No announcement yet.

Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question me on automatic enter in draft.

1. If that happened in the last draft and Terrafirma can automatically select Thirdy. Terrafirma now holds his right and offers a contract. They are in the same situation as Parks and Thirdy may not be able to play in the B. League because he cannot ask for a release from the PBA. Didn't Thirdy lose his rights to go were he wants to play at.

2. Then there is a league like MBPL, which has a limit on Pro players. Even if they didn't play in the actual game but were drafted in the PBA, they are automatic pro players. Their choices will be limited because they fall under the 5 pro player limitation of MBPL. Like Mikee Reyes, he was given a pro player designation even though he didn't play a second in the PBA and didn't have a contract.

3. What if you still want to go back to college. We know that even if you are 25 yrs old you can still play. If you auto drafts then you losses your eligibilities. this could be used by a rival University to make one player ineligible to play in college.

It is still better to leave the chose to players with the kind of environment and politics we have.

Comment

• 1. Rights to a player for being drafted are limited , to within the league. when the spurs drafted and stashed Manu in 1998 , they did not have rights over his current Italy team , that was outside of the NBA. they only had preference rights of him over other NBA teams

3. there are eligibility requirements on who can automatically enter the draft, one could be that you're no longer eligible to play college ball. And that is why those who have yet exhausted their college years of eligibility are required to declare their intention of entering the draft early to be selected.

Comment

• 1. Well do we have a defined rule on FIBA on this. What if Terrafirma wants to block you and send a protest to FIBA on the grounds you have to secure a release from them. What remedies those player have. A lot of cases of players being block overseas just because of disagreements. They can file a petition, I don't how long will that be or how much will it cost. Also depends were will the player will go abroad or local leagues. FIBA and/or GAB.

3. That's not similar to NBA rules just saying. That could work. In the case of Thirdy, then he can still play one year in Ateneo if he wants to or until he is 25 yrs old. MBA student. He can be accused of dodging the draft which brings us back to our first issue.

Comment

• ^
          1. In regards to FIBA , and their treatment of NBA and foreign leagues. there is no issue cause the rules have been collectively been agreed with all parties- the different leagues (Previously)

2. there really should be no issue, if the policies were just well thought and planned

Comment

• The PBA are too selective with their rules. Where was the outcry when SMC was blatantly putting up walls over Junemar? Nobody did anything back then. Even with the unfair trades they rarely punishes the teams but when it comes to players este players who aren't members of their boys club you really have to obey or your screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              So essentially Thirdy is penalized and disadvantage because he played college in the Philippines and he's too good (top pick prospect)
              huh? penalized and at a disadvantage? you are making shit up again. he was just asked to write a short letter to justify. how hard is that. thirdy will not be playing in japan for 10 years. at some point when he is 30 years old he will join the pba. no need to burn bridges.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• ^
                he was singled out and the only one i know threatened with a ban and as to explain via letter, - yes that is being reprimanded (penalized) and disadvantaged for being good and a Phil college grauduate.

Comment

^
                  he was singled out and the only one i know threatened with a ban and as to explain via letter, - yes that is being reprimanded (penalized) and disadvantaged for being good and a Phil college grauduate.
                  as i said its because he was viewed as a first round top pick.
                  he was singled out because of that. how the fuck are you gonna have multiple first round top pick.
                  did you see any league that had two first round top pick. the rules are ridiculous but an organization can have its own rules. like it then take it. you dont like it then no choice. i have not read he will be banned i think the penalty will come if he will not write a letter to explain which is not a hard thing to do even his agent can do it for him.

commisioner: for the first rount top pick, terrafirma picks thirdy ravena and joshua munzon

is that what you are implying? good lord.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• What's with the language suggesting tone... i'm not saying anything other than what was reported, perhaps just use of different terms, having to write a letter of explanation while one can say is "easy to do" is still an action and effort required which is however small a penalty. being singled out and no one else mentioned is being disadvantage compared to the rest. More than anything the penalty cost (not monetary) is public relations and being labeled a draft dodger. i represent players , i wouldn't want my player to be called out like Thridy., that is indeed being disadvantaged and being told of to write an explanation is a reprimand penalty (not monetary - but still - a foul call was made - telling of or whatever.

anyway the real loser here is the PBA. bad PR

Comment

What's with the language suggesting tone... i'm not saying anything other than what was reported, perhaps just use of different terms, having to write a letter of explanation while one can say is "easy to do" is still an action and effort required which is however small a penalty. being singled out and no one else mentioned is being disadvantage compared to the rest. More than anything the penalty cost (not monetary) is public relations and being labeled a draft dodger. i represent players , i wouldn't want my player to be called out like Thridy., that is indeed being disadvantaged and being told of to write an explanation is a reprimand penalty (not monetary - but still - a foul call was made - telling of or whatever.

anyway the real loser here is the PBA. bad PR
                      good lord. no offense, but i can see why people see you as an asshole. as i said letter is not hard to do and its not a penalty no need to over fucking analyze it. if it means not burning bridges then nothing wrong with it even his agent can do it for him at no inconvinience to thirdy. he is a top pick player. its a mix of politics mainly due to what happened before. as i said thirdy will play in pba at some point even if that means he is 40, his agent can write as many letters for him its
                      not a penalty. its just a simple letter.

Comment

• You're making a fuss out of nothing, writing a letter as u mentioned is trivial. but the reason this is getting press is exactly that , the PbA is making a fuss about trivial matters , which makes them look bad.. look if Adam Silver did the same thing,, he would be a laughing stock, and that is why this is news. cause the PBA is making a fuss for nothing or no valid reason.. sorry u missed the point

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                          The PBA are too selective with their rules. Where was the outcry when SMC was blatantly putting up walls over Junemar? Nobody did anything back then. Even with the unfair trades they rarely punishes the teams but when it comes to players este players who aren't members of their boys club you really have to obey or your screwed.
                          the rule effect after BRP jr. haven’t apply for the draft for about 5 years.. so why they didn’t go after those players who are late applying for draft like those close to 30 age players or older?

the rule somehow effect on the CTG boys as they scared they might get banned playing the league..
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

^
                            imagine kobe paras will write a letter after a nba team sign him for a 10 day contract..

it means to say that every 2 years, a pinoy baller will write a letter to PBA on why they shouldn’t get ban from playing in PBA..

better ask tuffin and nunag to write a letter
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              The PBA are too selective with their rules. Where was the outcry when SMC was blatantly putting up walls over Junemar? Nobody did anything back then. Even with the unfair trades they rarely punishes the teams but when it comes to players este players who aren't members of their boys club you really have to obey or your screwed.
                              Para palang UAAP lang. LOL!

Comment

• If someone like Barefield or Holt decides to play here after their stints internationally, they’d be barred from the PBA under that rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information