Resume the Euroleage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
    Some rumours now, that "Turkish airlines" is pushing to resume the season with full hosting and play in Turkey the F-8. If is true, I can see that the EL will resume
    Resume maybe, in Turkey no.

Comment

I don’t believe they should or will resume. But if miracle happens and they for some reason decide to finished the season, they should play in Ljubljana. Neutral place for everyone and 0 Covid-19 cases.
      Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-24-2020, 08:24 AM.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

I am not 100% sure which is the problem. These guys are professionals, which means it is their job to maintain themselves in top condition. All of those guys have gyms in their homes, that means that they can perform solo exercises. They even have semi basketball courts, I suppose. The stop was two months. These guys have one month to get in shape for national teams tourneys... So I don’t think that the issue is the players conditions, although you should not expect level to be the same as before Covid. The issue is whether the cost to resume outweighs the benefits. Financially, in the long term, certainly it does, although in the short term I doubt as I suppose the percentage of revenues coming to the teams from tv is much smaller than nba. The thing is the whole credibility of the situation. When you have local leagues in football and in basketball restating, not able to resume the biggest European competition doesn’t look too good, eh? As far as health concerns go, currently, with one venue in a low danger country and regular testing, I don’t see a big risk, at least statistically.

Ps - of course nba is a completely different story, Go ask Giannis or LBJ if they want to play..

Comment

made up teams that do not contain the same players would be a farce just to make money.....not interested

Comment

Alex Abrines "I have no problem, if the Euroleague is canceled, to give it to Efes. In the end, they are the ones who have proved to be the best for most of the season. I sincerely believe that it is easier to win the Euroleague."

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
              Alex Abrines "I have no problem, if the Euroleague is canceled, to give it to Efes. In the end, they are the ones who have proved to be the best for most of the season. I sincerely believe that it is easier to win the Euroleague."

https://www.talkbasket.net/90133-ale...e-than-the-acb
              and he wants for Barca to win ACB.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

beating Madrid in five games is very difficult. On the other hand, playing a Final Four and winning a match against Madrid and another against Efes is not so difficult for me
                Things like these show the need for more math in school

Comment

If the players do not want to play (not commenting on whether they are right or wrong) what will EL and the teams do? Hold them at the gunpoint? Cut players who do not attend the games? Good luck getting players from NBA/G-League with that
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Euroleague and Eurocup are cancelled. Still there is a chance that Efes is gonna declared champion since we cannot ignore the efforts of more than 20 weeks bur even if it will be never felt like a normal championship.

Very pitiful for Efes but shit happens. Now no money from Turkish Airlines and the players should also get cut financially. No game no money.

Comment

In Serbia there is a rumour since 2 days that EL will have 20 participants next autumn - 18 from cancelled season, Virtus + 1 additional team.

Comment

Interestiing will be the two spots for Euroleague from Eurocup. Euroleague will share wildcards for the spots imo. Since Tofas will reduce the budget around 40% there is no chance for them to be selected. They will sign 2-3 good foreigners and use mostly their own prospects which I welcome. I am just not sure which competition they should choose. BCL or Eurocup.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          Interestiing will be the two spots for Euroleague from Eurocup. Euroleague will share wildcards for the spots imo. Since Tofas will reduce the budget around 40% there is no chance for them to be selected. They will sign 2-3 good foreigners and use mostly their own prospects which I welcome. I am just not sure which competition they should choose. BCL or Eurocup.
                          Partizan should get the spot if there's any justice.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                            If the players do not want to play (not commenting on whether they are right or wrong) what will EL and the teams do? Hold them at the gunpoint? Cut players who do not attend the games? Good luck getting players from NBA/G-League with that
                            I don't see any NBA players saying they don't want to play and things in Europe are much much better than in the US. You can't shoot the ball in quarantine, ok, but no one told you to go on and put 20 pounds mid-season. Suddenly risking injury is the main concern? Why are they out of shape in the first place?

Let's be honest, this is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                              Euroleague and Eurocup are cancelled. Still there is a chance that Efes is gonna declared champion since we cannot ignore the efforts of more than 20 weeks bur even if it will be never felt like a normal championship.

Very pitiful for Efes but shit happens. Now no money from Turkish Airlines and the players should also get cut financially. No game no money.
                              Sure we cannot ignore the efforts, they should give Efes home court advantage for the playoffs in the cancelled season. They deserve it.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                                I don't see any NBA players saying they don't want to play and things in Europe are much much better than in the US. You can't shoot the ball in quarantine, ok, but no one told you to go on and put 20 pounds mid-season. Suddenly risking injury is the main concern? Why are they out of shape in the first place?

Let's be honest, this is ridiculous.
                                Nba might start in the summer and next season will consequently start in the end of December. Having time for draft, new contracts...Euroleague cannot do anything similar. Starting in June is ridiculous, if some teams didn't even start practicing yet.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information