• T-8+ Few games to decuded 3 more teams

1 7.69%
  • Delete

7 53.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resume the Euroleage

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Every result is better than no result.

Announce a "July madness" where all teams are involved and everything will be fine.
    We need it for our mental health, soon as possible
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    This and injury risk, adding contract difficulties are the biggest doubts.

Personally I disagree that all of us who were working regularly from home or at their shops should blame players that they didn't.
    It's not same working from home and doing regular job with all risks.

I don't have a problem if any player wish to stay at home, it's natural human behavior. But if decision will be EL resume then there is no excuse if any of them don't appear on the court.

I know my club doesn't like idea resuming this season, because we have morons in management who did a poor job. But, basketball must continue at any price, like they did in football.

Pao is in advanced talk with Lorenzo brown according to nikos Varlas.

According to Serbian media majority of players told EL board that they are against continuing the season. Decision day will be Monday, though. Meeting was not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    According to Serbian media majority of players told EL board that they are against continuing the season. Decision day will be Monday, though. Meeting was not mandatory.
    The players will resume if the EL will decuded it. They will raise their salaries from 80% to 90%. big money
    2019/2020:

Some rumours now, that "Turkish airlines" is pushing to resume the season with full hosting and play in Turkey the F-8. If is true, I can see that the EL will resume
    2019/2020:

Most of the captains of the teams said that they didnt want to play. This makes me really angry what pussies!

They'll back quickly if the EL will resume. They need money
    2019/2020:

It's really shame if competitions don't resume.. Partizan was going to go all the way in Eurocup and ABA league .

It makes sense to resume the season only from financial point of view, other than that call the July tournament some "EL Summer League", it would be closer to what it really would be than to actual finish of 2019/20 season

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    Some rumours now, that "Turkish airlines" is pushing to resume the season with full hosting and play in Turkey the F-8. If is true, I can see that the EL will resume
    Resume maybe, in Turkey no.

I don’t believe they should or will resume. But if miracle happens and they for some reason decide to finished the season, they should play in Ljubljana. Neutral place for everyone and 0 Covid-19 cases.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-24-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    previously known as Beno

I am not 100% sure which is the problem. These guys are professionals, which means it is their job to maintain themselves in top condition. All of those guys have gyms in their homes, that means that they can perform solo exercises. They even have semi basketball courts, I suppose. The stop was two months. These guys have one month to get in shape for national teams tourneys... So I don’t think that the issue is the players conditions, although you should not expect level to be the same as before Covid. The issue is whether the cost to resume outweighs the benefits. Financially, in the long term, certainly it does, although in the short term I doubt as I suppose the percentage of revenues coming to the teams from tv is much smaller than nba. The thing is the whole credibility of the situation. When you have local leagues in football and in basketball restating, not able to resume the biggest European competition doesn’t look too good, eh? As far as health concerns go, currently, with one venue in a low danger country and regular testing, I don’t see a big risk, at least statistically.

Ps - of course nba is a completely different story, Go ask Giannis or LBJ if they want to play..

made up teams that do not contain the same players would be a farce just to make money.....not interested

Alex Abrines "I have no problem, if the Euroleague is canceled, to give it to Efes. In the end, they are the ones who have proved to be the best for most of the season. I sincerely believe that it is easier to win the Euroleague."

https://www.talkbasket.net/90133-ale...e-than-the-acb

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Alex Abrines "I have no problem, if the Euroleague is canceled, to give it to Efes. In the end, they are the ones who have proved to be the best for most of the season. I sincerely believe that it is easier to win the Euroleague."

https://www.talkbasket.net/90133-ale...e-than-the-acb
    and he wants for Barca to win ACB.
    previously known as Beno

beating Madrid in five games is very difficult. On the other hand, playing a Final Four and winning a match against Madrid and another against Efes is not so difficult for me
    Things like these show the need for more math in school

If the players do not want to play (not commenting on whether they are right or wrong) what will EL and the teams do? Hold them at the gunpoint? Cut players who do not attend the games? Good luck getting players from NBA/G-League with that
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Euroleague and Eurocup are cancelled. Still there is a chance that Efes is gonna declared champion since we cannot ignore the efforts of more than 20 weeks bur even if it will be never felt like a normal championship.

Very pitiful for Efes but shit happens. Now no money from Turkish Airlines and the players should also get cut financially. No game no money.

In Serbia there is a rumour since 2 days that EL will have 20 participants next autumn - 18 from cancelled season, Virtus + 1 additional team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast