Carl Tamayo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allmight View Post
    Being an RDO clone is harder than we initially thought. RDO is just a do-it-all forward and he can shoot-dribble- and slash with very high reliability. He won't turn the ball over like Japeth would or shoot air balls (at least not consistent air balls) and he will not slash with no exit once stopped.

Rosario is not it chief and I don't think Tamayo is it either...yet. Is he even trying to pattern his game to RDO? I hope so.
    One significant upside I see in Tamayo is that he has decent handles for a "four". I remember him displaying such handles when he played for the Gilas "23 for 2023" cadet team that played in the 2028 Fil-oil Flying-V Preseason Cup. I think Tamayo was only 17 years old at that time & he didn't do badly in that tournament. For a 17-year old playing with & against players who are mostly in their early 20's, I think Tamayo made a good account of himself playing for the Gilas cadet team.

Outside shooting isn't really that impressive as of now but at only 19 years old, he can improve it through time.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      Pretty unrealistic, absurd and exaggerated to force Tamayo to slide down to 2-spot. A bit stretch with respect to his current skillset.

At 6'7, he is already a go at the 4-spot. Can be a 3 in short stretches but that's it.
      I agree. At his age (19?) I think it's too late for him to transition into being a real wing or guard. He will need to be a strong perimeter defender, develop strong ball handling skills and create scoring opportunities if forced to. If he works really hard under the right environment(abroad) and coaching, I honestly believe that he can be a solid stretch four that can moonlight as a small forward defending on the match ups. With his innate toughness plus his projected development (good passing, quality ball handling skills and reliable outside shooting) he can give a good account of himself against of opposing FIBA forwards. How I wish he can be our future Nocioni.

Comment

Originally posted by one21guns View Post
        I agree. At his age (19?) I think it's too late for him to transition into being a real wing or guard. He will need to be a strong perimeter defender, develop strong ball handling skills and create scoring opportunities if forced to. If he works really hard under the right environment(abroad) and coaching, I honestly believe that he can be a solid stretch four that can moonlight as a small forward defending on the match ups. With his innate toughness plus his projected development (good passing, quality ball handling skills and reliable outside shooting) he can give a good account of himself against of opposing FIBA forwards. How I wish he can be our future Nocioni.
        Was he the one guarding Kai in highschool? Somehow, he had been a catalyst in defeating the mighty Ateneo with Geo Chiu and Kai Sotto manning the frontlines, right? Sorry, I have not seen their matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunther77 View Post
          Was he the one guarding Kai in highschool? Somehow, he had been a catalyst in defeating the mighty Ateneo with Geo Chiu and Kai Sotto manning the frontlines, right? Sorry, I have not seen their matches.
          Yes, he was the one. He is also at least two years older. As we all know, at that age range (15 v. 17), there is a big difference in physical strength and coordination. Never mind the obvious height difference enjoyed by the then-ungainly Kai. My wallet’s lone Ninoy bill says that domination displayed by Carl against Kai isn’t happening again. 😊

Comment

Carl is just 1 year older than Kai.

Comment

Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
              Carl is just 1 year older than Kai.
              Per records submitted to SBP and FIBA, officially 15 months and change older, apparently . I officially stand corrected. Salamat. 😉

Comment

Carl Tamayo could train in EWP too based on his IG

Comment

Originally posted by Gusty View Post
                  Per records submitted to SBP and FIBA, officially 15 months and change older, apparently . I officially stand corrected. Salamat. ��
                  Is it really true, from Feb. 2000 to Feb. 2001??

Comment

Despite his potential, it seems he is content with what he has right now and doesn't want to take it to the next level like those who are training or playing abroad. Likely he'll turn out to be one of those what ifs.

Comment

Originally posted by cocoyg View Post
                      Despite his potential, it seems he is content with what he has right now and doesn't want to take it to the next level like those who are training or playing abroad. Likely he'll turn out to be one of those what ifs.
                      Tamayo is not going anywhere, as long as Goldwyn is the coach of NU.

Comment

Originally posted by sausaged View Post
                        Tamayo is not going anywhere, as long as Goldwyn is the coach of NU.
                        He follows what goldie advices him to do..
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          He follows what goldie advices him to do..
                          Madaming ganun na under sa kanya na gusto bumalik sa kanya. i saw one interview of Fran Yu he was supposed to be playing for UE again after Trail. together with his Chiang Kai teammates. pero that did not ponder.

Comment

so tamayo will be another Sangalang. good in the PBA but idiotic in FIBA. You can say that Tamayo played well in Greece but that is the youth tournament. Height and muscles don't come into play yet significantly. Once a Tamayo bred by the PBA meets FIBA players again in the future. He will play like Sangalang when Sangalang faced Iran, idiotic.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                              Not yet naman.. If he lands on a natianal team friendly teams when he goes to the PBA eh he can make adjustments.. just like Troy Rosario.. wag lang sa alam mo na!!! he will be a good back up stretch PF to AJ Edu and will be the Troy Rosario's replacement in the future.. anyway NU has FSA big man right? so definitely he will mostly play at 4 spot.. That's OK for me.. unless UAAP will also banning FSA's in the future (wag naman sana)..
                              He will be stuck in the UAAP. His game is nothing special for an established div 1 school to get him and play him huge minutes. If by any chance there is, NU has too much money to bank on this guy.

With dave leaving NU for Admu, hoping this didn't burn the bridge with NU not allowing Carl to join the gilas progeam

Comment

Sayang tong bata na to.

Trans: Tamayo is one of those rare prospects with an intriguing mix of height and offensive skills at such a young age. His potential can be so much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information