No announcement yet.

Sage Tolentino thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why they had Sage do boxing : https://www.instagram.com/p/CCI1EhDHdaW/?hl=en

At EWP today our goal for Sage was:
    - Hand-eye coordination
    - Understanding time and space
    - Footwork relative to basketball, positioning, and leverage
    - Learning how to stay focused through fatigue
    - Muscular endurance
    - Controlled aggression

Comment

Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
      or maybe sage is just being 16 playing against grown men.
      Yup, that's more likely the reason.

Think of a 16-year old Kai Sotto playing with & against those guys (grown men). For sure Kai would also look "soft"
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Sage is being recruited by Kentucky and Auburn.

I think Kai helped him to be discovered. Or simply Kai recommended him. It is not a coincindence that they have both the same first two schol that are interested on them. (kentucky and auburn are also the first schools that show interests on Kai)

Hope Sage will play for us as a return favor. Hehe.

Now, he have college ncaa offers. Yan dahilan nya last year kaya ayaw nya maglaro satin e.

Now, he do not have any reasons to decline us

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

I think Kai helped him to be discovered. Or simply Kai recommended him. It is not a coincindence that they have both the same first two schol that are interested on them. (kentucky and auburn are also the first schools that show interests on Kai)

Now, he have college ncaa offers. Yan dahilan nya last year kaya ayaw nya maglaro satin e.

Looking at the signs, there us a big chance he will play for Gilas especially if his Passport was processed in time. Its not a mere coindcidence that he was recruited by EW and now trains with Kai...Besides there is almost zero chance he will play for Team USA anyway...

Comment

sadly "utang na loob" is not a common trait for foreigners.Let's just say Kai helped him because he wants to help.If Sage plays for the Philippines then well and good, if not, let's not be bitter and just move on.
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
              Looking at the signs, there us a big chance he will play for Gilas especially if his Passport was processed in time. Its not a mere coindcidence that he was recruited by EW and now trains with Kai...Besides there is almost zero chance he will play for Team USA anyway...
              Agreed. If Hawaii has own national team, it is a different story. But since they are under USA, Sage will not even be slected to tryout for the USA National Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                sadly "utang na loob" is not a common trait for foreigners.Let's just say Kai helped him because he wants to help.If Sage plays for the Philippines then well and good, if not, let's not be bitter and just move on.
                Well, "masakit isipin". We. "Filipinos are helping him for nothing if he will nit play for us.

I mean EWP is owned by Filipinos. Kai who is guding him is a Filipino. The one who suggests him to EWP are Filipinos.

But yes, if he will play then very good. If he wouldn't, I wouldn't consider him as a Filipino anymore

Comment

Now, now I think it is a little unfair to say Sage owes the philippines anything. Unang Una and most importantly....it still has NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED if Sage is elligible to play for us to begin with. Until now still no word about his "so called" passport application. Anu petcha na?! It is quite worrying that everyone keeps passing the buck when it comes to confirmation about this, the latest is EWP, who I read in a recent tweet reply that we ask SBP about this. Sad to say this kind of silence and no comment attitude about Sage's elligibility is not lookin real good.

I'm starting to think may problema talaga. It could really be na late applicant na si Sage (after 16) this is why marami ayaw magsalita...or worse he didn't apply at all.
                  Originally posted by PeeZones
                  Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Well, "masakit isipin". We. "Filipinos are helping him for nothing if he will nit play for us.

I mean EWP is owned by Filipinos. Kai who is guding him is a Filipino. The one who suggests him to EWP are Filipinos.

But yes, if he will play then very good. If he wouldn't, I wouldn't consider him as a Filipino anymore
                    This "pinoy trait of utang na loob" isn't followed by foreigners sorry to say. Sage doesn't owe filipinos anything. EWP is a business first and foremost, can't we accept the fact that they saw raw potential in a 7'0" 16 year old thus they took the risk of investing in him? Kids as tall and coordinated with raw talent like Sage and Kai don't drop from the sky everyday. Besides EWP has signed a number of athletes across different sports of different nationalities.

Besides ever since this kid was discovered and interviews were made with him and his parents and they identified themselves as proud hawaiian first and foremost and being of part filipino heritage was an afterthought to him when it was brought up, we should have already expected that it will be hard for him to embrace it wholeheartedly. Anu ba kayo he grew up his entire life in Hawaii and his dad is already a second generation fil-hawaiian so the culture and values for Sage is already American Hawaiian. We can't blame him for that. Tapos people are going to disown him and say "he ain't pinoy" if he doesn't play for us or if it turns out he didn't get a passport? Or people will say he turned his back on his "filipino roots"? LOL!

Thats selfish and arrogant of us pinoys then.
                    Originally posted by PeeZones
                    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                      [/B]

Now, now I think it is a little unfair to say Sage owes the philippines anything. Unang Una and most importantly....it still has NOT BEEN ESTABLISHED if Sage is elligible to play for us to begin with. Until now still no word about his "so called" passport application. Anu petcha na?! It is quite worrying that everyone keeps passing the buck when it comes to confirmation about this, the latest is EWP, who I read in a recent tweet reply that we ask SBP about this. Sad to say this kind of silence and no comment attitude about Sage's elligibility is not lookin real good.

I'm starting to think may problema talaga. It could really be na late applicant na si Sage (after 16) this is why marami ayaw magsalita...or worse he didn't apply at all.
                      My hunch is that he did apply but were a tad late as far as Date of Issue (relative to his 16th birthday) is concerned. Perhaps the people concerned are asking for some kind of consideration from FIBA, if not an outright exemption.

Of course it would turn out better if the theory of them simply waiting for the actual passport holds true. But what I do believe is that they really applied for his passport before turning 16.
                      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

ewp is owned by filipinos?
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

[/B]

This "pinoy trait of utang na loob" isn't followed by foreigners sorry to say. Sage doesn't owe filipinos anything. EWP is a business first and foremost, can't we accept the fact that they saw raw potential in a 7'0" 16 year old thus they took the risk of investing in him? Kids as tall and coordinated with raw talent like Sage and Kai don't drop from the sky everyday. Besides EWP has signed a number of athletes across different sports of different nationalities.

Besides ever since this kid was discovered and interviews were made with him and his parents and they identified themselves as proud hawaiian first and foremost and being of part filipino heritage was an afterthought to him when it was brought up, we should have already expected that it will be hard for him to embrace it wholeheartedly. Anu ba kayo he grew up his entire life in Hawaii and his dad is already a second generation fil-hawaiian so the culture and values for Sage is already American Hawaiian. We can't blame him for that. Tapos people are going to disown him and say "he ain't pinoy" if he doesn't play for us or if it turns out he didn't get a passport? Or people will say he turned his back on his "filipino roots"? LOL!

Thats selfish and arrogant of us pinoys then.
                          Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          My hunch is that he did apply but were a tad late as far as Date of Issue (relative to his 16th birthday) is concerned. Perhaps the people concerned are asking for some kind of consideration from FIBA, if not an outright exemption.

Of course it would turn out better if the theory of them simply waiting for the actual passport holds true. But what I do believe is that they really applied for his passport before turning 16.
                          one of the sbp guys went to sage and help process the passport around january..

well can’t blame some of you if you think that way..

Patience is a virtue..

and not every move they have needs to be on sports news.. like it doesn’t need to report when, how, where they lodge the application and follow up..
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

this vid could be treated as sage's "before", let's check and compare his progress again after a year of training with EWP. i'm hoping for better bounce and overall strength in terms of physical improvement and better ballhandling and more advanced offensive skills (perimeter-oriented) in terms of skills improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

Patience is a virtue..

and not every move they have needs to be on sports news.. like it doesn’t need to report when, how, where they lodge the application and follow up..
                              I can understand them. They developed a trauma with Remy,Roberts,JC passport cases. They think that Sage have the same case with them.

Anyway, I believe Sbp will announce it, just don't know when

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

Patience is a virtue..

quarantine kasi walang magawa
                                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information