Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Batang Gilas U16

Default 2022 Batang Gilas U16

Since 2020 Batang Gilas U17 did not qualify for FIBA Asia or FIBA WC U17 because of the pandemic it would be better to move on and focus on the next set of Batang Gilas prospects. I believe all International prospects are eligible.

U17 World Cup to be held in Jakarta Indonesia during the year 2022. No update so far if FIBA Asia U16/U17 will be held the same year again or year prior.

Current Prospects:
    Local

Kobe Demisana 6’7 UP
    JV Papa 6’9 NU
    Seb Reyes 6’5 NU
    Josh Minguillo 6’4 Xavier-CDO
    Zhan Paolo Moreno 6’0 Xavier-CDO
    Derek Domangcas 6’4 Ateneo
    Lionel Rubico 5’9 LPU
    Lebron Nieto 5’10 Ateneo
    Kris Porter 6’4 SHS-Ateneo
    Kurt Perciano 6’8 NU
    Joseph Ples 6’2 NU
    Christian Saenz 6’6 ?
    Jaime Gomez de Liao UP
    AJ Moudebalu 6’2 STI-West Negros

International
    Enzo Schatzel 6’5 USA
    Xavier Chio 5’9 AUS
    Liam Jaymalin 5’7 USA
    Femi Edu 6’2 UK
    CJ Amos 6’0 AUS

Age Questionable
    Kim Tamayo 5’11 NU
    Joemakiyo Nikoro 6’4 AdU
    Last edited by qwertyz; 07-15-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Not bad. Every team since Kai's batch just looks small from now on lol. I also just noticed most of the tall guys are a bit new to the game and quite soft. Femi and CJ are a must for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Kris Porter 64 SHS-Ateneo
    same name as the the NLEX player who also played with Sacred Heart?
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    same name as the the NLEX player who also played with Sacred Heart?
    Kristoffer Porter plays for NLEX and his brother Kristian Porter now plays for SHS.

you mean 2021 u16?
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    you mean 2021 u16?
    But haven’t they ditched a qualifying tournament the year before the world cup? They do it the same year as the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    But haven’t they ditched a qualifying tournament the year before the world cup? They do it the same year as the world cup.
    it’s fiba asia’s fault.. most continent tournaments happen a year before.. notice the last time and this year, fiba asia u16 happen months before the u17 world cup? i dunno with fiba asia with all the delays.. no one wants to host is one.. we even don’t have seaba u16. that usually happen around summer time.. as you know in seaba region it’s Gilas and friends.. prior to kai’s batch it always happen a year before the world cup..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

2020 u17 WC is for 03/04 born athletes.

2021 U16 Asia 05/06 (top 4)
    Qualifies for
    2022 u17 WC 05/06

With The likes of Caelum Harris(Ranked 29 for Batch 2024 as of April 2021), Jayden Harper(Ranked for Batch) and Vcytorious Miller(Ranked #5 for Batch 2024 as of April 2021) will surely become one of the dark horses in any upcoming FIBA Youth tournament come 2022, forget 2021, I think FIBA are not keen on staging any youth tournament on the coming months except for Senior tournaments both Men and Women. Those high profiles kids are a great additions on our program if we really that serious to be on the medal rounds come 2027 and beyond, now the biggest challenge is in the hands of SBP, do they have the willingness, the audacity and the focus to lure those kids to be part of our journey moving forward because in reality team USA is in a very good position to swarm those kids considering that they are already in there home backyard while the kids are getting stronger and taller everyday every minute hence their stocks and ranking will keep on accelerating as the months pass by. The good thing about those lads, they are well educated and level headed kids who talks with humility and good manners, thanks to the parents especially their Pinay mothers who had a great influence on those kids in fact hindi naman daw mahirap kausap ang mga magulang ng mga batang ito it's just that as a parents they only wants what is best for there kids on the long run. As for the other prospect like Sage, I think the boy and his family had no qualms on playing for Batang Gilas it's just that the main focus is to get to college and get a degree just any typical pinoy family wherein education comes first, well basketball will always be there it's just that education will be the biggest part of his foundation..let's respect that..Hopefully by 2022 when this pandemic is somehow contain in a tolerable level and a new season of NBTC 2022(hopefully) will commence hence I hope FIL-AM Nation of coach Alex Cabagnot and guys from Takbo may had a collaboration with NBTC to send teams to play here, and given a chance invite those 4 boys and there immediate family(s) to join the trip so that they could experience Philippine basketball atmosphere the way Jalen Green and his parents experienced(twice)before. Oh before I forget how about Femi Edu, I think the kid is almost the same height as his father whose a legit 6"7-6"8 guy, hopefully we could see the lad in a flesh one of these days plying his stuff in NBTC.

FIBA Asia host for U-16 this year could be either Lebanon or Iran.. Maybe this is the chance we can put Harris and other eligible under 16 prs old players for Batang Gilas.. Although dates will be determine when this one will put place..

http://www.fiba.basketball/news/fiba...fourth-meeting

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    FIBA Asia host for U-16 this year could be either Lebanon or Iran.. Maybe this is the chance we can put Harris and other eligible under 16 prs old players for Batang Gilas.. Although dates will be determine when this one will put place..

http://www.fiba.basketball/news/fiba...fourth-meeting
    It's Lebanon for the men, and Iran for the women.

I only hope Lebanon is safe. I still have the memory watching the video of the large explosion in Beirut. Same with Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    It's Lebanon for the men, and Iran for the women.

I only hope Lebanon is safe. I still have the memory watching the video of the large explosion in Beirut. Same with Iran.
    If indeed this confirmation is already with finality I hope we could send our best line-up out there..We still remember what happened in our campaign in Yemen wherein that country hosted the FIBA youth tournament before, but unfortunately our FilAM kids decided to back out because of security reasons. We are fully aware that terrorism is very much active until now despite this pandemic and one of there favorite targets are the Americans. In fairness to Lebanon and Iran I hope issues about security will be address properly and clearly to all participants especially to the parents because this is the main reason why our kids from the states decided to backout back then because of this concerns.

Gilas U16 2021 Prospects

Note: Must Be born 2005 or later.(2005,2006,....)

GUARDS

Ram Reyes - 6'2-6'3"
    Daniel Padilla - 6'1"
    Jacob Bayla - 6'3"-6'4"
    CJ Amos - 6'3"

WINGS

Derek Domangcas - 6'4
    Jayden Harper - 6'5-6'6 (If Ever eligible)
    Caelum Harris - 6'5-6'6"
    Femi Edu - 6'4-6'5

BIGS

Zain Mahmood - 6'5"
    Ezekiel Valdez - 6'6"
    Sebastian Reyes - 6'6 (I know. We want him to be a Wing. Pero No Choice. Lack Bigs. Pwede naman sya Point Forward)

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    If indeed this confirmation is already with finality I hope we could send our best line-up out there..We still remember what happened in our campaign in Yemen wherein that country hosted the FIBA youth tournament before, but unfortunately our FilAM kids decided to back out because of security reasons. We are fully aware that terrorism is very much active until now despite this pandemic and one of there favorite targets are the Americans. In fairness to Lebanon and Iran I hope issues about security will be address properly and clearly to all participants especially to the parents because this is the main reason why our kids from the states decided to backout back then because of this concerns.
    BRP's batch..

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Gilas U16 2021 Prospects

GUARDS

Ram Reyes - 6'2-6'3"
    Daniel Padilla - 6'1"
    Jacob Bayla - 6'3"-6'4"
    CJ Amos - 6'3"

WINGS

Derek Domangcas - 6'4
    Caelum Harris - 6'5-6'6"
    Femi Edu - 6'4-6'5

BIGS

Zain Mahmood - 6'5"
    Ezekiel Valdez - 6'6"
    Sebastian Reyes - 6'6 (I know. We want him to be a Wing. Pero No Choice. Lack Bigs. Pwede naman sya Point Forward)
    Is Demisana not eligible anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by alfrancis View Post
    Is Demisana not eligible anymore?
    Nope. He is born 2004

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Gilas U16 2021 Prospects

GUARDS

Ram Reyes - 6'2-6'3"
    Daniel Padilla - 6'1"
    Jacob Bayla - 6'3"-6'4"
    CJ Amos - 6'3"

WINGS

Derek Domangcas - 6'4
    Caelum Harris - 6'5-6'6"
    Femi Edu - 6'4-6'5

BIGS

Zain Mahmood - 6'5"
    Ezekiel Valdez - 6'6"
    If we could get Dylan Harper, that would be a gem.

We cannot underestimate the damage more than 1 year of absence from competitive basketball will be on 15 to 17 years old homegrown Filipinos, this is litterally a killer at this stage of ones basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    We cannot underestimate the damage more than 1 year of absence from competitive basketball will be on 15 to 17 years old homegrown Filipinos, this is litterally a killer at this stage of ones basketball...
    True. This is why I expect most prospects in the short term to come from abroad where either the pandemic is more properly managed or the powers that be just dont care and allow the kids to play.

Guys, I think there would be a FIBA Asia U-16 tournament this year as the FIBA Asia U-16 GBA Qualifier has just concluded a few days ago: http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2019/qualifier/gba

I'm excited about our Batang Gilas U-16 prospects like Heinz Demisana, Baste Reyes, Jaime Gomez de Liao, JV Papa, Kurt Perciano, etc.

BTW, is Salvoro still eligible for this tournament?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast