No announcement yet.

Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice all around game for thirdy.. making his impact on defensive end.. and they won.. 82-76
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• This is what Thirdy can do for Gilas. Most of the time he is tasked to defend imports. Currently He is San-En's best wing defender. Shiga's Import Octeus had two miserable games this weekend when being guarded by Thirdy. He shuts him down entirely. I don't recall if he ever even got a shot with him being on D. Offensively, he needs to improve. Shooting is still wildly inconsistent and sometimes bumbles open layups if there's a tall defender near the shaded lane. He needs a team with better coaching and spacing for Thirdy to show his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
        This is what Thirdy can do for Gilas. Most of the time he is tasked to defend imports. Currently He is San-En's best wing defender. Shiga's Import Octeus had two miserable games this weekend when being guarded by Thirdy. He shuts him down entirely. I don't recall if he ever even got a shot with him being on D. Offensively, he needs to improve. Shooting is still wildly inconsistent and sometimes bumbles open layups if there's a tall defender near the shaded lane. He needs a team with better coaching and spacing for Thirdy to show his offense.
        he did manage to pass the ball well.. setting up teammates..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          he did manage to pass the ball well.. setting up teammates..
          Thirdy should have taken either the Tokyo or Ryukyu offer instead.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            Thirdy should have taken either the Tokyo or Ryukyu offer instead.
            He wanted to join a struggling team thinking that would give him an opportunity to shine. Unfortunately his team is struggling for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
              This is what Thirdy can do for Gilas. Most of the time he is tasked to defend imports. Currently He is San-En's best wing defender. Shiga's Import Octeus had two miserable games this weekend when being guarded by Thirdy. He shuts him down entirely. I don't recall if he ever even got a shot with him being on D. Offensively, he needs to improve. Shooting is still wildly inconsistent and sometimes bumbles open layups if there's a tall defender near the shaded lane. He needs a team with better coaching and spacing for Thirdy to show his offense.
              Nice to hear that Thirdy is showing some potential in defense. Perhaps defense would make Thirdy even more serviceable to Gilas. He & Dwight Ramos can form a solid defensive tandem at the wings. If he is able to develop defense at a level that would stymie the top wingmen of China, Korea, Japan, Lebanon, Iran, Jordan, then I think Thirdy would be very serviceable for Gilas. The thing about Thirdy is that, yung ikaw kung opposing team, you can't simply disregard him & not put some attention on defense becoz he's a good slasher & finisher off the break. Now if he is able to polish his shooting, then he will even be more dangerous on the offensive end.

I'd like to give Thirdy some consideration amid the not so impressive showing in the B-league lately. We have to remember that while he was hired by San-en as an Asian import, he is still a rookie in professional basketball. He's still developing & not yet a finished product.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                Yeah.. but for sake of future plans, especially for gilas.. if blackwater takes that 1st pick next year then should get that opportunity to put thirdy's name in pba draft, atleast playing rights in the future.. di Naman forever andyan si thirdy.. mvp camp can put him first in gilas cadets draft.. so that they hold him just likes of tungcab, navarro, etc... While baltazar will join as regular draftee.. these are are future players of gilas beyond 2023...
                Say Thirdy spends a long time in Japan, could he still play for the PBA after?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                  Oo naman, Si Maurice Shaw nga enters the PBA at age of 34.. He can join next year's draft via Gilas draft (Assuming BWE holds the 1st pick) and hold his playing rights only once he decided to play in the PBA in the future.. Magkaiba naman kasi talaga Joining the draft and Play in the official PBA game..
                  That's nice...Thirdy will always have a fallback...though iirc there's a player in Japan right now who is still playing at the age of 45. Thirdy might like it there so much that he could play for the B League for a longer time than anticipated.

EDIT: Found him, he's Takehiko Orimo and he's still playing at 49 years old...how old is Asi now?

Takehiko Orimo, who at 49 years of age is the oldest basketball player in the B. League, will retire at the end of the 2019-2020 season, his club Levanga H

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                    That's nice...Thirdy will always have a fallback...though iirc there's a player in Japan right now who is still playing at the age of 45. Thirdy might like it there so much that he could play for the B League for a longer time than anticipated.

EDIT: Found him, he's Takehiko Orimo and he's still playing at 49 years old...how old is Asi now?

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...o-call-career/
                    Yeah, i've read about this Orimo guy months ago that he is still playing professional ball. I remember too during the 2002 Asian Games, that guy almost single-handedly defeated RP NT. He was a legit scorer in the Asian level during those days. Ball really is life for this guy, i must say.

As for Thirdy, i hope he gets to play most of his 20's in the B. League, with a mid-tier B1 team that always has a good chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                      Yeah, i've read about this Orimo guy months ago that he is still playing professional ball. I remember too during the 2002 Asian Games, that guy almost single-handedly defeated RP NT. He was a legit scorer in the Asian level during those days. Ball really is life for this guy, i must say.

As for Thirdy, i hope he gets to play most of his 20's in the B. League, with a mid-tier B1 team that always has a good chance of making the playoffs.
                      If not for that sucker punch by Dennis "The Menace" Espino on Orimo, malamang natalo tayo doon sa game vs. Japan. But looking back at that 2002 Asian Games, di kaya nakarma tayo for resorting to a dirty trick in that won game vs. Japan, then we lost a won game vs. Korea in the semis?

We got away with that wickedness in that game vs. Japan only to be haunted by it in that game vs Korea. And that bitter loss to Korea still haunts Phi basketball up to this day.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        If not for that sucker punch by Dennis "The Menace" Espino on Orimo, malamang natalo tayo doon sa game vs. Japan. But looking back at that 2002 Asian Games, di kaya nakarma tayo for resorting to a dirty trick in that won game vs. Japan, then we lost a won game vs. Korea in the semis?

We got away with that wickedness in that game vs. Japan only to be haunted by it in that game vs Korea. And that bitter loss to Korea still haunts Phi basketball up to this day.
                        I dont think so that We are always beaten by korea just because if "karma"

anyway, gilas already break the curse back in 2013.

But, we did not win again against them after that. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

same dennis espino that had an altercation with chris tiu in 2009? i can't find any link but i remember tiu complaining for being the recipient of a kick or a sucker punch from this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                            same dennis espino that had an altercation with chris tiu in 2009? i can't find any link but i remember tiu complaining for being the recipient of a kick or a sucker punch from this guy.
                            I don't know about that Espino-Chris Tiu altercation in 2009.

One thing about Dennis Espino, he's no angel. Far from it. He knew how to play dirty also. He's some sort of an RDO also, perhaps even more mischievous than RDO.

Sorry for the OT

Comment

• Last year Orimo made the record books as the oldest B. League All Star MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...o-call-career/
                                Asi is 48

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information