Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Kaunas Zalgiris Thread

It was mistake, but the logic was simple - to take another PG (Zemaitis) who himself is not all that bad defender. Coaching staff was thinking about what if one of Jokubaitis/Lekavicius goes down. In that case Zemaitis would have played more. Could Dimsa change something? Hard to say. More like no, specially that he looked really bleak and off in the camp. Dimsa has an advantages of freshness now and not having much of pressure. He knows his contract is no biggie, he knows no-one will care if he will suck. Whatever good he does it's like unexpected bonus. And recently there's plenty of that.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

I dont think 10-12th bench player is changing final result,their job is give 5 honest minutes.

Final result is top 9 players.

On bench could sit Dimsa,Birutis,Sedekerskis or Zemaitis,Echodas,Zukauskas doesnt matter on final result if 10-12th players combined averaging under 5minutes per game like in 2022.

Its on main 9 players.

But now emotionally every decent guard defender looks sexy to my eyes. After watching Brazdeikis,Lekavicius,Jokubaitis ale defence on perimeter in eurobasket

But now emotionally every decent guard defender looks sexy to my eyes. After watching Brazdeikis,Lekavicius,Jokubaitis ale defence on perimeter in eurobasket
    OK, this is really funny! Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    I dont think 10-12th bench player is changing final result,their job is give 5 honest minutes.

Final result is top 9 players.

On bench could sit Dimsa,Birutis,Sedekerskis or Zemaitis,Echodas,Zukauskas doesnt matter on final result if 10-12th players combined averaging under 5minutes per game like in 2022.

Its on main 9 players.

Bottom line is that we are still not as good as we were in 90s and 00's and first half of 10's was just a fluke. We won medals with average team when many things went our way, but that was more of exception, not a rule. Knowing our current talent pool - basically having starters only in position 5 - our inability to win is completely objective. That is most likely narrative at least till 2025 too.

I'm just happy that we slowly building some talent since 2019. The fall from 2015 to 2019 was huge and most depressive ever if you ask me. Now we add something each summer, that's the process.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

your future predictions is same as reading horoscope everybody can write same biased like/dislike fantasy about future.

I dont believe flukes repeats in 2010,2013,2014,2015 when Nt played 2 finals + 2 semifinals.

Fluke can happen once in 10 years,when it happend 4 times in 6 tournaments im sorry thats not a fluke.

NT 2010-2015 had real floor general,we had defenders,we had good coaching and team had winning character + main players fit together.

NT since 2017 missing diffrent parts in what makes team winning and its not just individual tallent.

Ofcourse competion become stronger and stronger + using 3point line so much made bigger variance in results than we ever had in basketball.

Used to be having best player meant alot,now NT can have top 5 world player but even average opponnets ale Finland/Italy type simply can make 17-18 3pointers in one game and eliminate top 5 world player.

That rarely was happening in 00s,forget in 90s with 2-3 non shooters on the floor all the time.Now it happens on same tournament multiple times when weaker NT simply outshoots better team.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 12-06-2022 at 02:10 PM.

What was your point exactly? I'm not sure you know yourself...

My point is much more general. I agree that to certain extent 2010-2015 NT >>> 2019-2022 (even though it would be the clash between defensive and offensive teams and no-one knows who would win, but I also would bet for defensive team, but it's really really close if there's any difference at all cause the competition in 2019-2022 is incomparably higher than it was in 2010-2015).

That general point is. In 90's and 00's we simply were at different class. There's nothing to discuss there. Don't even start about bench, this and that. Give me 1992 roster and we are medaling, period. We had he best starting line-up in Europe. 4 elite player, 4 true starters. 2 of them were literally unstoppable players. And today offensively they would be exactly the same (Sabonis off course would suffer more defensively today, but he suffered in 90s too. Serbia dished us with threes in 1995 EB final). 90's top teams were really good. Croatia, Yugo, Greece, Russia, Australia, let alone best USA of all time.

Early 10's team doesn't match 90's and 00's. That's it. There's nothing to discuss. We can only discuss which team is better 2010-2015 or 2019-2022. That's a good debate. To compare any of these to 90s and 00's is an absurd.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 12-06-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Lekavicius out for at least a month. It means Dimsa, D. Giedraitis, Kalnietis has to step up.

Iggy is really becoming frustrated. He had too much stress and intense learning last half of a year. His body language says he's really frustrated. I would give him few days off, that could be the best he can get now. The way he reacted to Butkevicius is pretty bad. It's like he frustrated that everyone is teaching him around.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    We won medals with average team
    Aren't you tired writing bullshit about that team being ''average''. Seriously, you wrote it many times. It was not average. It was strong. Just not strong in terms of talent, but in terms of coach, defense, character and pg who played in NT much better than in his club career. That team was strong. Medals were a consequence of that (with a bit of luck which is normal for almost any game). Period (like you like to write).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Aren't you tired writing bullshit about that team being ''average''. Seriously, you wrote it many times. It was not average. It was strong. Just not strong in terms of talent, but in terms of coach, defense, character and pg who played in NT much better than in his club career. That team was strong. Medals were a consequence of that (with a bit of luck which is normal for almost any game). Period (like you like to write).
    Compere these:

Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis, Karnisovas (1992)
    Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Siskauskas, Stombergas (2003)

with

Kleiza, Kalnietis, Pocius, Maciulis (2010)
    Kalnietis, Kleiza, Maciulis, Seibutis (2013)
    Valanciunas, Maciulis, Kalnietis, Jankunas (2015)

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Compere these:

Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis, Karnisovas (1992)
    Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Siskauskas, Stombergas (2003)

with

Kleiza, Kalnietis, Pocius, Maciulis (2010)
    Kalnietis, Kleiza, Maciulis, Seibutis (2013)
    Valanciunas, Maciulis, Kalnietis, Jankunas (2015)
    You are simply not logical. If something or someone is better than smth or someone else, it doesn't mean than the latter is not good. Especially, when it is about different epochs.
    1992 and 2003 teams were superior. But it doesn't mean at all that 2010 and 2013 teams were not good. Turn on logic.

And what kind of complexes do you have so that you repeat that team was average? Because it clearly was not average. It's not only about medals, but about strong sides that team had that i already mentioned. Do you know any other evaluation criteria except talent?
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; Yesterday at 02:22 PM.

Multiple results of 5 years period shown it wasnt average by europe/worlds standarts.

One fan with limited understanding of basketball that by all means refusing to see facts useless to try to convince him.

Dinosour expert sees only individual teoritical tallents of players but have no clue about what is winning players traits and what makes winning teams.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223