Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well we won only against Japan also since we have Naturalized player...After 2002 Team, we have not won naman against Japan without a Naturalized player....That's from 2006(since we suspended in 2005) to 2010 prior to the arrival of Douthit...
    We won naman over Japan in 2009 under Yeng with Asi, Pennisi, Thoss, Japeth and Kerby as our bigs.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

Well we won only against Japan also since we have Naturalized player...After 2002 Team, we have not won naman against Japan without a Naturalized player....That's from 2006(since we suspended in 2005) to 2010 prior to the arrival of Douthit...
      I think we won against Japan in 2009, all Filipino. It's the Yeng-coached team, prior to Toro's Gilas 1.0, the time when Cyrus Baguio spearheaded the team's offense. We beat them 2011 (Gilas 1.0), then 2013 (Gilas 2.0 - Chot's team) by comfortable margins. 2013 Japan team has a an american NP, by the way (JR Sakuragi).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomar09 View Post
        I think we won against Japan in 2009, all Filipino. It's the Yeng-coached team, prior to Toro's Gilas 1.0, the time when Cyrus Baguio spearheaded the team's offense. We beat them 2011 (Gilas 1.0), then 2013 (Gilas 2.0 - Chot's team) by comfortable margins. 2013 Japan team has a an american NP, by the way (JR Sakuragi).
        2011 and 2013 we have NP player na...

Comment

• Regarding the Phi vs. Japan rivalry in Asian basketball, I think we have Japan's numbers. Meaning we have beaten Japan more than they have beaten us. But I honestly think that, we have never enjoyed significant edge over Japan all these years. It has always been a close game between RP & Japan for the last 30 years or so.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomar09 View Post
            Only in 2013 we beat Japan by a comfortable margin. In 2011, it was a close game (if I remember it right). And if I remember it right, Japan had no naturalized player in 2011 Asian Championship. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              We won naman over Japan in 2009 under Yeng with Asi, Pennisi, Thoss, Japeth and Kerby as our bigs.
              Ok stand corrected..Anyway reviewed that 2009 Team, contrary to common belief that James Yao sucks internationally, in his lone Fiba Asia tourney( he was a Reserved player in 2007 and was not allowed by SMC in succeeding tourney), he had a credible performance in that tourney, averaging close to 10points(9.2 PTS, 2.6 Rebs, 0.9 assist and 0.6 turnover in 19 minutes of play)Partida pa Yan that Yeng has sucky system and rotates all his players, so limited minutes for all the players..Only Baguio who is more familiar with Yengs system being his Red Ball player has better average at 11 points ..Partida pa that Yao also arrived late in that tourney , Kasi libing ninEx Mother in law Nita, he missed the first game against Sri Lanka where RP won 115-31, he could have scored more garbage points to up his average had he played.Yap had 23 points against Taipei in their 77-70 win built around 6 triples(there is a YouTube video highlights for that) and had was the leading scorer against Iran in their 88-78 loss...Si Arwind Santos talaga ang nagkalat, averaging 4.6 points and Helterbrand with also 4.6 points...From among our Gilas wingers I think no has better tourney average than that Lassiter average 8.6 and Lutz average 3.3 in 2011, Chan averaged 9.1 , Fonacier 5.6 and David 4.4 ,in 2015 Hontiveros average 6.8, Abueva 8.9, Intal 3.8, with Castro averaging 16.7 and Romeo 12.2. In 2017 Fiba Asia Cup, Abueva average 3 PTS, Pogoy 7 PTS and Wright had 12.7 points...In that past 5 iteration of Fiba Asia Cup, only Baguio and Wright Lang naman has better performance that Yap among our wingers...Only Castro and Romeo also has better averages than the 3 among our local players...Point is madali magbash SA MGA players as Fluke or ineffective internationally if Hindi Natin nakita paano sila maglaro before..Yap would have been a good and serviceable winger in Fiba Asia if he was allowed by SMB...In fact in 2013 , nakapasok Lang sina Chan at David because Yap , Lassiter and Lutz were not released by SMC...

Comment

Last time a japanese nt beat ph was in 1994. Patrimonio missing a ft. Their universiade team beat chots team in the jones cup 2007. That was the last time they beat ph. Ph also played without NP and they also played against ph with NP.

For a team with 4 nba/g-league players and coached by a respected foreign coach, being second to the last in fiba 2019 is a major major let down

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
                  Last time a japanese nt beat ph was in 1994. Patrimonio missing a ft. Their universiade team beat chots team in the jones cup 2007. That was the last time they beat ph. Ph also played without NP and they also played against ph with NP.

For a team with 4 nba/g-league players and coached by a respected foreign coach, being second to the last in fiba 2019 is a major major let down
                  Well th the GbLeague and NBA players dont regularly play for them.In fact they were 0-4 in the first two windows as they were playing IRA Brown as their NP, but Japannwon their last 8 window games I think finishing 8-4 overall and overtaking the Philippines. Lucky for us that when we played them in the initial round wala sina Rui, Watanabe and Fazekas otherwise itbwoupd have been an different story

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
                    Like I said on this thread, the PBA restrictions on fil-ams and nat players are borderline racist. No one here is defending that. You're preaching to the choir here.
                    My point on bringing it up, is a poster was saying naturalize Japanese were taking away playing time from local homegrown Japanese in the B league, This should not be a concern as naturalized individuals should be treated equally as locals, plus it is actually preparing the national team better as NP are key players for the national team, see the difference on focus (national team focus rather than homegrown local participation focus - its the bayan ng super star BS, which is actually distorted mindset of values
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Well th the GbLeague and NBA players dont regularly play for them.In fact they were 0-4 in the first two windows as they were playing IRA Brown as their NP, but Japannwon their last 8 window games I think finishing 8-4 overall and overtaking the Philippines. Lucky for us that when we played them in the initial round wala sina Rui, Watanabe and Fazekas otherwise itbwoupd have been an different story
                      Until jp and ph play again, it remains to be seen.

On paper, jp much stronger. But paper strength is just that, otherwise jp wouldve placed higher in worldcup

Comment

• Well to be fair of Japan's WC results, all real Asian teams didn't do well as usual, Japan beat Iran and had a decent game vs Turkey. So they were actually much more competitive than the Philippines, which was litterally laughable embarrassing
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• ^^ Full strength Japan NT will be very hard to beat in the future the way things are with Gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            Well to be fair of Japan's WC results, all real Asian teams didn't do well as usual, Japan beat Iran and had a decent game vs Turkey. So they were actually much more competitive than the Philippines, which was litterally laughable embarrassing
                            When you say "to be fair", as if japan was severely underrated. Half of the team had foreign league experience. The coach is no pushover

Japan underperformed big time. No way to sugar coat that

Comment

Kinda like how we lost our games without Blatche even with the full support of the PBA.. losing key players can have disastrous impact on a team

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Only in 2013 we beat Japan by a comfortable margin. In 2011, it was a close game (if I remember it right). And if I remember it right, Japan had no naturalized player in 2011 Asian Championship. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                                Can't remember it clearly, but I think we beat them with a double digit lead. That's the Japanese team with a deadly scorer, Kawamura that either Lutz and Marcio contained with an elbow to the nose ��

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information