No announcement yet.

Carl Tamayo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Tamayo is 6'8 19 yrs old. Hope he grow an inch or two.

I can see him really as a taller and more agile version of RDO.

In 2023,Edu-23,Tamayo-22,Sotto-21.

If Tamayo will have a great performance in UP. I could choose him over Troy(If I will choose between the two)

Troy was mentioned to be the next RDO. But I think Tamayo is really the one who deserves that notion

Comment

• I think the problem for Tamayo, for now, is his defense. I think he is more of a taller Arvin Tolentino rather than an RDO.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
        The problem is he is still in UP until 4-5 years... I doubt UP will release him in 2023.. even before 2023, You know how hard borrowing players from college teams.. and he's in UP.. He will also doing studies there.. So getting Tamayo especially in under UAAP season is next to impossible... He can only join Gilas only from January - April (or off season), it means he can only join Gilas in February windows..
        Has UP showed any signs of apprehension of lending Kobe Paras, 1GDL & Ricci Rivero to the National pool in the past? From what I remember, UP didn't have issue allowing Kobe, 1GDL & Ricci Rivero to play for the "23 for 2023" cadet pool in the 2018 Fil-oil Flying-V Preseason Cup. This despite UP also a participant in that college preseason tournament.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Carl Tamayo is 6'8 19 yrs old. Hope he grow an inch or two.

I can see him really as a taller and more agile version of RDO.

In 2023,Edu-23,Tamayo-22,Sotto-21.

If Tamayo will have a great performance in UP. I could choose him over Troy(If I will choose between the two)

Troy was mentioned to be the next RDO. But I think Tamayo is really the one who deserves that notion
          If Tamayo is indeed 6'8" (203 cm) bare foot, i think that's good enough. At 19 we can't expect a lot more growth spurt but of course it would be ideal if there is still some more developments in his body. I think he could emulate guys like Luis Scola, by perfecting his post game and being a rebounding monster.Even guys like Dennis Rodman who were just 6'7 did an excellent job in defending and getting the rebounds or he could work on a bit of his athleticism and improve on his strength and physique like Ben Wallace. If he could combine all the good qualities of Scola (offensive skills,footwork and outside shooting),Rodman (rebounding IQ,Passing,defensive IQ and EQ) and Wallace (Strength and Athleticism), that would be the best.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            The problem is he is still in UP until 4-5 years... I doubt UP will release him in 2023.. even before 2023, You know how hard borrowing players from college teams.. and he's in UP.. He will also doing studies there.. So getting Tamayo especially in under UAAP season is next to impossible... He can only join Gilas only from January - April (or off season), it means he can only join Gilas in February windows..
            I still think Bo is the problem in UP. .

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              I still think Bo is the problem in UP. .
              UP is excellent in recruiting this year.

I just cannit understabd why are they settling with coach perasol

Comment

• again, i'm expressing my panghihinayang for the potential of this kid. buti pa si quiambao, he has prospects of playing as an SF in DLSU. I wish tamayo's case is similar in UP. i understand tamayo playing as a stretch-4 is already a blessing for ph basketball. but considering his skills at his age, he can be so much more.

Comment

• Gabe seems to think Tamayo has potential to be a 3 but he’s probably looking at it from an offensive standpoint

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                    If Tamayo is indeed 6'8" (203 cm) bare foot, i think that's good enough. At 19 we can't expect a lot more growth spurt but of course it would be ideal if there is still some more developments in his body. I think he could emulate guys like Luis Scola, by perfecting his post game and being a rebounding monster.Even guys like Dennis Rodman who were just 6'7 did an excellent job in defending and getting the rebounds or he could work on a bit of his athleticism and improve on his strength and physique like Ben Wallace. If he could combine all the good qualities of Scola (offensive skills,footwork and outside shooting),Rodman (rebounding IQ,Passing,defensive IQ and EQ) and Wallace (Strength and Athleticism), that would be the best.
                    Tamayo needs to change those baby fats with pure muscles

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post

Gabe seems to think Tamayo has potential to be a 3 but he’s probably looking at it from an offensive standpoint
                      Yeah, in offensive standpoint but Carl's offensive repertoire resembles much of a power forward than a small forward. Small forward's offense is closer to those of shooting guard's.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                        Yeah, in offensive standpoint but Carl's offensive repertoire resembles much of a power forward than a small forward. Small forward's offense is closer to those of shooting guard's.
                        Correct.

That is why most of our 3's in the National team are actually natural 2's. Talking about Caidic, Hontiveros, Lassiter, Matt Wright.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          Correct.

That is why most of our 3's in the National team are actually natural 2's. Talking about Caidic, Hontiveros, Lassiter, Matt Wright.
                          First group: Yeah, Kawhi, KD, Larry Bird, LeBron James and Melo are great small forwards but they don't play the shooting guard spot. They would play more power forward than to be shooting guards and that's evident in their playing styles in the offensive end.

2nd group: Demar DeRozan, Utah Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Pre-injury Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Kobe Bryant, Andre Iguodala and Michael Jordan are perfect examples of players that are bonafide small forwards. Some of these are natural 2 but can play the 3 while others are natural 3 but can play the 2. But 2 and 3 spots are always in the perimeter and these two can switch on the other side of the perimeter area to another. Hence, the term "swingman".

Compare the first group to the second group in terms of offensive styles and body physique as well and you will see the difference.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• @ja.he

which group would you put a Scottie Pippen?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                              First group: Yeah, Kawhi, KD, Larry Bird, LeBron James and Melo are great small forwards but they don't play the shooting guard spot. They would play more power forward than to be shooting guards and that's evident in their playing styles in the offensive end.

2nd group: Demar DeRozan, Utah Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Pre-injury Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Kobe Bryant, Andre Iguodala and Michael Jordan are perfect examples of players that are bonafide small forwards. Some of these are natural 2 but can play the 3 while others are natural 3 but can play the 2. But 2 and 3 spots are always in the perimeter and these two can switch on the other side of the perimeter area to another. Hence, the term "swingman".

Compare the first group to the second group in terms of offensive styles and body physique as well and you will see the difference.
                              Your first group is called "Combo Forwards"(Can play Sf/Pf)

Your second group is called " Swingman" (Can play Sg/Sf)

There are also called "Combo Guard" (Can Play Pg/Sg)

Then " Big Man"(Can play Pf/C)

Also " Point Forward" ( Can Play Pg/F)

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                Your first group is called "Combo Forwards"(Can play Sf/Pf)

Your second group is called " Swingman" (Can play Sg/Sf)

There are also called "Combo Guard" (Can Play Pg/Sg)

Then " Big Man"(Can play Pf/C)

Also " Point Forward" ( Can Play Pg/F)
                                There are also "unicorns" or centers who possessed guard skills.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information