Carl Tamayo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    and Abueva's energy,agility/mobility, motor and balls.
    man, i'd wish abueva's energy, motor and balls on all filipino players. he is topnotch.

Comment

Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
      yes sir he's currently a four right now, and i bet that's how he sees himself as well. but that's what im saying, him as a 4 is already a lock. being just 19, he can still develop and maybe move down a position or 2. just wishful thinking, anyway. i mean that's what i will do if i were him.
      Pretty unrealistic, absurd and exaggerated to force Tamayo to slide down to 2-spot. A bit stretch with respect to his current skillset.

At 6'7, he is already a go at the 4-spot. Can be a 3 in short stretches but that's it.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

Would proper training (high-tech or advanced ones, just like what Kai has been getting in the US a couple of months now) & hard work be enough for Tamayo to be converted to a legit small forward?

Lets face it, Tamayo wasn't born athletic & quick-footed. Proper training & hard work would enhance such weaknesses but they do have limits.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          Would proper training (high-tech or advanced ones, just like what Kai has been getting in the US a couple of months now) & hard work be enough for Tamayo to be converted to a legit small forward?

Lets face it, Tamayo wasn't born athletic & quick-footed. Proper training & hard work would enhance such weaknesses but they do have limits.
          I will be happy if Carl can surpass the feat RDO. We all know RDO fit in our national team. Being a bigger RDO is not bad.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

i just have high expectations of him, seeing that he has grown as a very good offensive player in the past couple of years.

as i said, i will not mind him being a taller RDO.

Comment

man, i'd wish abueva's energy, motor and balls on all filipino players. he is topnotch.
              amen bro

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              I will be happy if Carl can surpass the feat RDO. We all know RDO fit in our national team. Being a bigger RDO is not bad.
              i'm not saying that our good old hero hodor is weak, but if Carl could surpass the guy's physical strength and with that kind of shooting.We would be seeing greatness for the years to come for sure. Something like younger Rosario lacks as well, that's strength and ball control.

Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
              Like probably this guy, he's not the quickest guy but nimble enough to play small forward and has a decent handles. Give this guy Pings toughness and intensity and Abueva's motor, he's going to be an NBA player.
              Last edited by Alex07; 07-06-2020, 06:46 AM.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                Should I take that as a "No" answer for my question: Would proper training (high-tech or advanced ones, just like what Kai has been getting in the US a couple of months now) & hard work be enough for Tamayo to be converted to a legit small forward?

I think its no brainer that a 6-foot-7 version of RDO would be good enough for Gilas. Specially since Tamayo is projected to be the reliever of AJ Edu at the "four" spot. I say we just leave the 3-spot to Kobe Paras, Calvin Oftana, Rayray Parks & Dwight Ramos (who can play both the 2 & 3 spots).
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

carl tamayo = dennis espino with 3-point shot?

i remember espino was already money on 20-foot jumpers.

Comment

carl tamayo = dennis espino with 3-point shot?

i remember espino was already money on 20-foot jumpers.
                    Dennis "The Menace" Espino never lacked toughness & was very physical.

The Japanese could attest to that

Comment

Espino also had excellent post-up moves, was a good interior defender & rebounder.

You're right, Espino had a pretty decent medium-range jumper. 15 to 19 feet open shots were money for him during his prime. I'll rate Espino higher than Jun Limpot, Eric Menk & Danny Ildefonso as among the big men that played for the Phi team during that era.

Comment

I would love to see him play 3. Hope he develops his quickness and mobility. In this era of basketball, most good teams have 6'7" to 6'11" wings. Let our 6'4"- 6'6" wings play 1 and 2.

Comment

I think we are in the era of taller is somewhat more important than talent.

For ex. Thirdy Ravena and Dave Ildefonso. Obviously Thirdy(the finals MVP) is the better player.

But for Fiba matchups, you would want to develop Dave(6'5) than Thirdy(6'1) right? Just because of the height.

As for Carl Tamayo, We just wanted him to be a Taller Version of RDO. Remember Rdo Can play the 3 in spurts

Comment

Being an RDO clone is harder than we initially thought. RDO is just a do-it-all forward and he can shoot-dribble- and slash with very high reliability. He won't turn the ball over like Japeth would or shoot air balls (at least not consistent air balls) and he will not slash with no exit once stopped.

Rosario is not it chief and I don't think Tamayo is it either...yet. Is he even trying to pattern his game to RDO? I hope so.

Comment

DLSU's Santi Santillan (White #25) played as 3 against UC Irvine and I think in other games as well..he looks decent as 3, I think a trimmed down Tamayo would have done a better job (theoretically).

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I think K Quiambao needs to learn to play small forward as well.

Last edited by Alex07; 07-06-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information