Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kaunas Zalgiris Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    My thoughts too. I'd guess that Žalgiris would really have to come up with a big money offer to induce Vaidas Kariniauskas to leave a club where he's a starter and join a club where he might get mostly bench time.

Yeah, some 400k and they might have a talk with him. That's with the strong condition that Utena's club wouldn't offer more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

My thoughts too. I'd guess that Žalgiris would really have to come up with a big money offer to induce Vaidas Kariniauskas to leave a club where he's a starter and join a club where he might get mostly bench time.

Not exactly I believe Zalgiris won't try too hard, if they will at all. It's more like Zalgiris and opportunity to play in big organisation and EL, but in reality play little vs some good average level foreign club or maybe some richer local club like Rytas, but play important role, all options for more or less the same money. Kariniauskas still has a deal with Juventus, but his agent for sure secured a buy out clause there, and not a big one. I guess Kariniauskas might get now some 60-70k and could expect some 100+ k for next season. Too high for Juve, but not for other options I mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yeah, some 400k and they might have a talk with him. That's with the strong condition that Utena's club wouldn't offer more.
    Ffs man, nearly choked on my drink. I got a bit angry with this. Good one, i will give you that .
    But also ... Sabeckis was signed with less credits to his game , so...
    Also, with Lukas and Rokas staying I don't see the need for Zalgiris to consider him.
    But if and or when Zalgiris decides to save money ,here we go .
    Lets not forget about Lundberg - just some guy chilling in VTB i have never heard about before, playing few decent games in Euros , and suddenly he gets sign by CSKA.
    Similar age and circumstances , shit happens .
    Last edited by auris1; 04-19-2021 at 01:09 AM.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Ffs man, nearly choked on my drink. I got a bit angry with this. Good one, i will give you that .
    But also ... Sabeckis was signed with less credits to his game , so...
    Also, with Lukas and Rokas staying I don't see the need for Zalgiris to consider him.
    But if and or when Zalgiris decides to save money ,here we go .
    Lets not forget about Lundberg - just some guy chilling in VTB i have never heard about before, playing few decent games in Euros , and suddenly he gets sign by CSKA.
    Similar age and circumstances , shit happens .
    Yeah, I remember that he's your guy. You were high on both him and Dimsa (Sedekerskis prevailing though). Kariniauskas is pretty good, but nevertheless I doubt he would have much success in EL. If there will be some room, why not to try him, but I'm not holding my breath.

Any thoughts on Jerian Grant?

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Any thoughts on Jerian Grant?
    Read the rumours some week ago about Zalgiris being interested in him. The same like JaCorey Williams, Michineau. So hard to say how reliable it is. On other hand Jerian is interesting player, who would suit Schiller game

Yeah, I remember that he's your guy. You were high on both him and Dimsa (Sedekerskis prevailing though). Kariniauskas is pretty good, but nevertheless I doubt he would have much success in EL. If there will be some room, why not to try him, but I'm not holding my breath.
    You are right i guess - the way I remember is that the year they played in Zalgiris together (Lekavicius and Kariniauskas ) they were both pretty bad , It was pretty clear only one of them would stay for next season and my choice was Kariniauskas .
    What i didn't know at the time that apparently Lukas dedication and work rate was out of this world ( le3ast to Lithuanian standards ) where Kariniauskas took years to mature enough to try and get his game sorted.
    Today situation isn't like I rate him higher than Lukas anymore , but i am glad of how his hard work ,i assume ,got him back in contention .
    Also - we pretty much know Lukas strong game and capabilities at that . I feel Kariniauskas can still surprise at least few of us of to where he can go . Thats a bloody course of some Lithuanians in general maturing way to late , comparatively .

Dimsa was a different case - it was that bloody good for us under 20 WC , where we got bronze medals after beating Australia for third with Exum Dante , if memory serves me right . That game made a lasting impre4sion for me , i don't know why .
    So there was Lukas , Grigonis and Dimsa , some others as well i don't remember in the mix. Dimsa came out for me with most memorable performance , he scored so crazy three pointer at vital time , cool as cucumber etc. Lekavicius was just some small dude running fast but i do remember USA commentary complimenting his speed . For me he seemed as a guy ,like oh no , there is no future for you buddy . I think i made same mistake with Danisevicius from Alytus , not a great player by any means , but holding his place deservedly in his team .
    But common _ ginger is the greatest of them all ? Who the fuck knew at the time ? Definitely not Zalgiris , or me.
    So to round the story up - when it came to Lukas vs Kariniauskas i already had a predisposition against Lukas. My bad .

I don't get the thing you said about Sedekerskis . Honestly.
    I have never been a fan of him until i started watching Baskonia because of Giedraitis. Game after game he got more and more minutes .It was hard not to like him , it was hard to like him because of how invisible his game is .
    So that's another round up to this post - Sedekerskis was invisible and bland and boring in Klaipeda , with so many injury catalogue and no real future , wasted talent , that's how he looked at the time . A year later - he is a starting five in our NT team. The guy is ripped and sharp , playing his best game at highest level .
    So i am reading that Kariniauskas got fucked up, thats the game i wanted to watch after i finished my work tonight ,too bad... Still , i think he can do way better

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    I don't get the thing you said about Sedekerskis . Honestly.
    It was 2015 summer. 17yo Sedekerskis balling for U18EC NT. Putting up impressive 12,6/ 7/ 2,3 off the bench. You said something like "that Sedekerskis kid is really smooth, one day he might be the best NT player". Maybe just a fragmental impression at Youth level and you didn't stick with it, but that comment took place.

Jokubaitis and Barselona rumour confirmed. Mixed feeling. I think he should become one of Zalgiris leaders first (next season probably). On other hand, that probably also means that Saras doesn't believe Jokubaitis will become NBA player. Maybe they think it's a good move either way. If he goes to NBA Barsa will get a buyout and if he stays they have a long term piece at the backcourt. What is Jokubaitis' buyout for EL teams now anyway? From Jokubaitis standpoint he would get much better money, but less freedom. At this point of career I would choose freedom and playing minutes. There's no point to rush the department to top clubs.

Jokubaitis and Barselona rumour confirmed. Mixed feeling. I think he should become one of Zalgiris leaders first (next season probably). On other hand, that probably also means that Saras doesn't believe Jokubaitis will become NBA player. Maybe they think it's a good move either way. If he goes to NBA Barsa will get a buyout and if he stays they have a long term piece at the backcourt. What is Jokubaitis' buyout for EL teams now anyway? From Jokubaitis standpoint he would get much better money, but less freedom. At this point of career I would choose freedom and playing minutes. There's no point to rush the department to top clubs.
    Where was it confirmed?

I think it would be a huge mistake by him to leave Zalgiris, be it barca or any other team, he will be warming bench there. He got more PT than he deserved this year, simply because he is Zalgiris future now, and Schiller understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Where was it confirmed?

I think it would be a huge mistake by him to leave Zalgiris, be it barca or any other team, he will be warming bench there. He got more PT than he deserved this year, simply because he is Zalgiris future now, and Schiller understood it.
    https://twitter.com/2contra1_/status...15190428315648

Yes, while this kind of tampering with contracts and players under contract isn't forbidden in Europe, it's still tampering. And it most assuredly compromises the integrity of the game and is therefore to the detriment of the sport of basketball.

Yes, while this kind of tampering with contracts and players under contract isn't forbidden in Europe, it's still tampering. And it most assuredly compromises the integrity of the game and is therefore to the detriment of the sport of basketball.

I disagree . Teams as such in Europe will always be holding strong hand over player's one, no matter what . Money isn't that big , job security is not certain , life in basketball is short. Lets say, Armani Milan - how many players were forcefully made redundant just because team decided they didn't fit them anymore? Kalnietis was one of them . T. Rice ? And many many many more cases . Injustice , say the least.
    If players can find the leverage and negotiate a better deal with another team , let it be .

Also , that's the reason we don't have any trades , thankfully. Those are degrading as such, at least for me .

It was 2015 summer. 17yo Sedekerskis balling for U18EC NT. Putting up impressive 12,6/ 7/ 2,3 off the bench. You said something like "that Sedekerskis kid is really smooth, one day he might be the best NT player". Maybe just a fragmental impression at Youth level and you didn't stick with it, but that comment took place.
    I will take , but honestly , i am very doubtful i was ever so insightful .

Zalgiris gets over 300k. (and it may increase) injection from the government due to the damages covid causes. What other LKL clubs think about that? What kind of competition it is?

Well as I said in another thread, if Žalgiris is getting handouts from the public purse, the club better be fully prepared to release players to Team Lietuva if and when they're needed. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Zalgiris creates DGP, other clubs don't. No need to act like you guys don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Zalgiris creates DGP....
    DGP? Gross Domestic Product?

Jokubaitis and Barsa rumour is quite vital. Plenty of Barsa's fans happy about this possibility. I personally now hope that he stays in Zalgiris more than ever, watching Barsa's BB in the knock out stage Saras would keep him under such a short leash. For a young player it's better to mess around under Schiller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWvxu-DHQPY

Davies for Barsa, Micic for Efes, Pangos for Zenit, Leday for Milan. Grigonis about to join CSKA, Walkup Milan, Jokubaitis close to Barsa (hope not), Hayes also goes to bigger club. That's a shout out for Saras. His choices and students feed Euroleague's powerhouses.

Yeah, I hate to hear that Jokubaitis really can leave, I hope he himself will express the wish to stay and would collect his 25min in Zalgiris next season. He's de facto franchise player, the reason why neutral fans as myself turn on Zalgiris games. Good luck for Walkup in Milan, to me it was always love and hate relationships...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast