Carl Tamayo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
    Got a chance to listen to the Smarts Sports Podcast with Tab Baldwin. He basically said he practically loves Carl Tamayo because of his tenacity, and has high praises for him, short of calling him an "Asshole"....Asshole in a sense that, similar to Kobe and Jordan's kind of assholery

Some people mistakes his high confidence for arrogance.Everyday the kid is improving himself,now let's see how does all of that translate on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
      Got a chance to listen to the Smarts Sports Podcast with Tab Baldwin. He basically said he practically loves Carl Tamayo because of his tenacity, and has high praises for him, short of calling him an "Asshole"....Asshole in a sense that, similar to Kobe and Jordan's kind of assholery
      Any link bro?

Comment

• Carl Tamayo I think will have a big factor in gilas.

Especially this 3rd window.

"Asshole", or in other term " Killer Mentality" looked like what is coach tab liked about him

Comment

• We've seen him improved everytime he dons the jersey,I'm excited to see what he can deliver against a better opposition internationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
            Any link bro?

Coac tab: I am expecting Carl to walk in 6'5- 6'6". But He is clearly 6'8"

IF Carl is really 6'8",he will be a force to reckon with. Especially at the 4 position. Maybe sonetimes 3. But he is more of a 4.
            Last edited by mathematicianrcg; 04-28-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/3501...6681897739030/

IF Carl is really 6'8",he will be a force to reckon with. Especially at the 4 position. Maybe sonetimes 3. But he is more of a 4.
              He still has the height of a 4 anyway, so it's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                He still has the height of a 4 anyway, so it's all good.
                A taller RDO in the making, post moves, with a 3 pt range, gulang and Basketball IQ.. Better handles but I think RDO is the better comedian.. Future is bright for this kid...

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3501...6681897739030/

good. we now have our rdo heir apparent

Comment

• Phi Bucket just posted in youtube the recent interview on coach Tab in which one of the topics was Carl Tamayo. Tab said like he was surprised to find out that Carl is around 6-7/6-8 becoz he thought he is just 6-5/6-6. Coach Tab said like, (not the exact words) "Where have you been? How come I've never heard much about you?"

Coach Tab also talked about Tamayo's toughness inside the court & actually coach Tab struggled to find the word to best describe Tamayo's attitude inside the court. Tab obviously being cautious that the adjective he'll use to describe Tamayo might be interpreted negatively. But it doesn't take a genius to know what Tab is trying to imply.

That Tamayo has much toughness & competitiveness in him, which somewhat makes me ask: Why is it that most of us have the impression that Tamayo lacks the toughness & is somewhat "soft"?
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Phi Bucket just posted in youtube the recent interview on coach Tab in which one of the topics was Carl Tamayo. Tab said like he was surprised to find out that Carl is around 6-7/6-8 becoz he thought he is just 6-5/6-6. Coach Tab said like, (not the exact words) "Where have you been? How come I've never heard much about you?"

Coach Tab also talked about Tamayo's toughness inside the court & actually coach Tab struggled to find the word to best describe Tamayo's attitude inside the court. Tab obviously being cautious that the adjective he'll use to describe Tamayo might be interpreted negatively. But it doesn't take a genius to know what Tab is trying to imply.

That Tamayo has much toughness & competitiveness in him, which somewhat makes me ask: Why is it that most of us have the impression that Tamayo lacks the toughness & is somewhat "soft"?
                      Wait. What??? Tamayo is being criticize as soft???

During Ateneo Vs NU, Kai/Geo Vs Tamayo/Quiambao era. I think and remembered ateneo was having troubles to the physicality of the bulldogs especially by big men.

As much as I love Kai. There were instances and possession thar Tamayo outtough Kai.

Even in Batang Gilas , Tamayo have some good games. Enough to be noticed by an ncaa div 1 scout.

Coach Tab literally implying Carl Tamayo can be an enforcer.

Coach Tab: "In practice, When Isaac set an illegal screen to Carl's teammate. Carl made sure he will get a piece of Isaac the next play. "

Comment

During Ateneo Vs NU, Kai/Geo Vs Tamayo/Quiambao era. I think and remembered ateneo was having troubles to the physicality of the bulldogs especially by big men.

As much as I love Kai. There were instances and possession thar Tamayo outtough Kai.

Even in Batang Gilas , Tamayo have some good games. Enough to be noticed by an ncaa div 1 scout.

Coach Tab: "In practice, When Isaac set an illegal screen to Carl's teammate. Carl made sure he will get a piece of Isaac the next play. "
                        He has the proper attitude. Now he needs the skills. He must travel to Sensei RDO’s dojo to learn The Way of the Ninja Elbow.

Comment

Yes bro. I remember not too long ago "some" posters here saying Tamayo lacking some toughness & physicality. I have to admit, I also found Tamayo to be lacking some toughness but I was thinking such aspect can be addressed moving forward.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Yes bro. I remember not too long ago "some" posters here saying Tamayo lacking some toughness & physicality. I have to admit, I also found Tamayo to be lacking some toughness but I was thinking such aspect can be addressed moving forward.
                            The only criticism I can remember is his motor. He doesn’t try as hard in the regular season compared to say the finals where his stats go up. He could easily win an mvp if he tried in the regular season but his team is already so dominant.

But during the u19 he was strong, physical. Could post up guys taller than him

My take: I think he’s one of the few high school bigs that can have an impact already for the senior team because he’s already got the size and build of an international forward. His skillset as well would be useful

Comment

Could be the fact that Tamayo has been injury prone, not Soft in terms of physicality but Soft in the sense that his body can't take the rigors of intense basketball game Kay naiinjure Siya...

Comment

• Maybe Tamayo's recent one on one training with a Pinoy trainer of the Golden State Warriors has improved not only his skills but also his attitude inside the court which translates to playing with some toughness & physicality.

BTW, I like Tamayo's current physical form. He has really become significantly fitter now than compared to his stint with Batang Gilas in 2019 FIBA World U-19 Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information