Sage Tolentino thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well, I just said he applied for a passport before 16. It is up to dfa if they will approve it or not.

Anyway, coach sandy said " papers" not " passport".

And sbp will probably announce it in due time.

If Sage will not be eligible. He can be replaced by many.
    For Sage to be given a Philippine passport, his Pinoy parent should first reacquire his pinoy citizenship through dual citizenship law for Sage to be eligible for derivative citizenship..
    Last edited by tomcat; 07-25-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
      For Sage to be given a Philippine passport, his Pinoy parent should first reacquire his pinoy citizenship through dual citizenship law for Sage to be eligible for derivative citizenship..
      This I believe is the real stumbling block on why everyone has been silent on this issue. His dad I believe is a second or third generation Filipino-Hawaiian? Meaning either he or Sage's grandparent could likely have been naturalized a US citizen being an immigrant and thus "lost" his filipino citizenship. And for his dad to reacquire or gain recognition of his lost filipino citizenship ( the law is RA 9225) which he supposedly inherited from his parents is a whole different process and is quite a hassle. It can take a while to complete the papers and also requires a trip to the philippine consul and an oath taking. Believe me it can be tedious. I should know because I did the same thing. (Fil-Am here as well.)

So the other real question here is: did Sage's dad get his certificate of filipino recognition (RA 9225) in order for his son to be able to apply also for a filipino passport? In all honesty I HIGHLY doubt they were able to do all this before Sage turned 16. Assuming they even attempted to do so considering the whole hassle of this.

Now I'm starting to see why all parties involved don't want to comment about Sage's eligibility.

PS: but wait there are some people here who claim to know that Sage is REALLY ELIGIBLE, but have ZERO proof, yet they want us to believe them because they have "inside sources" daw. Lol.
      Last edited by geohunk; 07-26-2020, 12:43 AM.
      Originally posted by PeeZones
      Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
        Even he's not good enough eh he is still young.. and he can be develop in a right time.. we need pool of big man as possible.. w/o Kai and AJ eh we need like him to be in the pool for qualifiers.. maybe a good performance in UP will change sbp's mind...
        Exactly. Kirkness might still be raw and underdeveloped, reason why he is not being considered for the U18. But I would like to see him develop into a strong 6'10 defensive bruiser who can grab those rebounds with impunity. He may not be good enough for Gilas but he would be a good addition to our midget league.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
          Exactly. Kirkness might still be raw and underdeveloped, reason why he is not being considered for the U18. But I would like to see him develop into a strong 6'10 defensive bruiser who can grab those rebounds with impunity. He may not be good enough for Gilas but he would be a good addition to our midget league.
          I'm fine with Ethan developed into a 6'10 Wilmer Ong
          Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 07-26-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Player comparisons.

Kai sotto - Porzingis
            Aj Edu- antetokounmpo
            Sage tolentino - karl anthony towns
            Carl tamayo - Pascal siakam

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
              SBP, what a bunch of morons.
              Echo this.

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                Player comparisons.

Kai sotto - Porzingis
                Aj Edu- antetokounmpo
                Sage tolentino - karl anthony towns
                Carl tamayo - Pascal siakam
                Don't forget the Pinoy splash bros and LeBron

Comment

• i think the most realistic scenario for Sage is for him to play for us is during the Asian games and Olympics.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                    I'm fine with Ethan developed into a 6'10 Wilmer Ong
                    A 6'10" Wilmer Ong is a gem

Comment

• Wow cholo and Sage are offered by Tenesse.

Sage have official offers now from Kansas and Tenesse. While Kentucky is also in contact with him

Comment

Wow cholo and Sage are offered by Tenesse.

Sage have official offers now from Kansas and Tenesse. While Kentucky is also in contact with him
                        sage already graduated senior high?

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
                          sage already graduated senior high?
                          Nope. Sage is class of 2022. Kai is class of 2020.

2 years more for Sage. But he already have 2 official offers.

Sage should play for batang gilas to improve his stocks. Just hope USA youth team does not get him

Comment

Nope. Sage is class of 2022. Kai is class of 2020.

2 years more for Sage. But he already have 2 official offers.

Sage should play for batang gilas to improve his stocks. Just hope USA youth team does not get him
                            How can we even consider him to play for batang Gilas when we can't even get a straight answer from him or his camp regarding his pinoy status. Sucks that even Kai had to be the one to give an "elusive" response on behalf of Sage in that video conference they had a few days back. A response that didn't even validate anything.

Kung ako lang I would for now not even waste my time talking about Sage as a Gilas prospect when we can't even get any clear answers from him tsaka tingin ko di naman interesado yung bata ...so I think pinoys online should just quit bothering him.
                            Originally posted by PeeZones
                            Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

How can we even consider him to play for batang Gilas when we can't even get a straight answer from him or his camp regarding his pinoy status. Sucks that even Kai had to be the one to give an "elusive" response on behalf of Sage in that video conference they had a few days back. A response that didn't even validate anything.

Kung ako lang I would for now not even waste my time talking about Sage as a Gilas prospect when we can't even get any clear answers from him tsaka tingin ko di naman interesado yung bata ...so I think pinoys online should just quit bothering him.
                              i beg to differ bro, i think Sage is worth the effort. I think he is legit talent at his height, i mean, kai cannot even move like him at the same age. And then he is undergoing similar training a year earlier than Kai (kai at 17, sage at 16). His potential is immense, we'll be kicking ourselves in the future if we let this kid go.

Comment

If he is eligible but not interested, I will take that over someone who is willing but not eligible. Sage can be willing any time.

But yeah, the passport issue is the question.

Kai's statement " Eligible kung gusto nya maglaro" is very vague and can have a lot of meaning.

Anyway, Sage can play for Batang Gilas as NP if late passport applicant

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information