Fenerbahçe 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenerbahçe 2020/21

Current roster after assuming some guys will leave the club...

PG: x, Westermann, Dixon
    SG: x, Mahmutoglu, Sancakli
    SF: x, x, Biberovic
    PF. x, x, Candan
    C: Vesely, Düverioglu, x

Shortly said I dont expect any foreign player to stay except Vesely and Westermann. Westermann knows the situation to play in a border playoff team. This will probably be the goal of Fenerbahce Beko next season.

I think we all agree on Sloukas being overpaid but knowing how difficult to find a all around play maker for the Euroleague I wouldnt mind Sloukas to stay (but I know it wont happen). My wish would be either Lorenzo Brown or Jovic.

I see a little chance De Colo to stay. If its possible keep him at any cost. If not a young american who has the ability to penetrate/score should be found. Aaron Harrison would have been a great signing but now he is gone.

If its possible Wittington on 3 would be a great fit but i am not sure if he is a realistic target when even NBA teams have an eye on him.

This is the max number of foreign player Fenerbahce can afford.

The backup spots for SG, SF and all 2 power forward posiions are for turkish players who could possibly make the next step.

The candidates are Metecan Birsen, Sehmus Hazer, Yigit Arslan, Berk Demir, Okben Ulubay, Berkan Durmaz, Ercan Osmani and (needs to take some risks ) Alperen Sengün.

Metecan Birsen signed today for Karsiyaka. He is the most ready but his lack of concentration is a problem. Not a realistic option.

Sehmus Hazer is a very possible signing. Would help on the defensive end with his solid footwork and pesky ball pressure. He is the first one who runs the floor when his team grabs the rebound and helps spacing the floor. Also not bad as a spot up shooter.

Okben Ulubay still has a contract with FMP but getting him shouldnt be a very big problem. Would help on both ends. His ups and downs are a problem though.

Berk Demir is a hell of a shooter with 206cm. Can put the ball on the floor a bit and plays ok defense. Just signed with Dacka though.

Berkan Durmaz rejected an offer from Fenerbahce last season because ZOC gave him the feeling that he wouldnt play much. He has the most versatile skillset and the biggest upside among the called power forwards. He must still gain some weight, a very solid defender with guard fundamentals, huge wingspan but he will struggle to score. Nevertheless i would go after him.

Now to my boy Alperen Sengün. A 6.9. PF/Center, August 2002 born with 1A fundamentals. Besides a very solid Center education which includes rebounding,finishing with both hands with great touch, a very solid post play he can also attack close outs from close range, put the ball on the floor and very solid passing abilities with court vision.

He is a very intelligent player with a high motor, gives never up, fights for every ball is always focussed and motivated. Surely the best big prospect in the last 10 years in Turkey. Hell maybe struggle 10 games but then i am convinced hell start to deliver at least 15 decent minutes.

If I was in charge I would take 3 out of these guys... but of course they need to evolve to a better player in time.

I hope you are not serious about these "recommendations". Fener is a A license club in Euroleague. They are not competing in FIBa Euro Challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      I hope you are not serious about these "recommendations". Fener is a A license club in Euroleague. They are not competing in FIBa Euro Challenge...
      The point is the budget depends on the coach and the chance of achieving something. Feners income in its best years was 12 million Euro when 1 dollar was around 3,5 Lira now its around 7 (havent looked up). Its incomes from the facility including game days is around 5 Million Euros and assuming Euroleague will start without any fans the income will drastically fall.

In the nearly impossible case Saras says yes Fener will of course put 20 millions to be competitive but without him the budget will not more than 10 millions and except four experienced guys you will have to run with big question marks especially when the market is on the move like right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        The point is the budget depends on the coach and the chance of achieving something. Feners income in its best years was 12 million Euro when 1 dollar was around 3,5 Lira now its around 7 (havent looked up). Its incomes from the facility including game days is around 5 Million Euros and assuming Euroleague will start without any fans the income will drastically fall.

In the nearly impossible case Saras says yes Fener will of course put 20 millions to be competitive but without him the budget will not more than 10 millions and except four experienced guys you will have to run with big question marks especially when the market is on the move like right now.
        All true, but you do understand that the guys you are mentioning do not have the quality for serious minutes to play in teams that have a 5 million budget. Last season Zvezda had about 8 million, this year it will be 7. Do you honestly think that any of them have a legit chance to contribute 15 minutes at EL level? Let's get real. No chance.

The kids should play, but give them a chance to improve. Great chance with Bandirma last season, work more on that. Send them to teams that do not have the imperative of delivering results in the short term. Give them a long leash, let them go crazy. That unfortunately disqualifies these kind of experiments you are mentioning. I see no problems carrying a player or two on a roster for those 13 to 15th spots on the roster...

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          All true, but you do understand that the guys you are mentioning do not have the quality for serious minutes to play in teams that have a 5 million budget. Last season Zvezda had about 8 million, this year it will be 7. Do you honestly think that any of them have a legit chance to contribute 15 minutes at EL level? Let's get real. No chance.

The kids should play, but give them a chance to improve. Great chance with Bandirma last season, work more on that. Send them to teams that do not have the imperative of delivering results in the short term. Give them a long leash, let them go crazy. That unfortunately disqualifies these kind of experiments you are mentioning. I see no problems carrying a player or two on a roster for those 13 to 15th spots on the roster...
          I am aware of it. Nobody of the mentioned carried its team like Bogdanovic or Guduric but if you go with the goal to reach playoffs maybe you can try at least 2 of them and i am sure it will happen but i am also not upset if they stay in their upper clubs and play big minutes with big responsibility

Comment

Fenerbahce 2020/21

Gherardini is in Fener for 2 more years, it's official. I'd say good move - we neither have time nor the professionals in the club to find another good GM, and coach, and select the players. I hope the new coach will be decided asap too.
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Gheradini work will be clear after we bring new coach. Before that I would say strange move.

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                Scariolo will be excellent choice if not saras.
                Lmao this is a joke right

Or maybe you want the basketbol branch to crash and burn and completely shut down I don't know
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post

Or maybe you want the basketbol branch to crash and burn and completely shut down I don't know
                  Seems that me and you agree who could say some months ago

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post

That man has 3 eurobasket, 1 world cup titles.
                    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                      That man has 3 eurobasket, 1 world cup titles.
                      I don't care about his titles with that Spanish generation. His best apparent skill is managing big egos, which we don't need. And we don't have any reason at all to believe he will be successful in a club setting compared to NT.
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Fenerbahce waived Egehan Arna after 5 years, finally

Comment

After 8 years Fener is interested in foreigner from BSL What is going on here i don't understand.

Maybe Obra should step now and stop this nonsense regardless he is not coach anymore. Players from China and D-league are better for us

Comment

I am 100% sure that Fener has a chance to make good roster for the next season, under some conditions.

1. De Colo must stay and all roster must be built around him
                            2. Sloukas must leave
                            3. Coach must be Saras or Hernandez(or similar)
                            4. All players have to be above average and with EL experiance

Budget: 2.6 for De Colo, 1.5 for the coach and around 10- milions for 11 players. 14 milions for salaries is modest budget regarding previous years. Efes showed that it's possible to be even title contender if you know to smart manage money

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                              I am 100% sure that Fener has a chance to make good roster for the next season, under some conditions.

1. De Colo must stay and all roster must be built around him
                              2. Sloukas must leave
                              3. Coach must be Saras or Hernandez(or similar)
                              4. All players have to be above average and with EL experiance

Budget: 2.6 for De Colo, 1.5 for the coach and around 10- milions for 11 players. 14 milions for salaries is modest budget regarding previous years. Efes showed that it's possible to be even title contender if you know to smart manage money
                              Whats with Vesely?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information