Poor Zalgiris then...
    MVP of VTB...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Poor Zalgiris then...

Surely that depends on his role?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    If anyone doubted that everyone in Lithuania is basketball expert, doubt no more. Fact that Algirdas Paleckis and Vardenis Pavardenis (first I wrote Petras Grazulis but remembered that these days he's fighting cosmopolitism homosexualism and other scary-isms together with Putin) are so well versed in basketball proves it beyond any doubt
    What the bloody hell does "cosmopolitan homosexualism" have to do with this thread? You seem to make a habit of introducing inane remarks into threads. Well it's high time that stopped.

According to 24sek.lt Zalgiris is offering Walkup a salary of 650K per season, while Olympiacos proposed roughly 700K/y. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    According to 24sek.lt Zalgiris is offering Walkup a salary of 650K per season, while Olympiacos proposed roughly 700K/y. Any thoughts?
    IMO, worth to even match Olympiacos offer. At the end of the season Walkup even reached another level. It's just Rytas, but the guy is in his prime. He expanded his offensive game to the level where he's decisive and aggressive and shoots with confidence. He's a 2 ways physical beast and next season he probably would be the best player of Zalgiris. At the end of the season he was the best player of Zalgiris by far. I doubt Zalgiris can find a player who instantly would give what Walkup would provide next season, if we are talking about player of 600-650k range. It's possible, but highly unlikely. Current Walkup provides at both ends of the floor and is in his prime so it's basically mission impossible.

It's evident that in case he decides to leave Zalgiris, the decision won't be influenced by salary. Additional 100K in two seasons doesn't sound to be that sum that would attract players to leave their current teams. As you said, he'd be a franchise player in the upcoming season, should he decide to stay.

Considering the losses the transfer rumors make Zalgiris look very weak next season. Zalgiris was always very successful to substitute the losses but this time there are too few players and Zalgiris seems to be out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Considering the losses the transfer rumors make Zalgiris look very weak next season. Zalgiris was always very successful to substitute the losses but this time there are too few players and Zalgiris seems to be out of money.
    It's too soon to tell. We don't know the pieces that will change Grigonis, Walkup, Hayes. It surely won't be Lekavicius and Kalnietis, those can be just a role players. Have in mind that Zalgiris played without SF all season long, well Hayes played some there, but generally there was a hole for the bigger part of the season. Now they might sign good SF, to sign couple of quality guards and the team will be competitive. Off course, now it's completely open and can go either way and we don't have Saras who would pretty much guarantee Zalgiris competitiveness.

BTW, Jokubaitis finally got his award. Euroleague players association named him as best young player of the league:

https://twitter.com/the_ELPA/status/1402928787671732226

Zalgiris will be trying to find cheap gems overseas. Motiejunas expressed that Schiller's rapid adoption of Euroleague's basketball and his connections in the USA might be helpful to find and integrate novel players that have not played in Europe yet.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Zalgiris will be trying to find cheap gems overseas. Motiejunas expressed that Schiller's rapid adoption of Euroleague's basketball and his connections in the USA might be helpful to find and integrate novel players that have not played in Europe yet.
    That sounds like tanking season knowing how much player as Vasturia developed under Schiller But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    That sounds like tanking season knowing how much player as Vasturia developed under Schiller But we'll see.
    I'm shocked, shocked that he failed to develop slashing combo guard into 3&D SF. Well, not really shocked

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    I'm shocked, shocked that he failed to develop slashing combo guard into 3&D SF. Well, not really shocked
    I thought Schiller decides how to use him, but who knows...Or how to develop Blazevic...

And Ulanovas is a free agent...Knowing that Zalgiris lost 2 Lithuanian names in Grigonis, Jokubaitis, addition of Ulanovas and Kalnietis would make sense. On other hand, Ulanovas should be healthy, after Garino's season Zalgiris needs some-one healthy at 3...

I would want them to get Velicka in to the mix. He has the tools to become great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    I would want them to get Velicka in to the mix. He has the tools to become great player.
    I think it's either Kalnietis or Velicka because I'm pretty sure Zalgiris will still be looking for a starting point guard. Besides, knowing how much Schiller trusted youngsters...you never know whenever you'll step into Jokubaitis or Blazevic shoes...I think Zalgiris won't even consider Velicka knowing how much they wasted on Blazevic last season and current Velicka would be a gamble. Another interesting option is D. Giedraitis. His team lost the spot in ACB and he himself maybe would do a lot to get away, but again it's Schiller and he's not in the position to use broad rotation and to give chances to young players unless some-one would tell him to do it (few things that has been said to Schiller prior his decision, Jokubaitis will play and Grigonis is the leader, but it seems Motiejunas never ever said a word on Blazevic during the season). Summa summarum, Velicka, D. Giedraitis should keep aside Zalgiris as of yet and the same Blazevic should do everything to be loaned or split ways with Zalgiris.

What really annoys me is that the rumours with respect to Marius Grigonis going to CSKA and Thomas Walkup to Olympiakos turned out to be absolutely correct again. Just once I'd love to see the rumour mongers end up with egg all over their faces.

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-12-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Kalnietis officially in. T. Dimsa is not expected to be with the team. Rumour is Schiller doesn't see him in EL. Everything spot on there.

Can some-one brake it down Zalgiris roster situation? I really didn't follow the moves closely. Any chance that Zalgiris would try to sign Sirvydis long term now? Knowing Zalgiris hunger for any quality Lithuanian, that might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Can some-one brake it down Zalgiris roster situation? I really didn't follow the moves closely. Any chance that Zalgiris would try to sign Sirvydis long term now? Knowing Zalgiris hunger for any quality Lithuanian, that might be a possibility.
    Probably too late for this seadon, unless it's sign and lend
    Lauvergne Nebo Jankunas Cavannaugh
    Ulanovas Giffey Milaknis
    Strelnieks Lekavicius Kalnietis PG

Soft and non athletic guards line thus far and barely any D.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314