Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Kaunas Zalgiris Thread

Instead those player they should sign cheaper and better players. Silly wrongface

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Zalgiris is a hardcore at screwing really young players. Jokubaitis has been exception in 100 years....
    I agree. Sitting on the Žalgiris bench is no way for a young fellow to improve his skills.

Kevarrius Hayes may be solid signing, but I question his toughness. Seems to be more of finesse center. Birutis is very soft center so if these 2 are main centers Zalgiris may be bullied inside. Maybe third center coming so who knows.

Butkevicius off course will likely guarantee the success in LKL for Zalgiris, but I wouldn't expect much in EL. He should fill some tiny small roles, primarily defensive role to slow down key players of opposition, but I still don't get it why both Ulanovas and Butkevicius are needed Maybe Zalgiris feels like Ulanovas health is questionable or something.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Exclamation

Butkevicius off course will likely guarantee the success in LKL for Zalgiris, but I wouldn't expect much in EL. He should fill some tiny small roles, primarily defensive role to slow down key players of opposition, but I still don't get it why both Ulanovas and Butkevicius are needed Maybe Zalgiris feels like Ulanovas health is questionable or something.
    Maybe Žalgiris sees Edgaras Ulanovas as a SG/SF and Arnas Butkevičius as a SF/PF.

What burns my ass though is the rumour mongers who were saying that Butkevičius was about to sign with Žalgiris were correct. I prefer seeing the rumour mongers left with egg all over their faces.

And I still hate this business of the richest clubs in Europe being allowed to effectively buy championship caliber teams. North American major league sports erect barriers against this practice and are as a result much more competitive.

According to one podcast they see Lekavicius as SG and may sign two PGs (depending on Kalnietis' decision I'd guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Maybe Žalgiris sees Edgaras Ulanovas as a SF/PF and Arnas Butkevičius as a SG/SF.

FTFY

According to other podcast Zalgiris plan to sign PF/C as main front line player. In that case they'd have Birutis, Hayes, PF/C and Cananaugh and one vacancy in front line

Urbonas says Zalgiris offers the deal to Brazdeikis, as well as Baskonia is fishing him too. His priority remains NBA though. If Zalgiris would make it, I would be locked to watch almost all Zalgiris games.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

OMG, Zalgiris also signs D. Giedraitis. P-Mo did something right with this and Iggy. Giedraitis most likely will be loaned. I'm watching every game If Iggy and Dovis balling in 2023/2024.

Zalgiris has Giedraitis, Rubstavicius, Lelevicius, Murauskas, Krivas and younger prospects. Nothing new, they dominate LTU market.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Strange. Žalgiris must clearly have offered big bucks to Dovydas Giedraitis. After all, with the departure of Kristupas Žemaitis, Dovydas Giedraitis looked set to be the lead guard for Lietkabelis in 2022-23. Giedraitis certainly won't be able to improve his game sitting on Žalgiris' bench so he better hope he's loaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Strange. Žalgiris must clearly have offered big bucks to Dovydas Giedraitis. After all, with the departure of Kristupas Žemaitis, Dovydas Giedraitis looked set to be the lead guard for Lietkabelis in 2022-23. Giedraitis certainly won't be able to improve his game sitting on Žalgiris' bench so he better hope he's loaned.

In my opinion he can easily compete with current Lukosiunas (not even competition, IMO), Kalnietis, Dimsa. On other hand, I'm all for him being loaned and getting solid +20 minutes each game. That would be less risky option for him.

Listening to Marius Leonavicius speaking in the podcast. "Dovydas maybe a bit better than Gecevicius defensively"...I'm out...Complete scrub. If PRO coach can speak such nonsense, he's nothing but a scrub coach, that's it. No wonder he sucked balls working with Prienai. Can't tolerate such bullshit. At least he's not the head coach of U18, god forbid...And overall Gecevicius? He thinks it's worth to invest into Gecevicius type of player for Zalgiris. I mean Gecevicius couldn't play in Euroleague, period! The guy is clueless....

On other hand, after some thought, when I realized Zalgiris paid actual 150K...Damn, it's highly risky knowing Giedraitis' injury issues...But if he stays healthy, Zalgiris will benefit from this contract.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Gecevicius only 7.3 points over 6 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Gecevicius only 7.3 points over 6 seasons
    He disappeared from EL map and market being 25yo. OLY tested him, he couldn't play and his career of EL was over. One should be an idiot to claim what Leonavicius claimed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

He disappeared from EL map and market being 25yo. OLY tested him, he couldn't play and his career of EL was over. One should be an idiot to claim what Leonavicius claimed.
    "I mean Gecevicius couldn't play in Euroleague, period!"

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    "I mean Gecevicius couldn't play in Euroleague, period!"
    Yes. He couldn't. And didn't say he never played, that's different.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

OMG, Zalgiris also signs D. Giedraitis. P-Mo did something right with this and Iggy. Giedraitis most likely will be loaned. I'm watching every game If Iggy and Dovis balling in 2023/2024.

Zalgiris has Giedraitis, Rubstavicius, Lelevicius, Murauskas, Krivas and younger prospects. Nothing new, they dominate LTU market.
    Can I ask about Iggy chances of still being Zalgiris player in 2023/2024 season? since I don't know anything about his new contract, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grizmanaz View Post
    Can I ask about Iggy chances of still being Zalgiris player in 2023/2024 season? since I don't know anything about his new contract, thanks
    1 + 1

If NBA teams won't want Iggy for 23/24, I think he'll stay

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

What's your prediction of Iggy's numbers for Zalgiris EL next season? Above or below Grigonis 20/21 Zalgiris numbers (13,4ppg)?

https://twitter.com/EDemirNBA/status...91325552635904

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

So seems D. Giedraitis signed 5 years deal with Zalgiris. Now big buy-out also makes sense. Rumor is he's stays with the team next season, hope he won't warm the bench, specially in LKL, and some minutes here and there in EL. Let's see if Zalgiris will screw another young player or not. On other hand, Giedraitis should stay healthy somehow himself. IMO, that's the only obstacle. He has everything else to develop himself into rotational EL player.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Subjectively, I really love new Zalgiris roster because of the addition of Iggy and Dovis, but objectively this team is lacking at least one quality guard foreigner (or say Grigonis). Now there's Kennan Evans, I. Brazdeikis, L. Lekavicius as best guards and that's not enough for serious guard rotation. D. Giedraitis is very serious prospect and if will stay healthy in 2 years he will legitimately add to Zalgiris' guards rotation, but not today. What's worse I don't understand what the hell Lukosiunas is doing and even Kalnietis, Dimsa. OK, if Kalnietis healthy he can give quality 10 minutes as facilitator, no doubts. But Dimsa and Luksoniunas are not EL players and that kind of level players shouldn't be in Zalgiris.

I would understand Evans, Iggy, Lekavicius, foreigner, Kalnietis + EL level upside prospect Giedraitis. That would make perfect sense, these pieces have EL quality. But what the hell Eurocup level players (I'm not even sure Lukosiunas would do well there) as Dimsa, Lukosiunas are doing there is beyond me.

Center position is soft and Šmits will have to play 5 a lot, IMO.

Maybe, Zalgiris will add another quality guard during the season. That's a possibility as it has been said. Now it seems this team is build to win LKL and not to be completely miserable in EL, but not for serious ambitions in EL.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Dimsa struggles to deliver even in second rate first exhibition game with Zalgiris against Polish team. Wildly inconsistent, and now probably demoralized. Might be cut, IMO, from Zalgiris too.

Evans struggled to shoot, but 8as, 3stl. I think he'll be good. Hayes the same story, but rebounded well and shot FTs well.

I think Brazdeikis, Ulanovas, Butkevicius, Lekavicius, Smits, Cavanaugh guarantee the trophy of LKL no matter how good or bad Evans and Hayes will be. It's simply unmatched. But if Zalgiris wants to do something in EL, they need huge Evans (and good Hayes) and likely another addition during the season, IMO.

https://fibalivestats.dcd.shared.gen.../bs.html#ASFSK

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Seems like Lelevicius is pretty much ready to step some onto LKL court. I don't understand why wouldn't Zalgiris loan him. Most players that Zalgiris keeps close goes nowhere, they just warm the bench and gets released. Just unleash Lelevicius early, he could get some serious minutes in Prienai or Kedainiai already.

U22 talent level in Lithuania will be quite nice this season: D. Giedraitis, Rubstavicius, Murauskas, Lelevicius, Krivas. All sure fire NT upside players.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast