Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Augustas is a very skilled passer but a very bad decision maker so far
    Why I feel this is remark from 17yo Augustas crappy campaign in U18 EC? Believe me, his decision making is at high level for 18yo nipple, and i like that he's wild sometimes. That's how it should be.

As for the guys who can really unlock the D with their ISO effort, it's not only Augustas and Rokas as candidates, but also Brazdeikis and Velicka. Specially Brazdeikis, he's an ISO scorer. Struggles at D and system BB, but he can really go ISO.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      I see what you mean and I agree. However, it matters because true NBA prospect/material means that you have special player, the one who can prevail in all leagues of the world and likely can drag NT on his own shoulders literally (if that's not traditional center because traditional bruisers are limited in tiny and rigid FIBA courts). And looking historically, most of the times we were lead by NBA players. 1992–1999 Marciulionis, Sabonis. 2009–2013 Kleiza, 2014–2019 Valanciunas. Golden stretch 2000–2007 is an exception, and we still had Songaila, Jasikevicius, Macijauskas as NBA players to some extent and even maybe the best fit to NBA Siskauskas as potential NBA player all these years. The best example is always this: who would you take? Prime Jasikevicius, or prime Marciulionis? There's no question prime Marciulionis would rip Jasikevicius apart and would spit his blood all over the court, it wouldn't even be close. If we ever again have solid NBA guard, most likely that will be huge (even if NBA changed and soften since Rooney days a lot, but still) and special most likely. I'm all fine with good or elite EL players, you can win titles and Olympic medals with such breed, but true NBA player probably means that you have someone who can climb all over USA team defences, something special.
      I would take Jasikevicius over any other player. Of course prime Marciulionis was stronger due to his physicality, but Saras was the highiest IQ and coach on the court. Even when he couldn't run he could make the difference. I would choose his brain here. Him and Macijauskas imo were not suited for NBA at all but they were better than many solid NBA players in FIBA tournaments thar are different than American basketball. Greek freak was NBA MVP but he wasn't scary in FIBA games last time. Any strong team firstly should be lead by the fact it's a good and strong team with a string coach and defence. And only secondly by the individuals. Like Kazlauskas's Lithuania. Or f.e. an opposite one like Italy who had couple of strong NBA players like Belineli, Galinari, Bargnani and was lead by them but lacked the team and its chemistry. Of course having NBA material is exciting but i'm affected by Lithuanian basketball and because of that EL prospects don't excite me less.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
        I would take Jasikevicius over any other player. Of course prime Marciulionis was stronger due to his physicality, but Saras was the highiest IQ and coach on the court. Even when he couldn't run he could make the difference. I would choose his brain here. Him and Macijauskas imo were not suited for NBA at all but they were better than many solid NBA players in FIBA tournaments thar are different than American basketball. Greek freak was NBA MVP but he wasn't scary in FIBA games last time. Any strong team firstly should be lead by the fact it's a good and strong team with a string coach and defence. And only secondly by the individuals. Like Kazlauskas's Lithuania. Or f.e. an opposite one like Italy who had couple of strong NBA players like Belineli, Galinari, Bargnani and was lead by them but lacked the team and its chemistry. Of course having NBA material is exciting but i'm affected by Lithuanian basketball and because of that EL prospects don't excite me less.
        It's just that Saras sucked at D Man, it's tough... I believe Saras is a bit overrated when it comes to such comparisons. F.e. 2004 OG. He was great in group stage, but then sucked against China in 4 finals and against Italy in semis. And overall I don't see how his IQ and everything (it's not like Rooney couldn't facilitate) transcends the fact that his 14pts and 8assists as best tournament is nowhere near to Marciulionis' 23.4pts and 8assists. Marciulionis was way better player any where as long as it's a basketball court. My take anyway.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I don't even argue that individually he was a better player. But the topic was a bit different - who you would choose in the team. It would be easier to find other players who would fill the gaps of what could provide Marciulionis and replace him (not fully of course). On the other hand there simply wouldn't be any Lithuanian players who could bring Saras's IQ. Also IMO you underrate this point here which is like i said was "coach on the court". Jasikevicius showed his elite coach potential not when he became Zalgiris's head coach but already a long time before when he played.

Comment

It's pleasure to watch "Lithuanian" core in Grigonis, Lekavicius, Jokubaitis. Now Zalgiris needs to bring back Kaunas' and Zalgiris' product Velicka in a year or two instead of Walkup, and Zalgiris has the backcourt for entire decade Great start of the season.

The fact that all Zalgiris' school products in Grigonis, Lekavicius, Jokubaitis and Velicka prevailing into true EL material is an impressive precendent. Specially that even Paulius Motiejunas talked that Zalgiris is not able to rise their own players. This should increase their belief in Youth sector.
            Last edited by Straight forward; 10-13-2020, 07:08 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Imagine this hypotetical team of Zalgiris' school of last 10 years:

Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Velicka
              Grigonis, Valinskas
              Ulanovas, Dimsa
              Kulboka, Murauskas, Miniotas
              Echodas, Birutis

It's not like Zalgiris' youth system is completely useless. I'm sure I missed someone.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Jokubaitis was discovered by Zalgiris at Y-19 WC. Borderline case
                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  Jokubaitis was discovered by Zalgiris at Y-19 WC. Borderline case
                  Probably, but he's like brain and scull Zalgiris' product overall. Beliauskas also played his first NKL season for Zalgiris, so we can count him in too.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Probably, but he's like brain and scull Zalgiris' product overall. Beliauskas also played his first NKL season for Zalgiris, so we can count him in too.
                    You get 50% of Jokubaitis and 15% of Beliauskas

Comment

Jokubaitis was 17 when he played in WC U19. Right after he joined Zalgiris2 team. I give Zalgiris all the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        Jokubaitis was 17 when he played in WC U19. Right after he joined Zalgiris2 team. I give Zalgiris all the credit.
                        Yep I was wrong

NEP = https://www.rkl.lt/zaidejai/rokas-jokubaitis

Comment

Kuzminskas before moving to Siauliai played a season in Perlas, but you wouldn't count him for Rytas school just like Bieliauskas and Miniotas who were raised by Klaipeda and Vilnius schools but then they were signed by Zalgiris second team and played there a season or two.

Jokubaitis btw also didn't play in Zalgiris school, but in Klaipeda, but then he was signed for long term by Zalgiris when he was already a promising one. I would say it's more a good scouting. It would be a case of Velicka and Barcelona if he would succeed in their youth system and then got to the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                            Kuzminskas before moving to Siauliai played a season in Perlas, but you wouldn't count him for Rytas school just like Bieliauskas and Miniotas who were raised by Klaipeda and Vilnius schools but then they were signed by Zalgiris second team and played there a season or two.

Jokubaitis btw also didn't play in Zalgiris school, but in Klaipeda, but then he was signed for long term by Zalgiris when he was already a promising one. I would say it's more a good scouting. It would be a case of Velicka and Barcelona if he would succeed in their youth system and then got to the first team.
                            Sure. I meant Zalgiris product in a broad sense. But youth Zalgiris school isn't that bad when you look restrospectively now. When Rytas had Sirvydis, Tubelis, Marciulionis, Blazevic, the common sense was that Zalgiris school is toothless. But with closer look it produced pretty nice amount of talent. Good scouting and ability to attract interesting players is a heck of a skill. We also should mention Gudaitis. So plenty of true EL players came in last 10 years and things look nice with already prevailing Jokubaitis, Velicka and Murauskas balling in the reserve team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Lekavicius shooting numbers thus far though 73/57/100. Young vet balling. Grigonis also shooting with absolutely elite accuracy 47.1% threes. Jokubaitis' midrange game is scary, the pull up looks oiled, 62.5% 2FG. If he will develop three shooting, gonna get scary. Elite decision making and solid D already there.

From trash to goat? Wonder what folks like Tiskevic thinks now, he was ready to rip Schiller apart and to eat his ticking heart, even mocked his speaking style Exceeding expectations thus far, I'm so happy initial plan (recipe for disaster) to go with "Lith stud" didn't work out.

What's your opinion on T. Sabonis? I noticed his emotional consulting to Jokubaitis on the bench. How to know he has any clue what is he talking about? As a player, wasn't a high IQ player, also seemed to have laid back, cocky personality...Really looks like typical nepotism case, but I hope I'm wrong. To me he reaches too far as a beginner. Not exactly the PRO that I would like to see Jokubaitis taking notes from during the game, LOL.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Lekavicius shooting numbers thus far though 73/57/100. Young vet balling. Grigonis also shooting with absolutely elite accuracy 47.1% threes. Jokubaitis' midrange game is scary, the pull up looks oiled, 62.5% 2FG. If he will develop three shooting, gonna get scary. Elite decision making and solid D already there.

From trash to goat? Wonder what folks like Tiskevic thinks now, he was ready to rip Schiller apart and to eat his ticking heart, even mocked his speaking style Exceeding expectations thus far, I'm so happy initial plan (recipe for disaster) to go with "Lith stud" didn't work out.

What's your opinion on T. Sabonis? I noticed his emotional consulting to Jokubaitis on the bench. How to know he has any clue what is he talking about? As a player, wasn't a high IQ player, also seemed to have laid back, cocky personality...Really looks like typical nepotism case, but I hope I'm wrong. To me he reaches too far as a beginner. Not exactly the PRO that I would like to see Jokubaitis taking notes from during the game, LOL.
                                He just seems passionate about the game. Kind of in Saras way. Obv Im not comparing them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information