Carl Tamayo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
    Carl (and other pinoy propspects) could only be drafted in NBA even slim chance if he's playing college ball in US or basketball club in Europe. i'm not seeing him taking his talent overseas for the next two years.
    Do note , the international players (like Australia and NZ) that enter a US college, are not counted in the international prospect list, as they are reclassified as US based prospects.

Comment

Carl (and other pinoy propspects) could only be drafted in NBA even slim chance if he's playing college ball in US or basketball club in Europe. i'm not seeing him taking his talent overseas for the next two years.
      Especially with the UAAP possible to return on February 22. He's staying put here for a while.

I do hope he has a short UAAP career. He might not grow here, unless if Monteverde can develop him better than he already did at NSNU and Tab did with Gilas. That would make him a really attractive overseas prospect.

Comment

What About NBL Australia? Are you counting it as europe? It is Oceania.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
          Carl Tamayo should watch Harry Froling's style of play..
          Originally posted by Trae Yong View Post
          agree 100%! I think we can develop our 6'6-6'7 guys to have an inside outside game like that
          If Carl can watch this game, hope he's noticing.

Comment

• NBL stint possible? The question is, is he capable of playing in NBL?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
              NBL stint possible? The question is, is he capable of playing in NBL?
              Nope, the first question is if there are teams who are willing to sign him as SRP?

I like Carl. But I am not sure if he is( or will be) even getting offers from NBL Australia teams.

Anyway, Pretty sure he will just play in UP this upcoming season. After that, let's see what offers will he get.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                Nope, the first question is if there are teams who are willing to sign him as SRP?

I like Carl. But I am not sure if he is( or will be) even getting offers from NBL Australia teams.

Anyway, Pretty sure he will just play in UP this upcoming season. After that, let's see what offers will he get.
                Yeah, Carl will play with UP this year. Helps that he's reunited with his old coach, Goldwyn Monteverde. Pretty sure that Monteverde would help in Carl's development.

Hope Carl will be good enough to play in any overseas league, even if it's B.League or KBL. The bigman competition would be better (as there are imports, who are bigger and/or more athletic than locals) and he won't have to play center as much. Heck, he can play SF in some instances.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                  NBL stint possible? The question is, is he capable of playing in NBL?
                  Yes he is as an SRP, the problem is not to expect minutes like most SRP's.
                  he actually has received inquiries already. now problem here is his school LOL .. (they're reluctant for obvious reasons)

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    Yes he is as an SRP, the problem is not to expect minutes like most SRP's.
                    he actually has received inquiries already. now problem here is his school LOL .. (they're reluctant for obvious reasons)
                    No offers? Only inquiries?

Basically, they just asked about tamayo?

Still, a good thing for him. Nice to see our talents being recognized.

But yeah, he will be in UP

Comment

No offers? Only inquiries?

Basically, they just asked about tamayo?

Still, a good thing for him. Nice to see our talents being recognized.

But yeah, he will be in UP
                      I'm positive he will get an offer if only his camp is amenable and open to it.

understand in the Philippines who calls the shots.. (the powers that be)

Comment

• I hope Carl plays only two years at most in UP. He'll have a better shot developing abroad, whether East Asia or even the NBL (if he has a chance). He might end up just bullying his competition, especially at PF.

Still, even if he plays out 4 or 5 years, I hope he can go abroad first. He has the talent and skill to play in the B.League or probably KBL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          I hope Carl plays only two years at most in UP. He'll have a better shot developing abroad, whether East Asia or even the NBL (if he has a chance). He might end up just bullying his competition, especially at PF.

Still, even if he plays out 4 or 5 years, I hope he can go abroad first. He has the talent and skill to play in the B.League or probably KBL.
                          Yep. I mean an Older balti received some international offers.

Tamayo would probably attract more eyes when he play well in UP.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                            I'm positive he will get an offer if only his camp is amenable and open to it.

understand in the Philippines who calls the shots.. (the powers that be)
                            Hmmm. A little off topic.

This does mean that GENERALLY, our most talented young players (talent wise) have the capabilities of being a bench or rotational players in NBL Australia (which I think 2nd or 3rd best league in the world)?

I mean Kai is doing it right now. Butit will be interesting if there are a handful that will follow his path.

I dont know, But that speaks volume on the individual talent of our players if ever.

Unfortunately, if it is true. That will just even more confirmed the lack of basketball development system in our country.

Comment

Hmmm. A little off topic.

This does mean that GENERALLY, our most talented young players (talent wise) have the capabilities of being a bench or rotational players in NBL Australia (which I think 2nd or 3rd best league in the world)?

I mean Kai is doing it right now. Butit will be interesting if there are a handful that will follow his path.

I dont know, But that speaks volume on the individual talent of our players if ever.

Unfortunately, if it is true. That will just even more confirmed the lack of basketball development system in our country.
                              Most of talented young pinoys (homegrown) couldn’t play defense and also couldn’t be effective when playing without the ball.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                I hope Carl plays only two years at most in UP. He'll have a better shot developing abroad, whether East Asia or even the NBL (if he has a chance). He might end up just bullying his competition, especially at PF.

2years staying at UP is very critical. Tamayo could end up like ian sangalang (pba style of play) if he would stay in college for 5years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information