Fenerbahçe 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    I am 100% sure that Fener has a chance to make good roster for the next season, under some conditions.

1. De Colo must stay and all roster must be built around him
    2. Sloukas must leave
    3. Coach must be Saras or Hernandez(or similar)
    4. All players have to be above average and with EL experiance

Budget: 2.6 for De Colo, 1.5 for the coach and around 10- milions for 11 players. 14 milions for salaries is modest budget regarding previous years. Efes showed that it's possible to be even title contender if you know to smart manage money
    For this money you can have Saras and better half of Zalgiris (like 6 players ) and still have like 7 millions left.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Whats with Vesely?
      As I said we should make team around De Colo, any other player is less important including Vesely. De Colo is our Larkin, we don't have better then him. Obra made big damage with last year contracts and he left sinking boat. Now let see if Gherardini is such good gm as it's told here.

Comment

So Pesic is free now... I would rather go for him then some semi-solution

Comment

So Pesic is free now... I would rather go for him then some semi-solution
          I'm not quite believing the story that the parting between Pesic and Barca was mutual. He had a contract for another year and was talking recently about next season. Plus, they are likely to be replacing him with someone he doesn't think is fit to be the team's waterboy.

Pesic did an underrated job at reviving Barca considering where they were when he took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
            I'm not quite believing the story that the parting between Pesic and Barca was mutual. He had a contract for another year and was talking recently about next season. Plus, they are likely to be replacing him with someone he doesn't think is fit to be the team's waterboy.

Pesic did an underrated job at reviving Barca considering where they were when he took over.
            I don't want to underestimate Obradovic results, but 7 years with 30 milion budget and F4 in Istanbul, I am not sure that Pesic would do weaker job here. At least it wouldn't be burned ground after him

Comment

Watched some parts of the Ali Koc explanations in the Turkish TV and as I suspected this man has no clue about basketball. Judging by his answers Fenerbahce gave Gherardini the key of Fenerbahce Basketball branch. The killing moment was when he said that they have a strong youth system.

He also shortly explained how the basketball branch works. ZOC decides everything. There is nobody to question him and he just talks with the president when he has problems. This franchise is really awesome. I love Fenerbahce

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Watched some parts of the Ali Koc explanations in the Turkish TV and as I suspected this man has no clue about basketball. Judging by his answers Fenerbahce gave Gherardini the key of Fenerbahce Basketball branch. The killing moment was when he said that they have a strong youth system.

He also shortly explained how the basketball branch works. ZOC decides everything. There is nobody to question him and he just talks with the president when he has problems. This franchise is really awesome. I love Fenerbahce
                He proved what I claimed a long time ago that our decline stated with him. He just love Fener but his knowledge about basketball and relationships in EL circles are zero.

Just one example..Whoever watched some games last season that we lost in last minutes could conclude that Fener status regarding referees decisions is miserable. Simple as that, Koc doesn't have any credibility in basketball world. Beside that he never succeeded to make friendly relationship with Obradovic, like PAO owners did or Fener ex president Yildirim.

Comment

He proved what I claimed a long time ago that our decline stated with him. He just love Fener but his knowledge about basketball and relationships in EL circles are zero.

Just one example..Whoever watched some games last season that we lost in last minutes could conclude that Fener status regarding referees decisions is miserable. Simple as that, Koc doesn't have any credibility in basketball world. Beside that he never succeeded to make friendly relationship with Obradovic, like PAO owners did or Fener ex president Yildirim.
                  Some people need history lesson.

Pao wanted to continue with Obradovic, but he didn't stay.

About ex-president, we had a very good budget between 2007-2014, and we didn't even play in any final four until 2015. Why it took 8 years to play in final four?

And considering Efes have been in Euroleague since 2002, and they never played in final four between 2002-2018, that makes 16 years without a final four. It's hard to say they know better.

Give 8 years to our current president then we can talk.
                  Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-02-2020, 05:03 PM.
                  FENERBAHÇE
                  --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                  --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                  --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                  --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                    Some people need history lesson.

Pao wanted to continue with Obradovic, but he didn't stay.

About ex-president, we had a very good budget between 2007-2014, and we didn't even play in any final four until 2015. Why it took 8 years to play in final four?

And if Efes management knows better, then they wouldn't wait to play in final four until the last season 2019. Considering Efes have been in Euroleague since 2002, and they never played in final four between 2002-2018, that makes 16 years without a final four.

Give 8 years to our current president then we can talk.
                    What is very good budget? It's relative term. First big budget was when Pianigiani arived in Fener. Before that Fener wasn't among top10 in EL, so what you can expected in that period? Maybe some miracle I don't know

But it's not point and you misunderstood everything. It's not about budget but about relationship and basketball knowledge, Koc didn't show that until now.

We will see how things will go on with Kokoskov.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuneyt View Post
                      Kokoskov is a good coach and a good choice for Fenerbahçe. He has a tough task getting a seat that was vacated by Obra, but I believe he has what it takes to be successful. It also means the budget will not dramatically decrease, which is good news...
                      Bigger budget also means Sloukas will maybe stay here, which is not good news.

I would cheer Kokoskov as good sign but only after we see what will happen with contracts Obradovic made last season(excluding De Colo of course).

Comment

What is very good budget? It's relative term. First big budget was when Pianigiani arived in Fener. Before that Fener wasn't among top10 in EL, so what you can expected in that period? Maybe some miracle I don't know

But it's not point and you misunderstood everything. It's not about budget but about relationship and basketball knowledge, Koc didn't show that until now.

We will see how things will go on with Kokoskov.
                        Fenerbahçe and Ülker joined in 2006, after that, we always had very good budgets, but there was no success until 2015.

The president has important obligations such as football, previous president lose the election because of the football. Right now, the presidents can't forget about the football and they can't focus on basketball, otherwise they are going to lose the election as well, that's the reality.

And they wanted to continue with Obradovic, it's nothing you can do if he doesn't want to continue anymore, the president said Obradovic wanted to resign during December 2019 due to the failures in basketball, but they persuaded Obradovic to continue, they can't do that all the time, as I said, the football is the priority right now, and some people want only success in basketball, they don't care about football. But they forget about the realities of election, you lose the election if you fail in football, plain and simple.
                        FENERBAHÇE
                        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Bigger budget also means Sloukas will maybe stay here, which is not good news.

I would cheer Kokoskov as good sign but only after we see what will happen with contracts Obradovic made last season(excluding De Colo of course).
                          I think Kostas will leave. Sad to see parts of a champion team leave but his performance last year was sub par and his inability to co-exist with DeColo is a good sign that he needs to go. We will see about others but I believe Fenerbahçe will evolve a step down Budgetwise and qualitywise.

Comment

If vesely fully recovers, building the team on nando and vesely may bring good results.
                            A good perimeter defender american pg, ulanovas and landale would be my wishes.

Williams-Goss
                            Nando
                            Ulanovas
                            Landale
                            Vesely
                            Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by Cuneyt View Post
                              I think Kostas will leave. Sad to see parts of a champion team leave but his performance last year was sub par and his inability to co-exist with DeColo is a good sign that he needs to go. We will see about others but I believe Fenerbahçe will evolve a step down Budgetwise and qualitywise.
                              Budgetwise for sure, qualitywise depends of some factors. I am sure Fener can build F4 roster based on De Colo and some new players without overpaying like last seasons. We payed names not quality.
                              The bad thing is we are late on the market again. But still there are some good players we can bring in this moment. I hope we won't go to China again for the players

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                                If vesely fully recovers, building the team on nando and vesely may bring good results.
                                A good perimeter defender american pg, ulanovas and landale would be my wishes.

Williams-Goss
                                Nando
                                Ulanovas
                                Landale
                                Vesely
                                This could be option if Saras came, mix of Zalgiris and Fener

I disagree with this roster but it's ok like you said it's your wish.

My opinion is that we need true pg who can shoot in first place. There are not too many options and Pangos is closest to that. Not too expensive player regarding he is coming from bad season.

SF after Gigi left is the easiest spot to cover with small money fee, I would risk with Biberovic. PF should cost more money, Gill would be maybe the best option from free agents.
                                Mickey should be target too.

We could make good and competitive roster for less money then last year just because we have maybe the best player of last decade in the roster. He is still among Top5 players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information