This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Batang Gilas U16

Since 2020 Batang Gilas U17 did not qualify for FIBA Asia or FIBA WC U17 because of the pandemic it would be better to move on and focus on the next set of Batang Gilas prospects. I believe all International prospects are eligible.

U17 World Cup to be held in Jakarta Indonesia during the year 2022. No update so far if FIBA Asia U16/U17 will be held the same year again or year prior.

Current Prospects:
    Local

Kobe Demisana 6’7 UP
    JV Papa 6’9 NU
    Seb Reyes 6’5 NU
    Josh Minguillo 6’4 Xavier-CDO
    Zhan Paolo Moreno 6’0 Xavier-CDO
    Derek Domangcas 6’4 Ateneo
    Lionel Rubico 5’9 LPU
    Lebron Nieto 5’10 Ateneo
    Kris Porter 6’4 SHS-Ateneo
    Kurt Perciano 6’8 NU
    Joseph Ples 6’2 NU
    Christian Saenz 6’6 ?
    Jaime Gomez de LiaƱo UP
    AJ Moudebalu 6’2 STI-West Negros

International
    Enzo Schatzel 6’5 USA
    Xavier Chio 5’9 AUS
    Liam Jaymalin 5’7 USA
    Femi Edu 6’2 UK
    CJ Amos 6’0 AUS

Age Questionable
    Kim Tamayo 5’11 NU
    Joemakiyo Nikoro 6’4 AdU
    Last edited by qwertyz; 07-15-2020, 08:35 AM.

Not bad. Every team since Kai's batch just looks small from now on lol. I also just noticed most of the tall guys are a bit new to the game and quite soft. Femi and CJ are a must for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
      Kris Porter 6ā€™4 SHS-Ateneo
      same name as the the NLEX player who also played with Sacred Heart?
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
        same name as the the NLEX player who also played with Sacred Heart?
        Kristoffer Porter plays for NLEX and his brother Kristian Porter now plays for SHS.

Comment

you mean 2021 u16?
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            you mean 2021 u16?
            But haven’t they ditched a qualifying tournament the year before the world cup? They do it the same year as the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
              But haven’t they ditched a qualifying tournament the year before the world cup? They do it the same year as the world cup.
              it’s fiba asia’s fault.. most continent tournaments happen a year before.. notice the last time and this year, fiba asia u16 happen months before the u17 world cup? i dunno with fiba asia with all the delays.. no one wants to host is one.. we even don’t have seaba u16. that usually happen around summer time.. as you know in seaba region it’s Gilas and friends.. prior to kai’s batch it always happen a year before the world cup..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

2020 u17 WC is for 03/04 born athletes.

2021 U16 Asia 05/06 (top 4)
                Qualifies for
                2022 u17 WC 05/06

Comment

With The likes of Caelum Harris(Ranked 29 for Batch 2024 as of April 2021), Jayden Harper(Ranked for Batch) and Vcytorious Miller(Ranked #5 for Batch 2024 as of April 2021) will surely become one of the dark horses in any upcoming FIBA Youth tournament come 2022, forget 2021, I think FIBA are not keen on staging any youth tournament on the coming months except for Senior tournaments both Men and Women. Those high profiles kids are a great additions on our program if we really that serious to be on the medal rounds come 2027 and beyond, now the biggest challenge is in the hands of SBP, do they have the willingness, the audacity and the focus to lure those kids to be part of our journey moving forward because in reality team USA is in a very good position to swarm those kids considering that they are already in there home backyard while the kids are getting stronger and taller everyday every minute hence their stocks and ranking will keep on accelerating as the months pass by. The good thing about those lads, they are well educated and level headed kids who talks with humility and good manners, thanks to the parents especially their Pinay mothers who had a great influence on those kids in fact hindi naman daw mahirap kausap ang mga magulang ng mga batang ito it's just that as a parents they only wants what is best for there kids on the long run. As for the other prospect like Sage, I think the boy and his family had no qualms on playing for Batang Gilas it's just that the main focus is to get to college and get a degree just any typical pinoy family wherein education comes first, well basketball will always be there it's just that education will be the biggest part of his foundation..let's respect that..Hopefully by 2022 when this pandemic is somehow contain in a tolerable level and a new season of NBTC 2022(hopefully) will commence hence I hope FIL-AM Nation of coach Alex Cabagnot and guys from Takbo may had a collaboration with NBTC to send teams to play here, and given a chance invite those 4 boys and there immediate family(s) to join the trip so that they could experience Philippine basketball atmosphere the way Jalen Green and his parents experienced(twice)before. Oh before I forget how about Femi Edu, I think the kid is almost the same height as his father whose a legit 6"7-6"8 guy, hopefully we could see the lad in a flesh one of these days plying his stuff in NBTC.

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                    FIBA Asia host for U-16 this year could be either Lebanon or Iran.. Maybe this is the chance we can put Harris and other eligible under 16 prs old players for Batang Gilas.. Although dates will be determine when this one will put place..

http://www.fiba.basketball/news/fiba...fourth-meeting
                    It's Lebanon for the men, and Iran for the women.

I only hope Lebanon is safe. I still have the memory watching the video of the large explosion in Beirut. Same with Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                      It's Lebanon for the men, and Iran for the women.

I only hope Lebanon is safe. I still have the memory watching the video of the large explosion in Beirut. Same with Iran.
                      If indeed this confirmation is already with finality I hope we could send our best line-up out there..We still remember what happened in our campaign in Yemen wherein that country hosted the FIBA youth tournament before, but unfortunately our FilAM kids decided to back out because of security reasons. We are fully aware that terrorism is very much active until now despite this pandemic and one of there favorite targets are the Americans. In fairness to Lebanon and Iran I hope issues about security will be address properly and clearly to all participants especially to the parents because this is the main reason why our kids from the states decided to backout back then because of this concerns.

Comment

Gilas U16 2021 Prospects

Note: Must Be born 2005 or later.(2005,2006,....)

GUARDS

Ram Reyes - 6'2-6'3"
                        Daniel Padilla - 6'1"
                        Jacob Bayla - 6'3"-6'4"
                        CJ Amos - 6'3"

WINGS

Derek Domangcas - 6'4
                        Jayden Harper - 6'5-6'6 (If Ever eligible)
                        Caelum Harris - 6'5-6'6"
                        Femi Edu - 6'4-6'5

BIGS

Zain Mahmood - 6'5"
                        Ezekiel Valdez - 6'6"
                        Sebastian Reyes - 6'6 (I know. We want him to be a Wing. Pero No Choice. Lack Bigs. Pwede naman sya Point Forward)

Comment

Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                          If indeed this confirmation is already with finality I hope we could send our best line-up out there..We still remember what happened in our campaign in Yemen wherein that country hosted the FIBA youth tournament before, but unfortunately our FilAM kids decided to back out because of security reasons. We are fully aware that terrorism is very much active until now despite this pandemic and one of there favorite targets are the Americans. In fairness to Lebanon and Iran I hope issues about security will be address properly and clearly to all participants especially to the parents because this is the main reason why our kids from the states decided to backout back then because of this concerns.
                          BRP's batch..

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                            Gilas U16 2021 Prospects

Note: Must Be born 2005 or later.(2005,2006,....)

GUARDS

Ram Reyes - 6'2-6'3"
                            Daniel Padilla - 6'1"
                            Jacob Bayla - 6'3"-6'4"
                            CJ Amos - 6'3"

WINGS

Derek Domangcas - 6'4
                            Jayden Harper - 6'5-6'6 (If Ever eligible)
                            Caelum Harris - 6'5-6'6"
                            Femi Edu - 6'4-6'5

BIGS

Zain Mahmood - 6'5"
                            Ezekiel Valdez - 6'6"
                            Sebastian Reyes - 6'6 (I know. We want him to be a Wing. Pero No Choice. Lack Bigs. Pwede naman sya Point Forward)
                            Is Demisana not eligible anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                              Is Demisana not eligible anymore?
                              Nope. He is born 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information