Anadolu Efes 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    I expect from janketa to side with Efes and Larkin in this situation Not a Fenerbahçe fan as usual.

You are making drama like janketa right now, the only reason why this even become a discussion because Efes wanted to use Larkin as domestic player, it's not like the head coach of Turkish national team wanted it, they even said we have Wilbekin but then we still replaced Wilbekin with Larkin, so that's why I think it's fair for that reason, if you still want him as domestic player, he should play 1 year more to complete the 3 years like the players that you talked about earlier.
    mate, do you know the meaning of a passport?
    you could apply citizenship rules (if you have any, but we don't, in practice) before giving someone a passport, not after.
    anyway, pointless discussion. Let some little people be happy with their little victories.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

What a big effect all these injuries and covid cases on Efes... Players still can't find the rhythm and the team automatically suffering of controlling the game tempo. The hardest games are on the way; Valencia, Cska, Milan, Barca, Real. Hope things will get better for the rest of the season.

Efes-Zenith: 69-73
      (Without LARKIN)

Efes-Fener: 71-80
      (Without LARKIN, ŞANLI)

Alba-Efes: 72-93
      (Without LARKIN, BALBAY)

Zalgiris-Efes: 89-73
      (Without LARKIN, ŞANLI, BALBAY)

Oly-Efes: 79-84
      (Without ŞANLI, BALBAY)

Efes-Mta: 91-89
      (Without LARKIN, DUNSTON, ŞANLI)

Pao-Efes: 77-80
      (Without LARKIN, DUNSTON, ŞANLI, BEAUBOIS)

Efes-Bay: 71-74
      (Without DUNSTON, BEAUBOIS)

Khi-Efes: 77-105
      (Without DUNSTON, BEAUBOIS)

Crv-Efes: 64-75
      (Without DUNSTON, BEAUBOIS, MICIC, PLEISS)

Efes-Bas: 59-77
      (Without PLEISS)

Efes-Asv: 72-68
      (Without SIMON)

Games played:
      Singleton, Moerman, Anderson: 12
      Micic, Simon: 11
      Pleiss: 10
      Beaubois, Balbay: 9
      Dunston, Şanlı: 7
      Larkin: 6

Comment

Even though Efes won vs Ormanspor yesterday (95-75), i didn't like the team's defensive performance so far... Musa was ok in his first game; Tuncer, Şanlı, Larkin even Saybir and Gazi was performed well on team's attacking side, but defensive holes could create headache for the future. I can't even be so happy because of the weak opponent. Ataman said he liked Musa's and team's performance and happy for having good signs from Musa for the future games. About Larkin and Beaubois's minutes he said he's just pushing the players to get their rhythms.

Larkin (17 min)... 14 pts, 2 reb, 6 ast.
        Moerman (22 min)... 6 pts, 12 reb.
        Tuncer (22 min)... 22 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast.
        Anderson (17 min)... 6 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast.
        Dunston (15 min)... 1 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast.
        Beaubois (14 min)... 5 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast.
        Saybir (15 min)... 7 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast.
        Balbay (12 min)... 2 pts, 5 ast.
        Gazi (15 min)... 5 pts, 4 reb.
        Musa (26 min)... 19 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast.
        Şanlı (25 min)... 8 pts, 6 reb, 5 blk.

Comment

Originally posted by Worrax View Post
          Even though Efes won vs Ormanspor yesterday (95-75), i didn't like the team's defensive performance so far... Musa was ok in his first game; Tuncer, Şanlı, Larkin even Saybir and Gazi was performed well on team's attacking side, but defensive holes could create headache for the future. I can't even be so happy because of the weak opponent. Ataman said he liked Musa's and team's performance and happy for having good signs from Musa for the future games. About Larkin and Beaubois's minutes he said he's just pushing the players to get their rhythms.

Larkin (17 min)... 14 pts, 2 reb, 6 ast.
          Moerman (22 min)... 6 pts, 12 reb.
          Tuncer (22 min)... 22 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast.
          Anderson (17 min)... 6 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast.
          Dunston (15 min)... 1 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast.
          Beaubois (14 min)... 5 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast.
          Saybir (15 min)... 7 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast.
          Balbay (12 min)... 2 pts, 5 ast.
          Gazi (15 min)... 5 pts, 4 reb.
          Musa (26 min)... 19 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast.
          Şanlı (25 min)... 8 pts, 6 reb, 5 blk.
          I have been seeing a decline on Dunstons side which is the main problem. Larkin seems to find his shooting rhythm and range but you shouldnt worry about the defense against Ormanspor. The defensive reaction is still a big concern though. I think if the shooting comes back also the defensive intensity will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            I have been seeing a decline on Dunstons side which is the main problem. Larkin seems to find his shooting rhythm and range but you shouldnt worry about the defense against Ormanspor. The defensive reaction is still a big concern though. I think if the shooting comes back also the defensive intensity will increase.
            I will agree with you, at least we have reason (last season) to hope... and yes, i was talking about pivotal trouble second year in a row. If something happens with Dunston ect... last year Pleiss stepped well but now also suffering with injuries. On the other hand Dunston is already 35 if i'm not wrong, time to prepare somebody else. It's a known case 2-3 years and Ataman will get it. (Actually i insist on adding a 4 and a half style guy, can play 4 and 5, and keep Dunston and Şanlı.)

Comment

Originally posted by Worrax View Post
              I will agree with you, at least we have reason (last season) to hope... and yes, i was talking about pivotal trouble second year in a row. If something happens with Dunston ect... last year Pleiss stepped well but now also suffering with injuries. On the other hand Dunston is already 35 if i'm not wrong, time to prepare somebody else. It's a known case 2-3 years and Ataman will get it. (Actually i insist on adding a 4 and a half style guy, can play 4 and 5, and keep Dunston and Şanlı.)
              Efes played without Dunston most of the last season and still they were by far the best team in EL. So Sanli is quite capable to take the bigger role and Dunston's spot. He was center with maybe the best statistics per minute last season. the most underrated player in Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                Efes played without Dunston most of the last season and still they were by far the best team in EL. So Sanli is quite capable to take the bigger role and Dunston's spot. He was center with maybe the best statistics per minute last season. the most underrated player in Turkey
                Agree with you... Dunston is the most important part of Efes's bigs but because of unluckily injuries kept him away from team last (and this) season and Pleiss-Şanlı stepped well enough succesfully. But now no Pleiss and (especially only with 2 bigs; Dunston and Şanlı) it won't be enough. Not counting Singleton or Moerman. Of course in my opinion Şanlı is good enough back up for Dunston, even sometimes could be 1st choice... For deeper big rotation i think we need 1 more player. And (maybe i'm wrong) but i insist he should be a #5, can also play #4. I'm not counting on Pleiss next season even though i like his personality and performance. His knee injury is problematic and not carrying his body anymore.

Comment

Anybody saw Dzanan Musa? Is he alive? By the way; my inner voice telling me that Ataman have an eye on Kyle Gregory Wiltjer of Turk Telekom... Don't know why, just a feeling after Efes' Telekom game.
                  Last edited by Worrax; 02-28-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Efes won it's weak opponent Fethiye in TBL; 101-85. Ataman used his bench players and seems Musa also performed well... here are the numbers:

Tuncer: 31 min; 29 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast.
                    Pleiss: 31 min; 18 pts, 14 reb, 3 ast.
                    Saybir: 25 min; 17 pts, 5 reb.
                    Musa: 24 min; 10 pts, 8 reb, 9 ast.
                    Balbay: 23 min; 3 pts, 3 reb, 8 ast.
                    Geçim: 21 min; 13 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast.
                    Gazi: 21 min; 2 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast.
                    Singleton: 9 min; 5 pts, 1 ast.
                    Sezgün: 7 min; 2 pts.
                    Şanlı: 9 min; 2 pts.

Comment

So on the verge of the season its time to debate about the new seasons requirements. I am writing this under following pre assumptions:

Micic is gone. Hell leave after this season and its safe. His role should be filled by Beaubois and Gazi. Tuncer is a talented play maker but he is not willing to develop or to be more precise he is a lazy bitch.

Larkin is happy in Istanbul and I dont think the NBA is gonna give him the role he wants to fill out. He should stay.

Simon is not a guy who relies much on speed, strength or athleticism so I see him playing one more year before taking a position in Efes management

Singleton is the biggest problem. A lazy bitch who plays as much as it needs to survive. The next season will be his last, so he has to play though. Would send him away if I could.

Old man Dunston has two more years with Efes. Maybe he cant fill out the gaps in the defense like he did some years ago but he found his rhythm back in the playoffs. A center is a must and since Pleiß strengths and weaknesses are similar to Sanli there is no need for him imo. A guy like Reynolds should be targeted here or better a guy who can play 4/5 and stretch the floor.

Moerman is the only guy who is a plus rebounder. His shots werent falling this season but Efes will extend his contract. He has a good offensive skill set with shooting + a running floater very smooth but I would be happy if they dont extend with him.

Lets come to the Turks: Tolga Gecim showed in these last two years it is not enough. He must go and find his pace again. I lost my trust in him.

The most interesting point is Saybirs future though. I was and still am one of the biggest fans of Saybir but I have to admit he had a very underwhelming season. He is 21 year old and the Efes management should decide if keep or laon him. If he stays they must give him a fair chance to show himself another season without playing would endanger his career.

I hope Efes wins the EL this time to finish the journey and start a rebuild with taking some risks using young guns.

Comment

Saying that Saybir maybe, just maybe, owns hint of the talent probably shows that someone who said that is basketball ignorant.

But statement that you are fun of Saybir is serious mental problem.
                        Last edited by janketa; 04-27-2021, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          Saying that Saybir maybe, just maybe, owns hint of the talent probably shows that someone who said that is basketball ignorant.

But statement that you are fun of Saybir is serious mental problem.
                          Maybe I gave you the impression of being interested in your opinion or you have been trying to get my attention but I am neither interested in your Opinion that you write down with your pathetic and decrepit English nor in your not existent Basketball knowledge.

Dont get me wrong you can write down anything you want but you should do it in a way without getting personally. You may be used to discus in Tarlabasi where the street gave formed your personality but I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Maybe I gave you the impression of being interested in your opinion or you have been trying to get my attention but I am neither interested in your Opinion that you write down with your pathetic and decrepit English nor in your not existent Basketball knowledge.

Dont get me wrong you can write down anything you want but you should do it in a way without getting personally. You may be used to discus in Tarlabasi where the street gave formed your personality but I am not.
                            First of all I am not interested of Teletubbies opinion, but it's funny look on their reaction when you poke them.

Of course you are basketball ignorant and troll but I am ok with that. I respect every opinion, even if it's poor and unmature like yours. But regarding you crossed some red lines jumping in comunication between me and Worax(who is great guy btw) it's priceless for me to follow and comment every stupid statement you write( from now on) just to show your picture in mirror, how on duty troll looks like.

As you admited your parents failed with you, it's easy to recognize some complexes but we will work on that, take it easy
                            Last edited by janketa; 04-27-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Guys...
                              Of course sorry for disturbing, but...
                              We don't need to love eachother cause we won't start emotional or sexual relationship with eachother, we just talk basketball... and when anyone says his thoughts we don't need to agree or disagree with eachother, so... please let's go back to talk basketball. Any analysis or opinion can change our perspective. Any information could be valuable. Thank you and sorry for my poor English.

Comment

As i remember Efes made 2,5 years contract with Dzanan Musa, but i don't see him around. He's not playing in EL because of rules or because of Ataman?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information