavon Shields, Peters instead of Shengelia, and Jekiri for Eric (who also played bad season). I think the team is better in most of the positions except the PF, the key will be Alec Peters. Maybe Peters is not as bad like some people think, it's not easy to play minutes in teams like CSKA or Efes, maybe the best teams in Europe right now.
        I agree with you. Although, your defence won't be as good, when you change defensive jugernouts like Shengelia and Shields, with very good offensive, but not as good defensive Peters and Giedraitis. Vildoza is a player I really like, he could be potentially one of the best PG's next year. Very nice C rotation. Also, you forgot to add Sedekerskis, he will 100% play next year for you. Your offensive game will be one of the best in a league next season. Can't say that about the defence, because in my mind - Vildoza, Carrington, Giedraitis, Peters and Polonara are more talented on offence and not defence.

Comment

Originally posted by jonga View Post

You've made my day with this Peters thing! What a waste of money. When he was in CSKA he was probably the most hated player ever
          And in CSKA he played a lot. He started the season with about 3 rather good games but then he was mostly shit. But Itoudis kept letting him play big minutes despite the fact that Peters managed to ruin the game practically the very moment he appeared on court. With all my respect to Itoudis I really hated him every time he let Peters play. And in Efes it was the same story. 2-3 good games at the start of the season and then we only saw him for 3-4 minutes.
          At the same time I always like the way Baskonia manages to be among the best every year. I believe this season we'll see the same fighting spirit as always and even Peters won't hinder it. I never bet against Baskonia beeing in PO.

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post

You've made my day with this Peters thing! What a waste of money. When he was in CSKA he was probably the most hated player ever
            And in CSKA he played a lot. He started the season with about 3 rather good games but then he was mostly shit. But Itoudis kept letting him play big minutes despite the fact that Peters managed to ruin the game practically the very moment he appeared on court. With all my respect to only up online Itoudis I really hated him every time he let Peters play. And in Efes it was the same story. 2-3 good games at the start of the season and then we only saw him for 3-4 minutes.
            At the same time I always like the way Baskonia manages to be among the best every year. I believe this season we'll see the same fighting spirit as always and even Peters won't hinder it. I never bet against Baskonia beeing in PO.
            In 2023, I've come back. Is anyone still here?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information