Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,421 to 1,437 of 1437

Thread: Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Can’t wait for Saady to play against onii-san Kiifa.
    Not if the PBA can help it.

san-en signs elias harris

after a year in the japan league supposed to be a better league than (PBA) as most suggests and now with gilas did he improved his craft?

Quote Originally Posted by Startah View Post
    after a year in the japan league supposed to be a better league than (PBA) as most suggests and now with gilas did he improved his craft?
    I guess the one silver lining is that Thirdy learned never to take off time on defense...

Imo Thirdy seems to want to change the way he fundamentally plays, hence the poor performance in Jordan. He's never been the one to bring the ball down, facilitate, shoot off the dribble etc but he's been trying to do it all and it opens up whole new dimensions to his game for people to criticize. The way he plays in Ateneo and the way he plays in B League are two different worlds that needs to collide. I just hope the hate doesn't get to him like it did to Paras and he continues his hard work under proper guidance, I still believe in Thirdy's potential, he's really on the right track, he's still got a huge potential to grow as a 24 year old in his first year of his professional career.

it's a better league in terms of replicating the FIBA game, size almost resembles FIBA game with tall imports and no 6'5" centers, mostly playing Euro style with foreign head coaches so less tactical immaturity, less your turn my turn style. in terms of "watchability", it's a different story, it's less athleticism, i'm not invested in other teams besides Thirdy's team (that by itself is excruciating to watch), maybe NBA watching is preferred because of skill level of the players, but the foul-rigging turns me off. also, because there are so many teams (47?), the talent is spread throughout so watching a random game makes you see immediately the quality of the players.

in terms of Thirdy's improvement, still so many holes in his game as evident in King's cup, but he has already slid down to the 2-spot/combo guard and not the 3-spot/small forward, so that's a major development. i believe San En is building around Thirdy, after the Pinoy support and FB success of the team haha, so hopefully the coach modifies his system to maximize Thirdy.

Thirdy's biggest value to me is on the defensive side , espcially his ability to switch from 1 to 4 defensively ,, without being serverly mismatched

Read somewhere that Japanese fans likened Thirdy's playing style to Yudai Baba. I have watched Baba last night vs ARG, he was the lone bright spot for Japan, as he was constantly attacking the basket and i dont think i saw him pull up for a jumper...all drives and points from fastbreak.

Is Baba still under contract in the NBL, or can we see Baba vs Thirdy in the B-League anytime soon?

Better pay, better league management, better parity ( relatively). Top domestic players probably are still below PBA top tier players, but remember, 3 of Japan's top players play elsewhere. One thing PBA cannot replicate is the game atmosphere in an "home and away" format and player dynamics off the court, especially when the team is travelling. I think that condition is alien to Filipino players in the PBA.

I dont know if that will make Thirdy or an other Filipino player better but i think these conditions build character.

Division 1 San En just lost to Division 2 team FE Nagoya. That's how bad the team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Division 1 San En just lost to Division 2 team FE Nagoya. That's how bad the team is.
    How did Thirdy do?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    How did Thirdy do?
    I didn't get to watch the game unfortunately. Pre-season livestreaming is restricted to Japan only.

30 k usd is nothing in japans cost of libing but these guys knew to live in their means.. the multimilkion dollar dela terrence had back then is the real prixe for these guys..much better than nba minimum
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Thirdy should ask the team next time to recruit Ange Kouame as world import.. Their current world imports (based on the highlights and clips saw) were not good enough.. Kouame is better than them...

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    30 k usd is nothing in japans cost of libing but these guys knew to live in their means.. the multimilkion dollar dela terrence had back then is the real prixe for these guys..much better than nba minimum
    These guys are young and majority (if not all) are extroverted. They would want to spend some to enjoy their 20s.

If you were 30+ and earning $30k a month, you're probably already thinking about how to put that money into your investment portfolio or retirement fund.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Thirdy should ask the team next time to recruit Ange Kouame as world import.. Their current world imports (based on the highlights and clips saw) were not good enough.. Kouame is better than them...
    Agree. I think Kouame would be an effective role playing world import to compliment imports like Justine Brownlee & a Terrence Jones or Chris McCullough types. That would be a perfect high-low mix of imports (Kouame being the low-end). I think it won't be good to a team that all 3 of its imports are high-end.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

You will not believe this! see here: https://bestopy.com/about-3

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172