Fiba bcl 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiba bcl 2020/21

The draws for the 2020/21 season are completed and these are the groups.

Tofas has a very easy group. I expect them to win all its games or not more than 2 defeats.

Galatasaray must rebuild and has a fairly tough group but I also expect them to make it out of the groups

Karsiyaka has a tough group too but they kept the majority of their roster and should make it easy out of the groups too.

Dacka and TT Ankara are in the same group and considering the strength of the group TT Ankara should lead here. Dacka must at first compensate the losses.

In the lack of more interesting things for comment ,in Covid19 time ,I would do it on this topic . Since season 20-21 FCL would almost equalized with Eurocup .Good decision of Rytas,Bilbao,Darussafaka and Galatasaray for changing side ,because is obvious they are not quite welcome in Eca competitions .I think would be better for competition, lowering number of clubs ,with more clubs there is less quality .For example,Szombately or Lubin are clubs 5th range or 6th range in Europe .

Comment

Well, we'll have to see how the covid situation will influence different clubs. Names don't matter as much as they used to, when it comes to evaluating team potential. Normaly you got a somewhat adequate idea about where should an individual team be ranked, this time, I do't know... Nymburk might have a budget increase, snatch some good guard and C, while Zaragozza might decrease the budget 40% -> just as an example, not saying that would be the case. Covid will shake things up.

In Tofas case, well... some of those teams aren't coming from traditional basketball countries, but Nymburk has a tradition of some feisty defense and overall decent level, Falco was far from playing bad last year and both could easily snatch some home court victories over a "name sake" favourites on a good season. Not the toughest group out there, but not particulary easy either.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information