• Only top 8 as now

2 15.38%
  • T-8+ Few games to decuded 3 more teams

1 7.69%
  • Delete

7 53.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Resume the Euroleage

Shameful decision and shameless behavior of some players.

What they expect to earn milions and be pussies in the same time.

They don't play basketball for themselfs but for funs who pay tickets and buy their fuckin jerseys!

another step closer to the end of circusleague and that clown bertomeu. hopefully serbians will take over the management of european basketball again and the idiots like bertoclown that only care about their profit and not the best for the teams or basketball will go home or even better in jail.

lets hope sponsors will also abandon the ship and then let bertomeu find a way to keep the teams happy without any sponsors.it will be a pleasure watching him trying to find some money and reasons to keep teams happy. a historic day today and i hope it was the beginning of the end of that mafia that has taken over the european basketball
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Expected decision. I understand Efes's frustration for almost securing the first place in the league, but this is just bad luck. There is nothing you can do. Think it like a natural disaster. It happens, if you want to blame someone, blame the country who spread the virus first (I don't know who spread the virus first).

Also finishing at the top, never guarantees the championship;
    2017- Real finished the regular season at the top, Fenerbahçe won the cup
    2018- CSKA finished the regular season at the top, Real won the cup
    2019- Fenerbahçe finished the regular season at the top, CSKA won the cup

Efes could still lose the cup in the final four, they should never think it as a %100, but I admit they had a better chance than the last year.

Still, we were also unlucky in the last year because of ridiculous injuries, we could've also won in 2019.

Volleyball and basketball local leagues are canceled as well. Only football looks like an exception, because without the money from the tv producers, the clubs can't survive. But there is no money from volleyball and basketball (even winning euroleague only gives you 1 million dolar, it means nothing for the top clubs), thus there is no need for risking the players health, even though I also believe they shouldn't risk the football players as well, even for the necessary money that could save the majority of the clubs.

I think Euroleague should change the format; they should continue with the playoff format until the final, and final should be played as playoff format as well, then finishing at the top means more, because in this current format, there is no home advantage, and you can always lose in 1 game in semi-final and final, even if you are better. In 1 game format anything can happen. Zalgris can eliminate any top team if they get lucky in 1 game, thus if they reach at the final four, they can become the champion, even though you would know they are not as powerful as the top teams. This regular season games are only for the quarter-final home advantage, which means only little. If you are a top team, you would eliminate a team like Zalgris with 3-1 or 3-2 at best. Thus changing the current final format would be far better, and then I could accept that the team that finishes the league at the top can take the cup if something like this happens again in the future.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 05-25-2020 at 11:24 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    another step closer to the end of circusleague and that clown bertomeu. hopefully serbians will take over the management of european basketball again and the idiots like bertoclown that only care about their profit and not the best for the teams or basketball will go home or even better in jail.

lets hope sponsors will also abandon the ship and then let bertomeu find a way to keep the teams happy without any sponsors.it will be a pleasure watching him trying to find some money and reasons to keep teams happy. a historic day today and i hope it was the beginning of the end of that mafia that has taken over the european basketball

I thought Jordi Bertomeu wanted to play, but the majority of the 11-A licenced Euroleauge teams didn't want it?
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

The players better not moan about being tired next season, they will have six months off by the time the next season begins.

the players are pros and everything, but I think I've done the same if I were in their shoes. the season was mentally already over for almost everyone. let's start afresh next season.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    the players are pros and everything, but I think I've done the same if I were in their shoes. the season was mentally already over for almost everyone. let's start afresh next season.
    I think the season was over the second ELPA made Euroleague (somehow) accept 80% of the salaries when the season is cancelled, compared to 85% of the salaries if the season is played. Would you risk your and your loved ones' life (even if a small risk) for 5% of your salary? I wouldn't.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I think there was probably a concern about risk of injury. I don't think most players would be too out of shape in terms of their weight, but the issue would be conditioning levels and game fitness. Possibly they wouldn't have had enough training before being thrown back into games.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    https://www.basketnews.lt/news-13927...zduojamas.html
    Interesting article in Lithuanian on the subject (use google translate...)

Thanks for the article, very interesting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234