Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1422

Thread: Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

  1. #1
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    21,887
    Country: Philippines

    Default Thirdy Ravena San-En Neophoenix

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...phoenix/185802

    coach: Branislav Vićentić

    Neophoenix record from 19-20 season is 5-36

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,775
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Atleast he will be used in this team. I think neophoenix is a weak team.

    Thirdy can also be out scout in Japan's developmennt and basketball.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    21,887
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Atleast he will be used in this team. I think neophoenix is a weak team.

    Thirdy can also be out scout in Japan's developmennt and basketball.
    maybe an instant starter for him and he’ll probably play as SG..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,775
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    maybe an instant starter for him and he’ll probably play as SG..
    Yes. Because they are dead last last year.

    So, they get Thirdy.

    I am sure Thirdy chooses this weak team because he was promised decent or great playong time

  5. #5
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    21,887
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yes. Because they are dead last last year.

    So, they get Thirdy.

    I am sure Thirdy chooses this weak team because he was promised decent or great playong time
    and the coach is connected with tab

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    151

    Default

    What is thirdys official DOB, height, weight, wingspan & vertical leap?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    21,887
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herms View Post
    What is thirdys official DOB, height, weight, wingspan & vertical leap?
    DOB: December 17, 1997
    Height: 6’2
    Weight: 97KG

    no idea about his wingspan and verticals

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,393
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    A Serbian coach. Good to know Japan, one of the most nationalistic countries in the world, doesn't have an insular and protectionist coaches association.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12,325
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    A Serbian coach. Good to know Japan, one of the most nationalistic countries in the world, doesn't have an insular and protectionist coaches association.
    Good point.

    While Japan is among the most "nationalistic" countries in the world, it is "realistic" regarding the fact that it needs the benefit of the so called transfer of basketball technology/know-how from foreigners.

    In the case of Philippine basketball on the other hand, the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines (BCAP) just don't like the idea of having foreign coaches in the country. These people just can't accept the reality that Phi basketball has been lagging behind other countries in basketball becoz we have stagnated due to our insular mentality. Being nationalistic has nothing to do with it. Its just pure stupidity by the BCAP.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  10. #10
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,714
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    With Ken Tuffin is now Taranaki, Thirdy in San-en and Kai in G-League, Gilas is steadily positioning itself to get more potentially reliable players outside PBA. I hope other younger prospects will follow suit.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    636
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Thirdy just decided what he thinks is a brilliant move to jumpstart his professional basketball career..I hope many more kids may follow what Ken, Kai and Thirdy are doing right now...sucks to those basketball officials whose grandpa/primitive attitude doesn't benefit Philippine basketball moving forward.

  12. #12
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,119
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    how many western imports are allowed in this league?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  13. #13
    Senior Member watiwawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    841
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    how many western imports are allowed in this league?
    Based on google, 3 per team. With only two that can play together on the court.
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    Based on google, 3 per team. With only two that can play together on the court.
    Does Asian import can play with two other import at the same time?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6,216
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Good point.

    While Japan is among the most "nationalistic" countries in the world, it is "realistic" regarding the fact that it needs the benefit of the so called transfer of basketball technology/know-how from foreigners.

    In the case of Philippine basketball on the other hand, the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines (BCAP) just don't like the idea of having foreign coaches in the country. These people just can't accept the reality that Phi basketball has been lagging behind other countries in basketball becoz we have stagnated due to our insular mentality. Being nationalistic has nothing to do with it. Its just pure stupidity by the BCAP.
    One wise man said.. "Kaya Naman daw gawin ng pinoy ang ginagawa nila eh".. bcap treat this coaching job as only feeding salary, not for development and passion.. hahhahahaha..

  16. #16
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    21,887
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Thirdy will team up with 3 NT players

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/what-...200624-fbfirst

  17. #17
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    A Serbian coach. Good to know Japan, one of the most nationalistic countries in the world, doesn't have an insular and protectionist coaches association.
    Pfft. But did he win any PBA title though? Everyone knows your achievements outside the PBA is nothing when you haven't won anything in the PBA.

  18. #18
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,119
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Pfft. But did he win any PBA title though? Everyone knows your achievements outside the PBA is nothing when you haven't won anything in the PBA.
    true. even if you win the world cup but have not won anything in the pba then it's nothing.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,469
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Couple NT players yet theyre 5 -36.

    Hopefully theyre imports are good

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,366
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Couple NT players yet theyre 5 -36.

    Hopefully theyre imports are good
    Their team might just be too bad for their NT players to get them over the mountain, or injuries. Just look at Phoenix and Golden State.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •